Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Imagination does not have an age limit.

"The Lord of The Rings" series was written by Tolkien between his late 40's / early 60's.

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!" was written by Dr. Seuss the year before he died at 86 years old.

This thread is null.
    When you make posts like this, you really need a gif of Les Grossman's scene dancing, or when he's saying "Playa....Playa....big ___ playa..."
    It just seals the "no more argument here" deal

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    OT: nope. Stop venting your hate for the game with excuse after excuse, please.
    What's pissing me off is the idea that if someone is 50+ that means all they want to do is retire.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

It's called experience kids.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I don't think it's their ages. Activision should clean out some of the current team and hire new developers and writers. Someone who gives a shit about what the players think.
    Players can't find their own asses with both hands. The last thing they need to do is "listen to the players", except in minor ways.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    They do care what the players think, they just know that when a company does everything the players want it tends to go badly wrong.
    O really, they didn't know that the 5 extra players in heroic guilds would be pissed about being kicked from their raids? They knew, they just don't give a fuck about those players or what happens to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    O really, they didn't know that the 5 extra players in heroic guilds would be pissed about being kicked from their raids? They knew, they just don't give a fuck about those players or what happens to them.
    As I said, caring what the community says doesn't mean giving in to every single demand.

They made the decision to make hardcore raiding streamlined in 20 man because they though it was better for the long term health of the game.

If you want to QQ about Mythic go find one of the other 10000 threads about it

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    After you work on something for a really long time you start losing passion and enthusiasm. Not only that, if you're 50+ years old you really just wanna retire and enjoy life.

I'm not saying they slack off at work, but I think WoW could benefit more from young and enthusiastic developers. Maybe this is why LoL is so successful, the people who develop LoL are really young.
    It's weird, as I get older I want to do more things and know how to do each of them better. In another 15 years I don't expect to finally say "Whelp, I had a good run, but I think it's time to get fat boring and stupid now."

I would've retired at 18 if I had the money to do so ... who the fuck wants to work? Doing stuff you love isn't work.

I think there are too many IMMATURE players, doesn't matter their age.

I'd be more worried if the people developing WoW weren't old enough. I prefer experienced developers who know the game to naive idealists who think their ideas are the Best Thing Ever(tm).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

You'd be surprised about the amount of 'old people' working at the gaming companies. Peter Molyneux for example is 54. He's also 'old'. But he's the one with something you call 'game theory'. There are certain formulas and reasons behind certain game aspects. And I think it's the young people who aren't too interested in those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are only too old if Tolkien was too old to have written about middle earth. It's their world , their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    I play LoL and the community is great. Not sure what you're talking about.
    Flamers, AFKers and trolls almost every single game. I guess you're lucky then, but I'm tired of a troll almost every single game...

Dunno what are you talking about. Blizz devs rock, definitely.

If you think you can make games better than Blizz, please, feel free to try. I'm sure, though, that you have no idea of game design beside "I'll make my character rock and other characters suck".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    After you work on something for a really long time you start losing passion and enthusiasm. Not only that, if you're 50+ years old you really just wanna retire and enjoy life.

I'm not saying they slack off at work, but I think WoW could benefit more from young and enthusiastic developers. Maybe this is why LoL is so successful, the people who develop LoL are really young.
    >.> If it's someone's passion I doubt they get "too old"... Someone who gets burned out on something should move on to other things, but burn out doesn't have an age restriction.

Really now, if someone kid tried to say I was too old to be doing the stuff I enjoy... move along, Jr.

These youngsters weren't exactly the ones who were around to develop the technology for it in the first place, now where they.