Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    To be fair, the first thing I did when the expansion hit was to fly around the old world ganking Pandaren players. It was delightful in so many inexcusably evil ways.
    I don't care about the players. Their pandaren are probably going to get a heart attack due to high cholesterol. I just want taran Zhu.
    Please give me taran zhu.
    I actually, physically cheered when he got axed in that cinematic. To the surprise of my wife that was sleeping on the sofa.
    I actually cheered. I went "YESSSSS", I swear.
    But of course, I'm racist so what do you expect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not going to answer if you refer to that every single damn time. It's no more childish then Dwarves making a game out of drinking beer.
    That just isnt cool! We dont call them dwarves, they're people too, just not as tall as everyone else. Maybe they wouldnt drink as much if people didnt make fun of their disability all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    If you didn't want people flaming, a title that didn't assume everyone thought Pandaria was childish woulda been better Dropping the "Why" woulda made a difference.
    Considering how some people have been acting in this thread anyway, the title is fitting.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Likely because of Pandas. I wasn't too interested in it, because I really didn't care too much about the panda experience, or really the China experience either. But the more you play it, the more you realize its not kung-fu-panda or china experience. Plus scaring rabbits with turnips and punting marmots is awesome.

PS Japan is not the same as China. People give reasons why they wouldn't like the asia themed expansion because of Japanese influences, NOT Chinese influences. Unless you count the Kung-Fu-Panda insult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I should note I'm not asking this so people can flame each other, start arguments, or be downright rude. Friendly debates are welcome, but I encourage people to be civil to one another, because this is just a game we're talking about. This is a genuine question.

What about Mists of Pandaria was childish, in your opinion? I simply don't see it, to be honest. Was it how the Pandaren looked? Was it the messages of balance and harmony? Was it the way Pandaria looked/the Asian theme? Overall, what didn't you like about it?

If you felt the opposite, why did you feel that way, then? What about it was equally or more hardcore than other expansions? What did you like about it overall?
    Nobody thinks that it was. These were postulations before the expansion.

Alright let's put this in perspective. Pandas are childish because they are silly looking and cute, right? Wrong. Dead wrong. Why because pandas aren't some cutesy animal, it's a freaking bear. Bears overall can look cute and huggable with their thick coats, round little ears, and silly antics. Makes it easy to underestimate the fact it is a freaking bear! What's a bear? A bear is an animal with enough strength to rip a full-grown man's arms from their sockets with contemptable ease. A bear is among the most powerful predators to walk on land in the modern era.

So maybe it's the fact they know martial arts that makes them childish...Yeah, can't see that working either. As it is, MoP gave me a bit of fridge horror when I realize that Blizzard basically gave us a race of freaking bear-people that know martial arts. Making jokes about fat pandas only works so long as they don't decide to throw their weight around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervziel View Post
    Alright let's put this in perspective. Pandas are childish because they are silly looking and cute, right? Wrong. Dead wrong. Why because pandas aren't some cutesy animal, it's a freaking bear. Bears overall can look cute and huggable with their thick coats, round little ears, and silly antics. Makes it easy to underestimate the fact it is a freaking bear! What's a bear? A bear is an animal with enough strength to rip a full-grown man's arms from their sockets with contemptable ease. A bear is among the most powerful predators to walk on land in the modern era.

So maybe it's the fact they know martial arts that makes them childish...Yeah, can't see that working either. As it is, MoP gave me a bit of fridge horror when I realize that Blizzard basically gave us a race of freaking bear-people that know martial arts. Making jokes about fat pandas only works so long as they don't decide to throw their weight around a bit.
    This would be true, if you only apply real life facts. Unfortunately you have to take into account that in most media, the panda is depicted as serene and docile. This not helped by Kung Fung Panda and other such shows that put forth the 'comedy' panda

IMO MoP is not childish, just didn't like the forced Asian theme

Also the misuse of Chinese sounding item names offends me as a Mandarin speaker, looking at you Chun Tian Spring Rolls/Hozen/Lei Shen/Pearl Milk Tea
    Last edited by championknight; 2013-11-12 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted

And that would be great if they put a tiny bit of effort to show them more like bear and less like dreamworks pandas.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-11-12 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    To me it was the very definition of childishness because come on.. kung fu pandas?
    I'm not disagreeing with you - sure there were Pandas, and I guess Windwalker is kung-fu kinda sorta, and yes there were a bunch of relatively lighthearted quests with killing rabid bunnies in Valley of the Four Winds. There was also other stuff and I think the point is the people who like MoP were either liked or were apathetic about the Pandaren, or at very least got past it.

Personally, I thought the Suna Silenstrike and Klaxxi quest chains were awesome, as was the end quests in Valley after the Hidden Master chain were pretty good. All the end game content was fine, and I loved the continent design and the music in particular. Some people play Pandaren, but whatever floats their boat. Outside of leveling, there really isn't that much interaction with the Pandaren - that'd be one of my complaints actually - same goes for the lack of development of the Hozen, Jinyu and Yaungol.

So I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to find childish.

This thread is why Pandaria is Childish.

On the other hand, everything you interpret in your mind, is as childish or serious and mature as you make it.

Undead chewing on people corpses might be childish, or it might be serious. Pandas may be serious and "gritty" or goofy and disney-like.

This game is an art... art is what you make it. Adults play with toys... and children are beaten every day. What the heck does childish or mature even mean? ... they mean exactly what you want them to mean.

Hense, ill choose that this conversation is childish and ridiculous. See how that works
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

I found there were plenty of dark moments in the expansion. But I guess people getting tortured and having their souls ripped from their bodies is only badass if the Lich King does it. Or someone losing friends or loved ones doesn't mean anything. There was lots outside of the pandaren as well. 5.1 storyline was awesome. The pandaren, like most races have lots of cutesy emotes and whatnot, but they look tough when they fight. The female pandas have especially cool melee animations. I'm glad the pandaren are fat! A skinny bear is a sad bear. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean they don't have muscle underneath.

The zones look gorgeous. You don't need every zone to be dreary and dark to make the expansion have dark tones (though I freakin' love the mantid! Holy hell they are cool.) It doesn't matter what I say because people who didn't like the expansion won't like the expansion and will keep making the same comparisons they have since it was announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it had the right balance of humor and light-hearted content vs dark and gritty content. Many people will focus only on the side they don't feel belongs in the game. Personally I welcome a good balance in these things.

You are now reading this in Dwight Schrute's voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod-Note: Taken the freedom to place a lock on this thread, it is at some pages a little too volatile and too less outcome of a constructive discussion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..