Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by einlanzer0 View Post
    Seriously, anyone who is opposed to the squish is an idiot. My fear is actually that they won't take it far enough. Think about it - how much more awesome would the game be if suddenly all of the content from previous expansions became available to do without being completely trivialized by you being so stupidly OP that you can one-shot everything and never even take damage?

It would be so much fun to go back and duo Kara, for example, while retaining some semblance of challenge. Or to organize a small group of 3 or 4 friends to go take out Icecrown.
    Arrogant post.
    MOP heroic content even without determination buffs OR i squish won't be "completely trivialized" in the first 2 tiers of next patch.... In pugs where people are still learning you WILL wipe at least a few times on heroic animus and lei Shen on heroic mode! Just like how Heroic Firelands Ragnaros sometimes wipes some new raid groups who are not familiar with the raid environment in the first tier of MOP.

I LIKE being able to solo old content without the i squish making it harder nor easier. Soloing/duoing is FUN. ICC will be what, 3 expansions old? Why should I NOT be able to solo some expansion content that is that old? The growing power of our characters is part of the fun, being able to overpower very old content while being able to take a small group of in-experienced players into content that's one expansion old.

I hope they apply determination buffs into these instances accordingly in such a way that if you can nuke the illidari council on my 557 i level hunter in 12.6 seconds, AFTER I squish, I will still be able to nuke them down in 12.6 seconds.

ITS NOT FUN KNOWING THAT BEFORE I SQUISH I AM ABLE TO SOLO ICC 25 HEROIC ON MY HUNTER AND AFTER I AM NOT ABLE TO, THAT would feel like a massive nerf bat. I squish DOES NOT AND WILL NOT make old content harder if Blizzard holds true to their goals established at Blizzcon. They will use determination buffs (when needed) to adjust old content so you won't have a harder time before the I squish, that way, your soloing ability is not complicated.

I squish is needed for combat code issues, their code will run into problems if the numbers exceed 2.147 billion, Ren boss the last boss of TOT already experiencing glitches on 25 man because of bumping against this limit, the aesthetics could be corrected by introducing an option under interface settings next to floating combat text "hide digits" in which you can choose how many digits or scientific notations like K or M you want to hide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    you are not an idiot for wanting it
    you would only be an idiot if you threw whiny temper tantrum that you'd never get it, instead of just accepting it like an adult.
    Adults can want things and not get them.
    YOU are the idiot for not being able to tell the bloody difference between personal opinions vs having little knowledge/comprehension.
    Liking or disliking big numbers is a PERSONAL TASTE! I see nothing in his post saying or implying he is throwing a temper tantrum, you obviously have shitty comprehension skills.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2013-11-12 at 01:19 AM.

Seriously, anyone who is opposed to the squish is an idiot. My fear is actually that they won't take it far enough. Think about it - how much more awesome would the game be if suddenly all of the content from previous expansions became available to do without being completely trivialized by you being so stupidly OP that you can one-shot everything and never even take damage?

It would be so much fun to go back and duo Kara, for example, while retaining some semblance of challenge. Or to organize a small group of 3 or 4 friends to go take out Icecrown.
    Run Kara at 90 in lower gear - challenge for you without affecting my ability to crush it. Or make a 70 twink or use the scale down system they are putting in. So many ways to make it interesting if you like it that way but maybe you need Blizzard to do things for you.

They aren't gonna squish back to vanilla numbers cause that would just mess up leveling. They're taking out the unnecessary gear jumps between the xpacs from raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    No, they will be reduced less. You can't simply reduce everything by the same percentage.
    Which is what I thought, so the older stuff will be harder. The number shown are above average wrath era numbers and I don't believe it was easy to solo stuff like TBC raids back then like how it is now. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea if a item squish, but unless they put in some kind of buff in older raids, a lot of people aren't gonna waltz right in to lets sat BT and easily down it like there is no tomorrow. Basically when it comes to old raids, I really don't want to use my brain and just down everything as fast as I can.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-11-12 at 02:16 AM.

Wow, i've quit this game for a year, and I always dreamed for stats squish. Now they are finally delivering it and some idiots are raging over it? I thought this community can't get any more stupid

I had the feeling u r one smart guy/gal, until i stumbled to the line "Seriously, anyone who is opposed to the squish is an idiot", that said the first sentence. Seriously, if u cant accept different opinion without calling others idiot, u r the idiot.

Deleted
    Just as a reminder:

The chart shows an example of a level 90 with itemlevel 530 gear(LFR) being at 30.4k HP, that's at level 90 in an expansion where max level is 100. You still have HP scaling for 10 levels, item level increase by probably 100-150. You will most likely be above 100k HP if not 200k when you ding 100.Imagine in the end patch how much HP you'll have. You'll still have shit loads of HP

Honestly I don't think they squished it enough. If we are going back to 30k health (with current gear) than it's going to be like going from WoTLK to Cata by the time we hit 100. Doesn't that just mean they will have to squish it again after the xpac after WoD? Personally I think they should have at least gone back to BC levels if not max lvl vanilla. I don't want to have to have a squish every expansion or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Just as a reminder:

The chart shows an example of a level 90 with itemlevel 530 gear(LFR) being at 30.4k HP, that's at level 90 in an expansion where max level is 100. You still have HP scaling for 10 levels, item level increase by probably 100-150. You will most likely be above 100k HP if not 200k when you ding 100.Imagine in the end patch how much HP you'll have. You'll still have shit loads of HP
    That would be pretty stupid, don't you think? First squishing everything because the numbers get too large, then next expansion letting numbers go to where they are now already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Which is what I thought, so the older stuff will be harder. The number shown are above average wrath era numbers and I don't believe it was easy to solo stuff like TBC raids back then like how it is now. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea if a item squish, but unless they put in some kind of buff in older raids, a lot of people aren't gonna waltz right in to lets sat BT and easily down it like there is no tomorrow. Basically when it comes to old raids, I really don't want to use my brain and just down everything as fast as I can.
    GC has been considering a buff for old dungeons and raids so you won't notice a massive difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    YOU are the idiot for not being able to tell the bloody difference between personal opinions vs having little knowledge/comprehension.
    Liking or disliking big numbers is a PERSONAL TASTE! I see nothing in his post saying or implying he is throwing a temper tantrum, you obviously have shitty comprehension skills.
    OMG do you even know what the subjunctive mood is?

I said he WOULD BE an idiot IF he WERE to throw a tantrum

i did not say he did, and i did not say he was.

you need to work on your language comprehension skills and shut the fuck up.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    That would be pretty stupid, don't you think? First squishing everything because the numbers get too large, then next expansion letting numbers go to where they are now already.
    It's an aesthetic item squish because people have been crying about how hard it would be on their brains if they had to deal with millions(M) instead of thousands(K). Don't think Blizzard care where the numbers are to be honest, it has no effect on the amount of work they have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Wow, i've quit this game for a year, and I always dreamed for stats squish. Now they are finally delivering it and some idiots are raging over it? I thought this community can't get any more stupid
    Thank you.