The reason I'm strictly against LFR

A simple analogy:

Just like gay marriage violates the sanctity of marriage, LFR violates the "sanctity" of raiding. It's that simple.

Every culture throughout all of recorded history has regarded the family unit as the foundation of their society. This has always been based upon a male and female in some sanctioned union (marriage). Society is dependent upon the family unit (marriage between a male and female) because this is the future generation of society. If the family unit is strong, then the society will have a strong future. For this reason, society has honored and protected marriage, imbuing it with certain privileges.

This also applies to WoW: Family unit = Guilds. Guilds are the foundation of WoW's society. Raiding is dependent upon the family unit. If the family unit is strong, then raiding will have a strong future. For this reason, the players have honored and protected raiding, imbuing it with certain privileges.

LFR devalue the very concept of raiding and family (Guilds.) Gay marriages devalue the very concept of marriage. It's that simple really. Matter of right vs. wrong. There's no middle ground. It's also a matter of morality.

TLDR: LFR is ruining raiding just like gay marriage will ruin marriage.

Casuals are seeking a special right just like homosexuals are seeking a special right. Homosexuals already have the same right to marry the rest of us have-the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. Casuals already have the same right to raid the rest of us have. Limiting marriage to one man and one woman doesn't discriminate on the basis of sex or sexual orientation. Limiting raiding to real raiders doesn't discriminate on the basis of casual playing.

Infracted: Trolling [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-11 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    A simple analogy:

Just like gay marriage violates the sanctity of marriage, LFR violates the "sanctity" of raiding. It's that simple.

Every culture throughout all of recorded history has regarded the family unit as the foundation of their society. This has always been based upon a male and female in some sanctioned union (marriage). Society is dependent upon the family unit (marriage between a male and female) because this is the future generation of society. If the family unit is strong, then the society will have a strong future. For this reason, society has honored and protected marriage, imbuing it with certain privileges.

This also applies to WoW: Family unit = Guilds. Guilds are the foundation of WoW's society. Raiding is dependent upon the family unit. If the family unit is strong, then raiding will have a strong future. For this reason, the players have honored and protected raiding, imbuing it with certain privileges.

LFR devalue the very concept of raiding and family (Guilds.) Gay marriages devalue the very concept of marriage. It's that simple really. Matter of right vs. wrong. There's no middle ground. It's also a matter of morality.

TLDR: LFR is ruining raiding just like gay marriage will ruin marriage.

Casuals are seeking a special right just like homosexuals are seeking a special right. Homosexuals already have the same right to marry the rest of us have-the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. Casuals already have the same right to raid the rest of us have. Limiting marriage to one man and one woman doesn't discriminate on the basis of sex or sexual orientation. Limiting raiding to real raiders doesn't discriminate on the basis of casual playing.
    I hate LFR but this is obviously just bashing gays (my opinion on which is IDGAF).

Inc ban

You're too blunt. It makes it way too obvious.

Next time, be more subtle. This is the internet, and people are going to suspect you're doing it just because you disagree with them, so it takes careful tact to really get people to buy it.

Better luck next time.

Deleted
    A simple analogy:

Release the hounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I hate LFR but this is obviously just bashing gays (my opinion on which is IDGAF).

Inc ban
    It's called satire, Einstein. They have a sale on antennas on amazon now, maybe you should go pick up a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

Inc ban
    This is not a gay bashing thread. This is an analogy to make it easier to understand why LFR is bad for WoW.

Deleted
    This is not a gay bashing thread. This is an analogy to make it easier to understan why LFR is bad for WoW.
    I see. Tell me, what do you think of God ?

This is not a gay bashing thread. This is an analogy to make it easier to understand why LFR is bad for WoW.
    There are honestly 100 different analogies you could have done. It's just sort of...strange...that this one comes to your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you like a side of ban with your ban? Perhaps some ban sauce with the incoming ban combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    I see. Tell me, what do you think of God ?
    What does this have to do with WoW or LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    There are honestly 100 different analogies you could have done. It's just sort of...strange...that this one comes to your mind.
    Well, yeah, sorry but that's what came to my mind and it fits perfectly. But if you can come up with a better one I will gladly edit my thread.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You are either a bad troll, or a crazy person with a mindset from the 17th century.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    What does this have to do with WoW or LFR?
    About as much as gay marriage has to do with wow or lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing as inappropriate, baiting and trolling.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."