Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Breaking down negative reactions to WoD

GIVE US HOUSING! - *get housing* - I'M SCARED OF HOUSING, WHAT IS THIS OMG THIS IS WOW
    FIX RAIDS - *raids streamlined* - OMG WTF IS THIS HOW DARE THEY MAKE ANY CHANGES EVER, EVEN TO OUR BENEFIT
    GIVE US BACK TBC - *makes Draenor expansion* - SRSLY BLIZZARD "OLD" CONTENT? OMFG THERE GOES MY SUB (continues playing on 11 characters)
    GIVE US UPDATED MODELS ALREADY - *exceeds all expectations with models* - OMG UR GONNA TRY AND SELL THIS TO US AS A FEATURE? WTF GO HOME

This community is so toxic, I wouldn't be surprised if some people around here spat their mother's milk back at them claiming it "wasn't room temperature, b'tch".

I'm going to be so happy enjoying this content in a few months, WoW has never been better. The haters can stay here and out of trade chat ingame please.

This is completely accurate in every way and is definitely worthy of making a new thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    This is completely accurate in every way and is definitely worthy of making a new thread.
    Heck, I can count the number of threads I've actually started on one hand.
    The hysterical haters can spam hundreds of threads in hours asking the same questions, this is just as valid then.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    FIX RAIDS - *raids streamlined* - OMG WTF IS THIS HOW DARE THEY MAKE ANY CHANGES EVER, EVEN TO OUR BENEFIT
    There is certainly a lot of negativity here, but to simply say "everyone who complains about something I'm not complaining about is wrong and should be ashamed" is childish at best.

The reason people are upset about the new raid size, Mythic Mode, is because the vast majority of raiding guilds are 10-man. The new size is a static 20. Virtually no 10-man guild will have even close to 10 people benched already so they'll have to double in size if they want to finish progression and for guilds that are selective about their members and try to stay "close knit" that means a lot of invites to a lot of people they barely know in rapid succession.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

GIVE US HOUSING! - *get housing* - I'M SCARED OF HOUSING, WHAT IS THIS OMG THIS IS WOW
    GIVE US BACK TBC - *makes Draenor expansion* - SRSLY BLIZZARD "OLD" CONTENT? OMFG THERE GOES MY SUB (continues playing on 11 characters)
    GIVE US UPDATED MODELS ALREADY - *exceeds all expectations with models* - OMG UR GONNA TRY AND SELL THIS TO US AS A FEATURE? WTF GO HOME

This community is so toxic, I wouldn't be surprised if some people around here spat their mother's milk back at them claiming it "wasn't room temperature, b'tch".

I'm going to be so happy enjoying this content in a few months, WoW has never been better. The haters can stay here and out of trade chat ingame please.
    Your mistake is thinking that the same people who wanted these things are the same ones having a negative reaction.

Example, Person A thinks updated character models is big enough to be an expansion feature. Person B thinks this is not correct.

Funny how that works, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    There is certainly a lot of negativity here, but to simply say "everyone who complains about something I'm not complaining about is wrong and should be ashamed" is childish at best.

The reason people are upset about the new raid size, Mythic Mode, is because the vast majority of raiding guilds are 10-man. The new size is a static 20. Virtually no 10-man guild will have even close to 10 people benched already so they'll have to double in size if they want to finish progression and for guilds that are selective about their members and try to stay "close knit" that means a lot of invites to a lot of people they barely know in rapid succession.
    I'm aware of the reasons. The fact of the matter is these people would be bitching and moaning no matter if it's 20 man, 15 man, only 25 man, only 10 man. It doesn't matter. They want change, and then can't deal with change. It's hysterical.

I don't know. I would have said the whole "Alliance had to help thrall get married and save the world for an expansion, then we had to sit idly round while Horde had their own civil war for an expansion, which we then joined in getting nothing in return, and NOW we get to have a whole expansion exploring Horde lore and history. WTF Bliz? at least TRY not to show favouritism please!" argument is quite valid.

Even our "ALLIANCE AWASOMES FIST BUMP MOMENT" from the end of Pandaria has directly led on to Garrosh escaping and causing all this Bullshit. IF ONLY WE'D LISTENED TO JESUSTHRALL!!!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

right, so if half the people want something and half the people don't, that makes the community toxic? Riiiiiight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Your mistake is thinking that the same people who wanted these things are the same ones having a negative reaction.

Example, Person A thinks updated character models is big enough to be an expansion feature. Person B thinks this is not correct.

Funny how that works, huh?
    Point is Person A and Person B both wanted character model updates and got them. Person B just had some kind of expectation that was not based on anything ever promised to anyone but in their own head, and is now blaming Blizzard for it.

I find that people who blindly love the game are just as annoying as people who blindly hate the game. EVERYTHING IS SHIT!! posts are just as pointless as EVERYTHING IS GREAT!! posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    right, so if half the people want something and half the people don't, that makes the community toxic? Riiiiiight.
    What exactly do people not want?
    This expansion is delivering on EVERYTHING this communitely SPECIFICALLY has been whining and moaning about for YEARS. Now they get it, and oh look how predictable - bitching and moaning. Being a dev for this game would be a freaking nightmare if you ask me.

You're trying to bring logic into this? For shame!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I find that people who blindly love the game are just as annoying as people who blindly hate the game. EVERYTHING IS SHIT!! posts are just as pointless as EVERYTHING IS GREAT!! posts.
    Not "everything" is great. I still have reservations as to where the actual story is going.
    I think everything we've seen so far is amazing tho and all the features are needed, and long overdue. This is what we've been wanting. Let's enjoy it?

Point is Person A and Person B both wanted character model updates and got them. Person B just had some kind of expectation that was not based on anything ever promised to anyone but in their own head, and is now blaming Blizzard for it.
    I said person B didn't think this feature was big enough to be an expansion headline, not that this person didn't want it.

Hence, having a negative reaction.

OR are people not allowed to have different opinions?

Deleted

I think that the community itself will be its downfall, we often hear of developers struggling with suggestions even in small games, if they don't listen they get
    accused of ignoring the player base (which is fair in some circumstances) if they do then its not what they was after. Payday 2 comes to mind recently, Unfortunatly
    in WoW we have a divide amoung Raiders,PvPers and Casuals and that line wasn't as clear back in Vanilla or Burning crusade, However since Wrath and beyond its become ever more clear, Its a shame but not all suggestion are a good idea, thousands of players may give superb suggestions and have great ideas for the future
    of a game, but another thousand could hands down ruin a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't know. I would have said the whole "Alliance had to help thrall get married and save the world for an expansion, then we had to sit idly round while Horde had their own civil war for an expansion, which we then joined in getting nothing in return, and NOW we get to have a whole expansion exploring Horde lore and history. WTF Bliz? at least TRY not to show favouritism please!" argument is quite valid.

Even our "ALLIANCE AWASOMES FIST BUMP MOMENT" from the end of Pandaria has directly led on to Garrosh escaping and causing all this Bullshit. IF ONLY WE'D LISTENED TO JESUSTHRALL!!!
    Don't start with faction focus please. I don't care. I know many do, and their opinions are valid.
    I personally just enjoy the story regardless which faction is getting more representation.
    Also, Warlords =/= Horde lore. These are the antagonists of Warcraft, not the WoW Horde. But that goes above people's heads.

Deleted
    Its just the fact that there is no new race or new class this expansion and it all seems kind of....empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said person B didn't think this feature was big enough to be an expansion headline, not that this person didn't want it.

Hence, having a negative reaction.

OR are people not allowed to have different opinions?
    Certainly they are. Not talking about opinions.
    Talking about the hysterical "OMG WTF" reactions. Have you SEEN the forum lately?

I don't undestand why some people are so pist because there is not a new class or race. Who cares about that anyway? Its already many enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

Where do you get that "the vast majority of raiding guilds are 10 man"? mythic is the heroic and if you check wow progress right now, there are more 25 heroic kills on garrosh than on 10.

You could be talking about normal, which is true, most normal guilds are 10 man and this change doesnt affect them at all.