10+ Year Old Account

Question Retirement within the World of Warcraft

So, I've been thinking long and hard about my in-game retirement. I figure it is time to whittle my character list down to 1 max level toon and settle down on an RP server. With a free 90 coming in the next expansion, I am thinking Gnome, Blood DK, Engineer. Now, my only issue is, which realm has the most outstanding Role Playing? Particularly for Gnomes. I can think of one guild in particular on Wyrmrest Accord, but I am not sure if there are other lower pop RP realms with high quality Gnome RP.

MoonGuard is just not an option. Sorry. The Goldshire and SilverMoon City rep it gained is just a bit much for me to overcome. I would like to end up on a realm not even CRZ'd with them if at all possible. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions, or site recommendations which might help me out? I'd like to roll a gnome now, reserve a name, and then power him up on launch day. I just don't want to have to RP every RP server in the list to find some good Gnomes to retire with. Thanks!

Wait... Your gonna retire and... keep playing? wat? And of all the toons to be your last toon... your pickin a gnome blood dk? /sad face

If you want good gnome lore, I think a DK would be a bad character to go with... Then you wouldn't really be immersed in gnome RP since DKs have basically lost their past identity...

He/She/it is going to "retire" one of his/her/its tooms, is not him/her/it retiring from the game itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Wait... Your gonna retire and... keep playing? wat? And of all the toons to be your last toon... your pickin a gnome blood dk? /sad face
    Basically just means I will keep playing, but it will be nothing hard core. Just casual. I love gnomes, and would have race changed my paladin or druid if they would finally do race/class combo unlocks. But, I need a gnome, with self heals, an occasional pet, who can solo damn near anything, and who looks awesome in plate gear. Blood DK was the natural choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    He is going to "retire" all but one of his toons, is not him retiring from the game itself
    Fixed that for ya

No one will take you seriously as a gnome blood DK. If you have to play Alliance, at least roll a human.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    No one will take you seriously as a gnome blood DK. If you have to play Alliance, at least roll a human.
    Actually, nobody cares about the race of the tank in a raid...

And gnome tanks always look fun specially when they are tanking a boss that is of the size of a building

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    I suppose I could roll a Warrior, I just hate the idea of not having all of the self-heals when trying to solo content. It's pretty much why I love my Guardian Druid and Prot Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I suppose I could roll a Warrior, I just hate the idea of not having all of the self-heals when trying to solo content. It's pretty much why I love my Guardian Druid and Prot Pally.
    Second Wind and Victory Rush heal you more than you're imagining. There is no trouble soloing content as a Prot Warrior (maybe not to the extent of a DK but damn close).