Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah it's just like it is with music. Old people like David Gilmour from Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath can't create any decent music. Miley Cyrus, Bieber - the young, the hungry, the passionate are successful because they make the quality products.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a former developer in the game industry I can assure you that there is no correlation between creative talent and age. You have it or you don't, and if you have it, it generally just gets better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    After you work on something for a really long time you start losing passion and enthusiasm. Not only that, if you're 50+ years old you really just wanna retire and enjoy life.

I'm not saying they slack off at work, but I think WoW could benefit more from young and enthusiastic developers. Maybe this is why LoL is so successful, the people who develop LoL are really young.
    What if I told you age doesn't matter? What if I told you that LoL is free, had less gameplay than WoW all together and has a shitty community?
    I don't know what you want to prove with your original post, but it's plain nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Yeah it's just like it is with music. Old people like David Gilmour from Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath can't create any decent music. Miley Cyrus, Bieber - the young, the hungry, the passionate are successful because they make the quality products.
    LOL. It's funny because I actually agreed with this until reading the second half when I realized you were joking. I think it's generally true that David Gilmour hasn't written a decent song in 20 years. There is a stark contrast between progressive rock and game design though.

Sometimes I think Blizzard are too full of themselves, for example one of their lead people who was quoted recently saying something of the sorts "well if you don't like the new models you can always pay 15$ for a change", as if because it's THEM making new models then everyone will be absolutely happy with how their characters' faces transition will go from low polygon to high polygon, and merely suggesting that not everyone will be happy is blasphemy.

I see a lot of arrogant replies in the blue posts too, like someone makes a valid point and they get some dismissive one liner as reply, while other pointless questions especially about things like battle pets and such get these long winded replies which don't say much at all or which try to make it sound like it's such a difficult task for them, I dunno, I don't think that age affects creativity, but it sure does affect one's level of being full of oneself, take it as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanogan View Post
    What if I told you age doesn't matter? What if I told you that LoL is free, had less gameplay than WoW all together and has a shitty community?
    I don't know what you want to prove with your original post, but it's plain nonsense.
    I play LoL and the community is great. Not sure what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    After you work on something for a really long time you start losing passion and enthusiasm. Not only that, if you're 50+ years old you really just wanna retire and enjoy life.
    Steve Jobs.........I think I just killed your argument in 1 name.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think the people who start wow now are too young. And spend too much time with tablets and other wierd stuff!
    *shakes fist*
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I'm not saying they slack off at work, but I think WoW could benefit more from young and enthusiastic developers. Maybe this is why LoL is so successful, the people who develop LoL are really young.
    It's like night and day developing a moba/arts game and an mmo. You have to make a lot more decisions when you create an mmo than just hero balance like you would at riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Steve Jobs.........I think I just killed your argument in 1 name.
    "Here's the Iphone 5...it's an inch bigger than the Iphone 1. Bathe in my magnificence."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post
    "Here's the Iphone 5...it's an inch bigger than the Iphone 1. Bathe in my magnificence."
    You can't really design a better iphone, if you look at the smart phones there really isn't anything new with any new phones, also I was pointing out he didn't lose his passion and enthusiasm.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You can't really design a better iphone, if you look at the smart phones there really isn't anything new with any new phones, also I was pointing out he didn't lose his passion and enthusiasm.
    you can't design a better iphone but you can release a new one every six months at a higher price

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    I'm 51 years old. I think the player-base is too young.
    Word. .

Damn, I guess George R.R. Martin should retire then, he is clearly too old and needs to just retire and enjoy his riches.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    I'm 51 years old. I think the player-base is too young.
    Right, ook you in the dooker is so mature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's their ages. Activision should clean out some of the current team and hire new developers and writers. Someone who gives a shit about what the players think.

Funny, i thought WoW started heading in the direction it has when most of the OLD guys switched to working on Titan...lol

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I don't think it's their ages. Activision should clean out some of the current team and hire new developers and writers. Someone who gives a shit about what the players think.
    They do care what the players think, they just know that when a company does everything the players want it tends to go badly wrong.

Not only that, if you're 50+ years old you really just wanna retire and enjoy life.
    What in the blue hell am I reading?
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Complete bullshit.

If you love your job and you're passionate about it, it'll never get boring.