Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Vol'Jin warchief for just one expansion?

Heh i wrote a pretty big text before this but decided to go more simple :

Do you think it's a possibility to bring an orc hero/leader from the past/parallel timeway draenor to current azeroth and vol'jin to step down from being warchief and the title being back to an orc as it was before? For example Durotan , depending on how the story goes.

One thing i am pretty certain is that blizz also chose this expansion theme to bolster the ranks of current orcs after they lost so many of their kind in the MoP expansion by gaining "followers" from the past to come to azeroth , so maybe Durotan and others might come as well?

if Durotan returns to lead the horde it will be a pretty savage decision and savage expansion overall

Vol'jin is staying as warchief. putting an orc as warchief would just start another war with the alliance. There is also a reason Vol'jin got alot of build up. didnt read the book but i have seen people comment about the Loa of death saying Vol'jin is going to have a very big burden that is going to weigh heavily on him and that the Loa of death is guarding Vol'jin(aka you cant kill him unless the Loa death god says its his time)

15+ Year Old Account
    Orcs have sinned enough, time to make them trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Heh i wrote a pretty big text before this but decided to go more simple :

Do you think it's a possibility to bring an orc hero/leader from the past/parallel timeway draenor to current azeroth and vol'jin to step down from being warchief and the title being back to an orc as it was before? For example Durotan , depending on how the story goes.

One thing i am pretty certain is that blizz also chose this expansion theme to bolster the ranks of current orcs after they lost so many of their kind in the MoP expansion by gaining "followers" from the past to come to azeroth , so maybe Durotan and others might come as well?
    Yeah, no. I'd rather have that they would decide that we go back to our timeline after this whole shebang and they stay in their timeline to prevent any further fucking with the timelines
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2013-11-11 at 02:21 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very doubtful, he was given way too much buildup to end up another Garrosh.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    if Durotan returns to lead the horde it will be a pretty savage decision and savage expansion overall
    That would be a savage experience.

I doubt it, but it could happen. Personally I think the Alliance leadership needs more of a shakeup as I find them rather dull.

Vol'Jin is a good troll, and had the support of many, including the player base, but I feel it would be right to restore the mantle of Warchief to an Orc. Durotan would probably make a good leader. I would like to see what Blizzard will do with this though.

Metzen said he would like to see a rotation at the position of Warchief, they also said that the Horde will re-define itself. He even threw around the word democracy so it's safe to assume Vol'jin won't be Warchief forever. And yes to Durotan as Warchief, more like F YES!

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Omg Durotan as Warchief would make me jizz

Nope, Vol'jinn is going to be in the position for a little while. I don't think we'll see expansion rotations of the Horde leadership.

I don't want Durotan. I want DOOMHAMMER.

Vol'jin's going to be there awhile, but he'll probably play a limited role in an expansion about Draenor.

I don't think Durotan would be headed to Azeroth... I mean this isn't a revision of Garrosh from TBC -> Wrath. Also we don't know how his story would go in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan for Warchief!

Friggin Iron Horde invaded Azeroth...

Thanks Vol'Jin!!!

Impeach Vol'Jin!!!

If Vol'jin doesn't remain as Warchief, it will be because they go to a new governmental system. Metzen said that the Horde is in a good place for change, and I agree. This is the time for them to take a serious look at if the position of Warchief is one they want to keep. They could stay where they are, but they could also change to a rotation. Where the leader of each race acts as council, and they take turns in charge. They could start up the first democracy on Azeroth. They could do something like what the Dwarves have. But a change of government is the only way Vol'jin will stop being Warchief.

Metzen said he wants Saurfang to become the Orc leader, so that's unlikely, as if Durotan or whoever became the Warchief they'd have to be the Orc leader as well.

never quite understood the insane desire for an orc to be warchief, especially after what the horde has become. I mean the horde had ogres and trolls in it even back in wc1 +2. It should be someone who is interesting, and thrall has become less so in the recent xpacs. Voljin was the safe option

I was pulling for lorethremar because it would have been an interesting arc of trying to prove to the traditional horde races ( orc, troll and tauren to an extent) that he is worthy of being leader. Might have made for some compelling quests.

Vol'jin will probably be eclipsed by a new Warchief. Probably Grom, Doomhammer or even Saurfang. I doubt he will stay Warchief for long. He has the personality of moldy toast
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-11-11 at 03:19 AM.