1. #1

    Re-Gloryfy Role Playing

    From: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10496970030

    - When you play a Fantastical character in a Fantastical World that's role playing.
    - Everytime you quest to take on a task is Role-Playing.
    - Striving to kill the Lich King is Role-Playing.
    - Making your character stronger for a bigger task is Roleplaying.
    - Pokémon is an RPG, Zelda is an RPG, Final-Fantasy is an RPG, WoW is an RPG.
    - Your Role-playing.
    - There's nothing bad about it.

    - In real life its good to have a role. So you cannot twist that in a game roles aren't healthy for you.
    -Roles set you up for what you want to accomplish in life. Finding a role in Azeroth should be supported in game.

    - Make people happy, Support the Economy, Adventure with Friends, or be The Best.

    So what am I suggesting?

    That a system be made to add identity to characters.

    Join The likes Of:
    D.E.H.T.A
    The War song Clan
    S:I 7
    The Apothecary Society
    Syndicate
    And much, much, more!

    So here is how it works. Instead of going to quest givers on a fixed quest-line you go get initiated to faction given that you meet the prerequisite, earn a role, and your given a set task and reward and your new role is recorded in your Roles UI.

    Say that you wanted to join the Warsong Clan. If your level 20 and is an Orc therefore it is now you responsibility to kill a Night-elf where ever you see a night elf and you would gain Warsong Points you can use for Warsong Transmogs, honor points and Gold.

    Or

    Otherwise you can join the Horde Army and killing Alliance, saving a fellow Horde member from death, partying together will earn you points that earns you gold, ration of food, transmog and a chance of being promoted that then gives you bigger responsibilities such as leading groups of 5 mans into enemy territory but then gives you a better transmog set, better pay, better rewards. Likewise if you've reach General level and you haven't made any attempts to raid an Alliance Capital city in a month you could get demoted.

    Or

    Be an Agent of the SI: 7 as a Rogue and have task such as steal Special Apothecary Flask in the Under City or Formulas and Gears at the Bligewater Bay

    Or

    You can have a Hyphogryph Mount and if you take it to Teldrassil and eat a specific type of fruits from the trees it'll fly a little faster.

    There is also a dynamic of friendships and confliction and a set of rules to govern when they are broken. Such as Horde Nesingwary member kills a bear and a Horde D.E.H.T.A. catches him. Their standings with each other becomes hostile and they try to kill each other. Now if those Horde members were part of the Horde army they would get demoted back to Grunt have their Reputation with the Horde Decrease or even get kicked out of the Horde army until they appeal.

    On the friendship side if there's a certain Item only the Bloodsail Buccaneer can access it might be useful to befriend a Bloodsail member.

    Adventurers would also find themselves in constant contact with each other. Imagine an Apothecary who is a Horde Alchemist or Herbalist having to collect a special herb in Khaz Modan only to find that in Khaz Modan there's a large bounty on their head that Mountaineers can collect.

    You can even join the Burning Legion in secret if you're a warlock.

    - An Identity attaches itself with a goal and a reward.
    -Identities cannot conflict.
    -Self-adventure will help like-minded individuals meet.
    - This system will help fuel self-interest which would then fuel people to finally go out there and do something in the outdoor world.
    Last edited by Korgesh; 2013-11-11 at 07:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    - When you play a Fantastical character in a Fantastical World that's role playing.
    - Everytime you quest to take on a task is Role-Playing.
    - Striving to kill the Lich King is Role-Playing.
    - Making your character stronger for a bigger task is Roleplaying.
    - Pokémon is an RPG, Zelda is an RPG, Final-Fantasy is an RPG, WoW is an RPG.
    - Your Role-playing.
    - There's nothing bad about it.

    - In real life its good to have a role. So you cannot twist that in a game roles aren't healthy for you.
    -Roles set you up for what you want to accomplish in life. Finding a role in Azeroth should be supported in game.

    - Make people happy, Support the Economy, Adventure with Friends, or be The Best.

    So what am I suggesting?

    That a system be made to add identity to characters.

    Join The likes Of:
    D.E.H.T.A
    The War song Clan
    S:I 7
    The Apothecary Society
    Syndicate
    And much, much, more!

    So here is how it works. Instead of going to quest givers on a fixed quest-line you go get initiated to faction given that you meet the prerequisite, earn a role, and your given a set task and reward and your new role is recorded in your Roles UI.

    Say that you wanted to join the Warsong Clan. If your level 20 and is an Orc therefore it is now you responsibility to kill a Night-elf where ever you see a night elf and you would gain Warsong Points you can use for Warsong Transmogs, honor points and Gold.

    Or

    Otherwise you can join the Horde Army and killing Alliance, saving a fellow Horde member from death, partying together will earn you points that earns you gold, ration of food, transmog and a chance of being promoted that then gives you bigger responsibilities such as leading groups of 5 mans into enemy territory but then gives you a better transmog set, better pay, better rewards. Likewise if you've reach General level and you haven't made any attempts to raid an Alliance Capital city in a month you could get demoted.

    Or

    Be an Agent of the SI: 7 as a Rogue and have task such as steal Special Apothecary Flask in the Under City or Formulas and Gears at the Bligewater Bay

    Or

    You can have a Hyphogryph Mount and if you take it to Teldrassil and eat a specific type of fruits from the trees it'll fly a little faster.

    There is also a dynamic of friendships and confliction and a set of rules to govern when they are broken. Such as Horde Nesingwary member kills a bear and a Horde D.E.H.T.A. catches him. Their standings with each other becomes hostile and they try to kill each other. Now if those Horde members were part of the Horde army they would get demoted back to Grunt have their Reputation with the Horde Decrease or even get kicked out of the Horde army until they appeal.

    On the friendship side if there's a certain Item only the Bloodsail Buccaneer can access it might be useful to befriend a Bloodsail member.

    Adventurers would also find themselves in constant contact with each other. Imagine an Apothecary who is a Horde Alchemist or Herbalist having to collect a special herb in Khaz Modan only to find that in Khaz Modan there's a large bounty on their head that Mountaineers can collect.

    You can even join the Burning Legion in secret if you're a warlock.

    - An Identity attaches itself with a goal and a reward.
    -Identities cannot conflict.
    -Self-adventure will help like-minded individuals meet.
    - This system will help fuel self-interest which would then fuel people to finally go out there and do something in the outdoor world.
    This would be a neat idea if it contained any ideas whatsoever that weren't drowning in required PVP. As it stands, I love RP, I have several characters I RP as members of various ingame factions, and I wouldn't touch this system because every single idea you have listed here hinges on dealing with PVP for which I have a seething irrational level of hatred.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,853
    Or just join an RP-PvP server, declare these your affiliations and intentions, and RP accordingly.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    This would be a neat idea if it contained any ideas whatsoever that weren't drowning in required PVP. As it stands, I love RP, I have several characters I RP as members of various ingame factions, and I wouldn't touch this system because every single idea you have listed here hinges on dealing with PVP for which I have a seething irrational level of hatred.
    Well I mean my mind is just demented like that but it doesn't have to be just PvP. You can take on the role of a blacksmith providing weapons for the Alliance Army or that Local vendor or you can be a Druid who's job is to heal treants in Felwood or many other things like being part of D.E.H.T.A. and healing diseased animals, the possibility is limit less.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Or just join an RP-PvP server, declare these your affiliations and intentions, and RP accordingly.
    But theres no reward or gameplay. You may aswell just right a book on an Rp server.

    Having a Role can be entirely different from playing a scene from shakespear in stormwind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •