Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Official Draenor Map

What does this mean? Outland will be revamped?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

Deleted
    I dunno about that, looks a bit small but who cares WOW panel on now!!

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    I dunno about that, looks a bit small but who cares WOW panel on now!!
    Stuck watching Arena. Restream for me? :P

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hells yes.

I'm so psyched.
    Butts.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot smaller and eh, restricted than I expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping there would be more to the map, seems rather small.

And why is Farahlon not listed? ( thats the netherstorm area). Why is half of it submerged?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

It is largely Outland but the original zones were wildly different in that time period. Seeing monumental structures like black temple and auchindoun before their destruction is going to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post

And why is Farahlon not listed? ( thats the netherstorm area). Why is half of it submerged?
    Because there's an ocean there?

Ner'zhul did kinda blow the planet apart. I'm sure stuff changes just a little when that happens.

10+ Year Old Account

Farahlon ain't a zone. (Well, not one coming at launch, anyway).

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: What new zones will I explore on Draenor?

The expansion sends players to Draenor as it existed before it shattered into the realm World of Warcraft players know as Outland—and while some of the names of these places might be familiar, we’re building them all from scratch for the expansion.

Here’s a breakdown of Draenor’s zones:

• Frostfire Ridge: Across snow-covered wastes and beneath towering volcanoes, heroes of the Frostwolf clan and the Horde unite to repel invaders from their homeland.
    • Shadowmoon Valley: Amid rolling moonlit hills, the draenei at the holy temple of Karabor unite with the Alliance in a desperate fight for survival against the Iron Horde and Shadowmoon clan.
    • Gorgrond: Deep within the desert canyons of Gorgrond, an arsenal of massive siege weapons built by the Blackrock clan is about to be unleashed upon the whole of Draenor.
    • Talador: In the shadow of a besieged Shattrath City, the Auchenai Soulpriests actively seek to safeguard the countless draenei souls inside Auchindoun from a terrible demonic threat.
    • Spires of Arak: At the height of their power, the regal arrakoa plot atop their high peaks, well out of the reach of the brutal Shattered Hand orcs and the wingless outcasts below.
    • Nagrand: Among the fertile hills and outcroppings of Nagrand, the bloodied wolf-riders of the Warsong clan remain a threat not to be trifled with.
    • Tanaan Jungle: Within the overgrown jungle home of the Bleeding Hollow clan, a Dark Portal is under construction . . . and an Iron Horde army makes grim preparations to conquer Azeroth.
    Source
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-11-08 at 08:40 PM.

We'll be going back in time to chase after Garrosh. Pretty obvious imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It is largely Outland but the original zones were wildly different in that time period. Seeing monumental structures like black temple and auchindoun before their destruction is going to be amazing.
    Im happy about that too, but there seems to be alot of differences that dont add up compared to outland lore about what the territories used to be.

For example, Zangarmarsh is half the size it was in BC, and Farahlon isnt even listed on the map, which is rather strange since its obviously visible in the northeast.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the level boost to 90 I can't see them revamping the 60-70 experience like Cataclysm did with 1-60

- - - Updated - - -

Im happy about that too, but there seems to be alot of differences that dont add up compared to outland lore about what the territories used to be.

For example, Zangarmarsh is half the size it was in BC, and Farahlon isnt even listed on the map, which is rather strange since its obviously visible in the northeast.
    Farahlon isn't going to be in at launch. It and the ogre island to the south will be like Thunder Isle/Isle of Giants/Timeless Isle were in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    We'll be going back in time to chase after Garrosh. Pretty obvious imo.
    This reminds me of Carmen Sandiago...

World of Warcraft: Where in Time is Garrosh Hellscream?
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

So Hellfire was a jungle? :O

Hard to imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    A lot smaller and eh, restricted than I expected.
    http://wow.gamepressure.com/map_of_outland.asp

Actually, it's bigger than Outland. If you look, Zangarmarsh is missing, it's the sea above Nagrand. The island in the top right is Farahlon, AKA, Netherstorm. We get two more zones than Outland had - Frostfire Ridge and Spires of Arak.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

*Sees Nagrand*

Oh green Jesus, someone at blizzard watches wowcrendor.

NAGRAND, BEST WOW ZONE EVER.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Farahlon confirmed for a future patch

10+ Year Old Account
    God Draenor looks so awesome.

Deleted
    This is even bigger than Outland. And with the Netherstorm patch it'll probably be the biggest one yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Also keep in mind, not everything is there at launch. Zones will get added.

They just showed us the Frostwolf homeland, and it looks huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowmoon Valley vid rolling. It's always night time there and it has a Blood Elf theme rolling on the background.