Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movie] Is Warcraft film really being released the same day as Star Wars VII?

Nerds dream come true or bad planning?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

What do you mean bad planning, go see both? This isn't picking between two 500 euro consoles.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    What do you mean bad planning, go see both? This isn't picking between two 500 euro consoles.
    That's what the fans will do, and that's what the "richer" might do and the big movie goers, but the fact is that there isn't space for two box office hits the same weeks. Ender's Game sold for 27 million first week and 10 million the second week, with Thor: The Dark World hitting for 86 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will see both but that is just me, and as far as we know either one of the movies release dates may get changed because of a unexpected delay. Even the producers of Star Wars said they don't know if they can meet the deadline since they started after the other dude got canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    I will see both but that is just me, and as far as we know either one of the movies release dates may get changed because of a unexpected delay. Even the producers of Star Wars said they don't know if they can meet the deadline since they started after the other dude got canned.
    Disney was pretty firm about getting it out in 2015, throwing a release date out was a way to show that.

Both will be bad :S

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Nerds dream come true or bad planning?
    On the bright side you will be able to pick any seat you want for the Warcraft movie and even be able to shout and the movie screen without bothering anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I have no idea if Starwars will be bad, but it will make ungodly amounts of money just wiping out everything in the theaters for the next month.

Warcraft will be moved as long as Star Wars can meet that date. There's a lot of rumors Star Wars is not going to be able to meet that date which means it would be pushed back into 2016. We won't know for sure until about a year or so from now.

If it was me I would move Warcraft to 2016 and try to tie it to the expansion after WOD. 2015 is already going to be crowed with so many big movies coming out. In order for a sequel they are going to really need every advantage they can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the WoW movie date changing. Video game films are a huge risk enough. But opening against the new Star Wars, that could be iffy. Or it could be amazing, who knows. But typically studios change the release dates when they know they are up against something that could potentially give them too much competition at the box office. About 2 years away at this point, so who knows. We will have to wait and see.

Deleted
    I'm going to see both, mother always said I was a greedy glutton.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to know how they get the look of the Orcs in real life, I hope they are not grotty looking ones from LOTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I want to know how they get the look of the Orcs in real life, I hope they are not grotty looking ones from LOTR.
    They will look like the ones depicted in Warcraft obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Hudson, the height of optimism and light as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    They'll probably look a lot like the ones in Blizzard cinematics, except more realistic (since the cinematics do have a slight cartoonish exaggeration to them).

Gotta love MMO-champ optimism!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Gotta love MMO-champ optimism!
    No kidding, right.

I bet if they made you watch the other 6 SW movies or play through WC 1, 2, 3, TFT and every WoW expansion before watching the films they'd love it.

Real life attunements FTL.

I highly doubt it will end up that way. And for all the Warcraft fans there might be, Star Wars 7 would rape it in the box office I'm afraid, it would be poor planning on Blizzard's part to do so. That being said I really don't expect much out of either movie. I actually have more faith in the WoW movie not being terrible, but it really depends on how seriously they take the project...but yeah I don't think there has ever been a good game movie and probably never will be if Blizzard can't pull it off. But I think a really awesome WoW movie that appeals to a lot of people that like fantasy could do wonders for bringing new life to their game.

Had this argument before, there has never been a good movie based on a video game.

Had this argument before, there has never been a good movie based on a video game.
    All groundbreaking matters have to deal with "has never been done".
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I want it to do good, just have this feeling it will be bad.

It would be a horrible move by Blizz to release the WoW movie the same week/month as Star Wars 7.

Star Wars has a much larger fan base and as much as I'm a WoW fan, I would definitely go see Star Wars first before the WoW movie.