Anticipation question

Say I have 5 CPs on my target and 3 Anticipation stacks. I decide to use 1 more SS to get me to the next BG level. RS effect procs and I get 2 more stacks of Anticipation. I use a finisher and I get the 5 stacks of Anticipation as active CPs on my target. Thing is I loose the extra CP from Ruthlessness. Correct?

If that is the case, then do I never go above 3 stacks of Anticipation or the lost CP worths the 1 - boosted from higher level of BG- finisher?

Yes, you lose the ruthlessness proc. As for your question, consider this: a combo point is 20% of a finisher; you pushing a level of bandits guile is at most 10% more damage on a finisher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, but for your second question, 4 should be fine. 1 proc + 4 will just put you back at 5 CP, only 5 AP should actually clip the effect (unless I've missed a broken mechanic), meaning you could still use an ability at 2 even though you might hit 4, without worrying about lost CP.

(edit: excepting under Shadow Blades, as mentioned below)
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-11-12 at 04:57 AM.

You would run what is called a 3+ anticipation cycle (2+ for shadow blades). This means once you are at 3 or more anticipation charges (2 or more for shadow blades) use your finisher.

Sesshou: That combo point is also 2 seconds off shadow blades, adrenaline rush, and killing spree.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Sesshou: That combo point is also 2 seconds off shadow blades, adrenaline rush, and killing spree.
    Very true, but unless I missed something, I figured my 20% vs 10% statement was clear and simple (well, also under his assumption the cp is actually lost).

The CP is indeed lost. All anticipation charges are consumed upon an offensive finisher and the order for combo point addition is ruthlessness > anticipation, so the 5th anticipation point is munched.