They’ve said that each character on your account will have their own garrison. A question was asked about alts, and it sounded like the devs hadn’t thought about that. That’s a shame.

I have a full array of alts so that I can have profession coverage. There’s only two characters that I actually raid with. When I first heard about garrisons giving you access to other professions, I thought that this would be a wonderful quality of life improvement.

I would like garrisons to be shared across all characters of the same faction on that server for my account. I would absolutely love to build a profession shop and install my profession alt there, and get access to that character’s recipe book at an interface. I would love to build an apothecary and install my alchemist there. Deposit herbs and vials, get potions and flasks without having to swap toons. Same with my enchanter/jc, scribe, and armor-making professions.

Preparing for raid night would stop being an annoying task of toon swapping and looking for mailboxes. Simple one-stop shop. I would get the advantage of having leveled all of these alts and searched out all of these profession recipes.

The one big problem I have with the farm is that it changed from being something fun to being a maintenance chore. I have a routine in the morning where I log on to a toon, do my profession cooldowns, pick stuff on the farm, plant stuff on the farm, on to the next toon, over and over. It’s tedious. It takes away from interacting with my guildies and interacting with the world. Often by the time I hit my main and finish pulling up runty crops and talking to Nomi I’ve run out of steam from the repetition, and lately I find myself just logging off unless there's a raid.

I’m very afraid of garrisons becoming the same grind. 10 or more followers to level then send on missions, for each of my level 100 alts? I’ll enjoy building a garrison the first time through. Maybe even the second. But unless the gameplay is easily streamlined once you’ve maxed it out I can see it getting tedious.

Now, some people will want individual character garrisons so that they can have them in different parts of the world, with different layouts, for RP or for profession coverage or for something else. That’s nice.

I just want to not have to feel like I have to plop down a garrison for every alt. Parking an alt in your garrison (in my vision) would mean that alt can’t create its own garrison, but would be available to any other character on your account who does have a garrison. Maybe they could give a small boost to mining/herb generation for each parked alt, to make up for the fact that you’re missing the opportunity for another cash cow.

I dunno. Maybe I’ll really get into the garrison minigame and want to replay it over and over and over and over and over and over again every single morning before I can get to any actual gameplay. Anything is possible.