Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We did them in order and none of them really stood out as particularly challenging (relatively speaking). It also helped that we had a disc priest, 2 paladins (prot and holy), and a warrior OS tank, as well as good slime handlers (hunter, ele sham, destro lock). If you have a good setup, it's probably just as difficult/easy as any other bosses in the first 8.

At this point I don't really see a reason not to do them in order, in case you get a kill early in the week so you have a shot at another.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Shamans is pretty easy compared to the other bosses.
    We used a 3 tanking strat and got him down after 10-11 wipes.
    Things to note is if someone of the opposite group dies it is possible the bosses will reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Duno3 View Post
    IMO:
    Norushen < Nazgrim < Protectors < Immerseus < Galakras < Juggernaut < Shamans < Sha

but there are no huge differences. First 8 bosses are pretty easy.
    ???
    Juggernaut is easily tied with Norushen for easiest for my raid. We 1 shot both of them for progression.

Shamans have been rough for us though after the first 6 giving us very little trouble, though the key difference between us and most other groups is that we don't have a disc priest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Still harder than Immerseus, Protectors, Norushen, Galakras and Nazgrim, no matter how easy it may be as a heroic encounter.
    Definitely disagreed. Norushen and Juggernaut are free loot compared to even Immerseus or Nazgrim. You literally just DPS the boss like its a target dummy with an occasional side step.

We even used the gtfo during siege strat and killed it on progression with over 3 minutes til enrage. I have no idea how anyone could say this fight is difficult at all in comparison to any of the others you listed.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-11-21 at 07:21 AM.

The healing and DPS checks are quite difficult when compared to normal mode fights.

It isn't very hard, but Immerseus, Protectors, Nuroshen, Sha, Galakras, Juggernaut and Nazgrim are still somewhat easier.

We didn't have a main spec 3rd tank, but I would still definitely say the first four bosses are way easier. Usually when people say that three tank Shamans is a joke, they are comparing it to two tanking, not other fights in general.

Due to the bursty nature of the fight you'll probably want to do the other, easier heroics anyway. 5 item levels is maybe 50k health which helps a lot when meteors crash for 550k combo'd with poison mist/etc.

Shams aren't hard at all but I don't see how you can call any of the other 7 lootbags tougher than him, the fight is quite long and there's a lot more (unavoidable)mechanics that are less forgiving than the other guys.

For us it was (roughly estimated):

Immerseus - 10 pulls
    Protectors - 10 pulls
    Norushen - 1 pull
    Sha - 20 pulls
    Galakras - 10 pulls
    Juggernaut - 5 pulls
    Shamans - 20 pulls
    Nazgrim - 10 pulls
    Malkorok - 50 pulls
    Spoils - 30 pulls
    Thok - Currently progressing, best is 35% after 30 pulls

Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    For us it was (roughly estimated):

Immerseus - 10 pulls
    Protectors - 10 pulls
    Norushen - 1 pull
    Sha - 20 pulls
    Galakras - 10 pulls
    Juggernaut - 5 pulls
    Shamans - 20 pulls
    Nazgrim - 10 pulls
    Malkorok - 50 pulls
    Spoils - 30 pulls
    Thok - Currently progressing, best is 35% after 30 pulls
    do you mind posting a link to your armory?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Definitely disagreed. Norushen and Juggernaut are free loot compared to even Immerseus or Nazgrim. You literally just DPS the boss like its a target dummy with an occasional side step.

We even used the gtfo during siege strat and killed it on progression with over 3 minutes til enrage. I have no idea how anyone could say this fight is difficult at all in comparison to any of the others you listed.
    A hunter doesn't see what could be hard about Iron Juggernaut. Not exactly surprising. And by the way, you have the wrong enrage timer, because there's absolutely no way you killed him that fast on a first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    A hunter doesn't see what could be hard about Iron Juggernaut. Not exactly surprising. And by the way, you have the wrong enrage timer, because there's absolutely no way you killed him that fast on a first kill.
    Indeed a lot a people are widly exagerating. Some people posts that it took them x tries but on close inspection it is way more.

Deleted
    A 1 shot Juggernaut on heroic progression with 3 minutes to the enrage? Can you at least make it even remotely believable?
    Ontopic - shamans isn't exactly hard but arguably harder than a lot of the bosses before him.

For us it was (6 hour/week guild)
    Immerseus - 1 pull (though we've yet to one shot it since, lol)
    Protectors - 14 pulls (another 9 pulls when we 2 healed it for the first time this week)
    Nourshen - 2 pulls
    Sha - 9 pulls
    Galakras - 16 pulls (did this before Sha)
    Juggernaut - 19 pulls

It really varies by what your group excels at and your group comp. We had zero hybrid healing CDs and we had to pug a healer (though he was solid) so Juggernaut was rough, as were other healing intensive fights like Protectors.
    On the other hand, we have good, smart DPS and our better 2 heals are very good, so a fight like Sha just fell over. I found Sha much easier than Juggernaut, Galakras, and even Protectors. (from a Disc priest raid leader PoV)

I highly suggest just going in order. From what I've read/seen, Nazgrim over Shaman might be one you'd consider otherwise, but think of Nazgrim as just being free loot after you get Shaman down. It's what I have planned for our guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You must be under the impression that the enrage is 10 minutes long. Your guild's first kill came 13 seconds from the enrage, which is 7:30.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2013-11-21 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not too difficult. Having a absorb healer makes it easier. The only nerve wracking part of it is when the iron tomb debuff is about to go off and falling ash about to go off around the same time. Was working on it last night should get it this night hopefully. Debating on if I want to make a aura to tell me how fat the absorb on me is so I know if I want to deter or let the absorb work
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    It's not too difficult. Having a absorb healer makes it easier. The only nerve wracking part of it is when the iron tomb debuff is about to go off and falling ash about to go off around the same time. Was working on it last night should get it this night hopefully. Debating on if I want to make a aura to tell me how fat the absorb on me is so I know if I want to deter or let the absorb work
    Having absorbs is honestly required.
    @Saiyoran: Your raiders aren't popping cooldowns as they should, if you can't survive multiple abilities at once. Disc priest and holy pallies can only do so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    @Saiyoran: Your raiders aren't popping cooldowns as they should, if you can't survive multiple abilities at once. Disc priest and holy pallies can only do so much.
    Yeah that I know. Absorbs will only do so much. But if you have a fat absorb, a cd isn't always nessesary
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I joined my current raid group 2 weeks ago along with a Shadow Priest and a BDK. They finally had a full roster so we were able to do heroics competently.

We didn't have the BDK first week (which caused some problems the second week but we overcame that slight obstacle)
    My group's kill order was:
    Immerseus (This took about 6-8 pulls)
    Protectors (Took us 3 pulls)
    Norushen (This one was a bit of a bitch, we didn't kill him the first week hitting enrage timer with 5% left EVERY TIME. DPS was slacking and clearly tired, but we got it)
    Sha of Pride (40 pulls. It was really daunting doing this poorly on a fight, and it doesn't paint a pretty picture for later)
    Galakras (3-4 shot? he was easy. If you beat phase 1 you win the fight)

We're currently on Nazgrim right now (We killed Juggernaut and Shamans on Normals, though IMO we could've had Jugg but ~time constraints~). We did about 5 pulls last week and got him to 20% but our Ret had to go.

As far as mechanics go Nazgrim is hella easy, you need competent Ranged to deal with assassins and the ranged mobs but other than that it wasn't too hard. If you were having troubles enrage timer on Norushen you may need to get a few more pieces of gear)

After that we're going to Iron Juggernaut, then probably do a few pulls on Shamans, then Malkorok and Spoils.

As raid comp goes we are currently:
    Prot Paladin
    Blood DK
    Windwalker Monk with BrM OS
    Ret Paladin
    Survival/BM Hunter
    Ele Shaman with Resto OS (he's our heals on those fights where we need 3)
    Shadow Priest
    Boomkin
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

we have no bench right now, but trying to get a warlock to drop the ret or me (ww) on Malkorok and a couple other fights.

So we've definitely dealt with the adversity of taking a whopping 2 melee for a lot of fights where it isn't even required (Sha lol)

tldr: go in order. Maybe pop nazgrim if you can't get iron jugg/shamans down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Yeah that I know. Absorbs will only do so much. But if you have a fat absorb, a cd isn't always nessesary
    True. As long as you watch your timers and your hp, you shouldn't die, as you should only ever need a cooldown for when ash hits at the same time. This fight isn't very much about RNG, even though it may seem like it (not directed at you in particular).

Deleted
    I solo heal downstairs as a resto druid. It's fairly easy with everyone using their own CD's and ironbark if someone runs out of cooldowns. Sure they drop low, but there's no other source of unavoidable damage other than Falling Ash, and I've never seen those two land within a second of eachother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    I solo heal downstairs as a resto druid. It's fairly easy with everyone using their own CD's and ironbark if someone runs out of cooldowns. Sure they drop low, but there's no other source of unavoidable damage other than Falling Ash, and I've never seen those two land within a second of eachother.
    Incredible I must admit. You must have a quite cooldown heavy team. Strange though that you've not seen the two happen at the same time. I'm sure hand of protection can be useful there.

Yeah I would assume so. As an update, we downed it tonight using an 8/2 split that someone came up with in another thread. Made the fight completely a joke, no exaggeration. I can honestly say this strategy made it easier than Immerseus for us (probably not Norushen easy though). Basically, if you have a disc priest, have him and one tank solo the bottom. Kite the slimes. They dont need to die, you wont run out of room, I promise. Easiest with a BrM tank I've heard but I did it on my warrior with no issues. No idea why this strategy isn't more popular, we had 70 wipes the way most guilds are doing it, and 4 this way, one of those due to the priest dcing.

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/masterhorus/b/481960139 if you skip to 5 minutes, this was our second pull with this strategy. It is not a kill, the druid turned off his stream after this because (as you see when he dies) he got some minor lag spikes from it. It still fully shows what the top group did the whole pull.
    Last edited by Saiyoran; 2013-11-22 at 10:04 AM.