- When you play a Fantastical character in a Fantastical World that's role playing.
- Everytime you quest to take on a task is Role-Playing.
- Striving to kill the Lich King is Role-Playing.
- Making your character stronger for a bigger task is Roleplaying.
- Pokémon is an RPG, Zelda is an RPG, Final-Fantasy is an RPG, WoW is an RPG.
- Your Role-playing.
- There's nothing bad about it.
- In real life its good to have a role. So you cannot twist that in a game roles aren't healthy for you.
-Roles set you up for what you want to accomplish in life. Finding a role in Azeroth should be supported in game.
- Make people happy, Support the Economy, Adventure with Friends, or be The Best.
So what am I suggesting?
That a system be made to add identity to characters.
Join The likes Of:
The War song Clan
The Apothecary Society
And much, much, more!
So here is how it works. Instead of going to quest givers on a fixed quest-line you go get initiated to faction given that you meet the prerequisite, earn a role, and your given a set task and reward and your new role is recorded in your Roles UI.
Say that you wanted to join the Warsong Clan. If your level 20 and is an Orc therefore it is now you responsibility to kill a Night-elf where ever you see a night elf and you would gain Warsong Points you can use for Warsong Transmogs, honor points and Gold.
Otherwise you can join the Horde Army and killing Alliance, saving a fellow Horde member from death, partying together will earn you points that earns you gold, ration of food, transmog and a chance of being promoted that then gives you bigger responsibilities such as leading groups of 5 mans into enemy territory but then gives you a better transmog set, better pay, better rewards. Likewise if you've reach General level and you haven't made any attempts to raid an Alliance Capital city in a month you could get demoted.
Be an Agent of the SI: 7 as a Rogue and have task such as steal Special Apothecary Flask in the Under City or Formulas and Gears at the Bligewater Bay
You can have a Hyphogryph Mount and if you take it to Teldrassil and eat a specific type of fruits from the trees it'll fly a little faster.
There is also a dynamic of friendships and confliction and a set of rules to govern when they are broken. Such as Horde Nesingwary member kills a bear and a Horde D.E.H.T.A. catches him. Their standings with each other becomes hostile and they try to kill each other. Now if those Horde members were part of the Horde army they would get demoted back to Grunt have their Reputation with the Horde Decrease or even get kicked out of the Horde army until they appeal.
On the friendship side if there's a certain Item only the Bloodsail Buccaneer can access it might be useful to befriend a Bloodsail member.
Adventurers would also find themselves in constant contact with each other. Imagine an Apothecary who is a Horde Alchemist or Herbalist having to collect a special herb in Khaz Modan only to find that in Khaz Modan there's a large bounty on their head that Mountaineers can collect.
You can even join the Burning Legion in secret if you're a warlock.
- An Identity attaches itself with a goal and a reward.
-Identities cannot conflict.
-Self-adventure will help like-minded individuals meet.
- This system will help fuel self-interest which would then fuel people to finally go out there and do something in the outdoor world.