Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    You can play WoD right now technically...

    Go play Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 and their respective expansions and you are technically playing WoD story. No need to wait for the xpac.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,471
    Now this is just silly.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire unrealeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SCOTLAND, FREEDOOOM!
    Posts
    469
    Except they are completely different genres for a start.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Renx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    353
    Are you dumb? WoD is an alternate timeline IF the Orcs didn't drink the blood and goes past. The WC games have nothing to do with that.

    Now if you want to learn more about the Warlords and some of the Draenor lore, go a head and play the older WC games.

  5. #5
    but WoD is taking place in an alternate dimension visited through the vehicle of time travel...... essentially.

    so simple time travel back to events of ....
    it's time travel. i don't understand it, you don't understand it.

    things they happen, do other things.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Gerbert the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I put the grammar in Orgrammar
    Posts
    2,447
    hey dummy this exspansion is about altrenate timeline!!on draeni homeland before burning invasion!did you even read anything from blizz?
    "【A Chinese viewpoint on the new version:MOP】
    since we have lived in a world filled with magic and beast and lots of culture,so it is reasonable to let all kinds of culture come into World of Warcraft
    Orc:black people Jazz
    Gorblin:Israel Jews (No offensive,Gorblins are good at making money,that's ture in my eyes)"

  7. #7
    Or we could not care because we didn't play those games and aren't invested in their story. I actually did try WCIII but I was more of an army hoarder and would get annoyed when I'd get wtfpwned by some jerk who'd send a constant stream of scouts in while I was still trying to establish myself. Not fun.

  8. #8
    Can I tell you something?

    1.No need to play WarCraft 3.
    2. You missed Rise of the Horde (book)
    3. The story line is alternate from WarCraft 1-2, ....sure it talks about the old horde but this is all in DRAENOR, WarCraft 1/2 is not in Draenor, playing warcraft 1-3/reading the book might help you know abit more about characters ( + other short stories, unbroken, etc etc.) but the story is entirely different.
    Howay The Lads! Stay strong and get well Jonas Gutierrez, oh Gutierrez, from Beunos Aires, he's Spiderman! He's our superhero playing on the left wearing black and white, he's fucking dynamite, Jonas Gutierrez!

    "You wanna play with ME? ..A brat like you needs to be punished PROPERLY"

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Areto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    750
    Right, what was I expecting, enlightenment?

    Brilliant idea old chap. We should just drop WoW entirely because the stories are already in the Warcraft 1 and 2. There's also the books and comics, so we don't really need to play at all!

  10. #10
    Blademaster AC4 Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    26
    as if you could really fight a super awesome gronn with cannons on his back while riding a turtle in Wacraft II

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    WarCraft 1/2 is not in Draenor
    Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal was on Draenor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AC4 Crusader View Post
    as if you could really fight a super awesome gronn with cannons on his back while riding a turtle in Wacraft II
    Yeah, I must've missed something. I'd much rather have Gronn siege cannons raid Alliance cities than lame ass catapults.

  12. #12
    Technically, this happens before all of those games, so yeah.

  13. #13
    Wanna read LOTR ? Well watch the hobbit instead then ?

    ...Not the same genres, not the same story.
    kthx.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Go play Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 and their respective expansions and you are technically playing WoD story. No need to wait for the xpac.
    You're just making up stuff for threads now, right? Because WoD occurs BEFORE the Orcs become corrupted. If you recall, Warcraft 1 occurred after the Orcs drank Mannoroth's blood and entered Azeroth.

    So, yeah, the whole point of WoD is that Garrosh is trying to prevent Warcraft 1 and 2 from ever happening so he can have a pure, iron Horde.

    I suggest that you stop making threads since you're clearly not capable of coming up with legitimate topics.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    4,207
    Well, to be fair, you don't have your own garrison to build in those games, so it's not quite the same.
    Look! Words!

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,459
    I got my hands on Rise of the Horde and enjoyed it, I did play Warcraft II, and III and its sequel to for the Frozen Throne.
    I am good for now, and I would want to get back into it again sometime.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  17. #17
    Go to wowwiki, look up Draenor, read the lore.

    Boom, you're done.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    troll post is troll.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  19. #19
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,208
    how is warcraft 1-3 = wod? They are completely different stories, completely different type of games... hell in warcraft 1-3 space goats didn't even exist they were just broken in warcraft3 named draenei 0o

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Go play Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 and their respective expansions and you are technically playing WoD story. No need to wait for the xpac.
    I want to play WoD because I can't wait for the new character models, the new zones and their cool high res textures and buildings, because I want to beat new pet battles masters and get new pets. Because I want to experience 90-100. How exactly can I see all these in Warcraft? Facepalm...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •