Exclamation [Meta] Can we see some heavier moderation on this Sub-Forum?

Some of these threads have absolutely no discussion value and argue issues that have already been debunked or addressed by Blizzard. I for one am getting absolutely sick of the stupidity, idiocy and toxicity present in almost literally 50% of all threads made here. I shall list just a few that honestly deserve to be locked on this basis.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...stroy-the-game

The above thread claims item squish will destroy the game and cause unsubscriptions. The OP offers no actual valid points and the thread has devolved into a shit storm with no actual discussion.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-gone-too-far

This thread falsely assumes (for reasons that are beyond me) that the characters posted on the official WoD website will be the only major characters featured in this expansion.

So far, Blizzard, at a time before this thread was made, confirmed the following characters to also feature:

* Thrall's mother and grand mother
    * Yrel (a female draenei joan-of-arc)
    * Garrosh
    * Kairozdormu
    * Zaela

Just to name a few. This thread is utter stupidity at its finest.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...as-a-last-boss

This thread offers a horrible and brief explanation of why Grom may be this expansion's final boss when it was 100% confirmed he wouldn't be.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-travel-means

In this thread, the OP accuses Blizzard of treating the community like children over the topic of whether this is a Time Travel expansion or not. It has been made perfectly clear that whilst time travel is going to be used, it is not at all the theme of this expansion, merely a tool to facilitate progressing the lore.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tical-now-then

The OP makes an unfounded claim that new models will not feature different faces solely on the basis of a few slides shown at Blizzcon.

He ignores the fact that Undead's facial features are a separate option to the face, that other races that have been completed were previewed with different faces AND that beta footage from Blizzcon SHOWS the face option on remade models. Another prime example of stupidity.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...chucking-at-us

One of two threads made by this OP. In this the OP points out a 'huge hole' in WoDs storyline. Unfortunately one that has already been addressed.

Previous Caverns of Time instances involve our timeline, WoD doesn't. Yet the OP, even having acknowledged this, makes a new thread to whinge about it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ch-raid-PLEASE

Despite there being absolutely NO WAY for this expansion to include a Troll Patch, the OP decides he HAS to make a thread asking for us not to get one anyway.

Deleted
    Wait you want moderators lock threads that you disagree with or are negative? Good luck with that..

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Wait you want moderators lock threads that you disagree with or are negative? Good luck with that..
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    Some of these threads have absolutely no discussion value and argue issues that have already been debunked or addressed by Blizzard. I for one am getting absolutely sick of the stupidity, idiocy and toxicity present in almost literally 50% of all threads made here. I shall list just a few that honestly deserve to be locked on this basis.
    Did you even attempt to read the first sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    If a thread is negative but offers a genuine concern AND explanation behind this concern, then it is absolutely fine. It's the lack of constructive posting and discussion that makes these threads worth being locked.

To be fair if they moderated based on idiocy there would be a lot of bans. I'd love a bit more consistency though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree OP. Some of these threads are getting ridiculous. I try to make a legitimate thread about storyline discussion and it gets pushed to the abyss of page 20 in favour of people complaining about shit that already been confirmed to not be in the game.

If they lock those, then maybe they need to delete and ban the posters who repeatedly call other people idiotic, stupid and unfounded because their opinions differ than theirs.

Wouldn't it just make more sense to report threads that are toxic instead of calling them out on another thread? I realize that you're also asking for mods to moderate more, but I'm fairly certain that they're completely aware of the types of threads going on in this sub-forum and are dealing with them as such.

If a thread is negative but offers a genuine concern AND explanation behind this concern, then it is absolutely fine. It's the lack of constructive posting and discussion that makes these threads worth being locked.
    What kind of discussion were you hoping for on this thread? Seems more or less like your original post would function better as a pm to a mod instead of a post.
    Last edited by lopk; 2013-11-12 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    Well, if there is nothing to discuss, then the thread either gets trolled or no replies and gets either locked or pushed off the front page anyway, no? As long as they aren't breaking any rules and people are having fun talking about these things, why does it bother you? Not everything has to be deep and philosophical you know..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatisjuice View Post
    I agree OP. Some of these threads are getting ridiculous. I try to make a legitimate thread about storyline discussion and it gets pushed to the abyss of page 20 in favour of people complaining about shit that already been confirmed to not be in the game.
    well there goes my thread about demon hunters/tinkers/burning legion/darkbelow etc D:. OT: In this forum section its hard enough as it is to find a thread with actual information vs peoples wants and complaints.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think this thread has absolutely no discussion value. Probably should be locked.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite there being absolutely NO WAY for this expansion to include a Troll Patch, the OP decides he HAS to make a thread asking for us not to get one anyway.
    And before this expansion, you would've said that there was NO WAY for this plot to happen. There must always be a Troll patch; they'll find their way into this expansion somehow.

And if any thread should be locked, it's this one.

This seems like a really bad idea.

Deleted
    Well said OP, may I suggest a place for said OP in mod team? Has picked some real stinkers there.

Either way this guy gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally agree. There's a lot of nonsensical threading going on atm, at least half of the topics aren't needed, could be thrown into meta threads or are just flat out wrong and stupid. The amount of threads opened for "time travel is stupid" and "Garrosh final boss again? lolol" is painful.

A bit more moderation would really not hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this from Warlords of Draenor to Suggestions and Feedback where it should have been started in the first place.

My personal take on all of this is that people have opinions, sometimes need to vent a little bit and at the very least put their opinion out there when they are disappointed (or pleased). Personally, do I think the threads on changing Mythic to something other than 20-man are going to change anything? No, I don't but choking off all debate on the subject isn't very useful either.

If you don't find a thread as being relevant to what you want to talk about, don't contribute to it. It will die soon enough.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-12 at 12:54 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Moving this to Suggestions and Feedback where it should have been started in the first place.

My personal take on all of this is that people have opinions, sometimes need to vent a little bit and at the very least put their opinion out there when they are disappointed (or pleased). Personally, do I think the threads on changing Mythic to something other than 20-man are going to change anything? No, I don't but choking off all debate on the subject isn't very useful either.

If you don't find a thread as being relevant to what you want to talk about, don't contribute to it. It will die soon enough.
    Sure, but why not just lock certain threads while pointing out existing discussions going on on the topic? We had that prior to Blizzcon on spoilers for example, why not now for 150 threads on models and raid difficulty?

If something has a discussion value or not is pretty subjective. For example the thread about item squish destroying the game; I don't think there is really any chance of that happening, but it's perfectly fine for the concern to be brought up because I can see how some people could be worried about it especially if they don't really understand what they are doing and just heard about it from someone else.

Trust me... if we started moderating on the basis of "oh this is stupid" you probably still wouldn't be happy because it is possible for two equally intelligent people to disagree on what is "stupid" or "pointless". If you have any concerns about a thread not being worthwhile the best thing you can do is report it, especially right now where everyone is going a bit crazy and it's a bit hard for us to keep up with it all. Another option if you think something is urgent (surprisingly very few things on the internet are actually urgent) it to PM a Global Mod with a link to a thread and an explanation about why you think it should be closed. Though reporting is normally faster unless you make sure to PM someone online at the time.

Anywho, this thread has out lived it's usefulness and I have explained the appropriate channels to go through so I am going to lock it