Thread: H Paragons

H Paragons

Going to start H Paragons pretty soon and am wondering if anybody has any warlock tips that would help with the fight. I want to be prepared as much as possible going in. Any tips are greatly appreciated Thanks!
    Last edited by Mikemo; 2013-11-12 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    Commenting so I can also absorb any knowledge for next week.

Planning on playing destro in order to burst down targets at key times, that's all I got so far.

With soullink, locks work pretty well in the aim soak group - we run rogues+locks+(tank sometimes).
    Make sure you can identify where amber is going to spawn - and understand the other mechanics - reasonable overview

Haven't killed it yet though :P
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-11-12 at 05:32 AM.

I played destro on our kill for this, it doesn't look as good on progression as aff but over the course of the fight you'll do more effective damage (and substantially less worthless padding as say aff or demo) Gosac + sac pact means you have a shield the size of your entire health pool + your health pool to soak every other aim which is better than any other option and you can use ember tap for sketchy situations.

Everything beyond that points gonna be kind of strat based.

GL!

Played demo for this, along with two other locks during our kill, and a fourth lock playing destro. UVLS is awesome for this fight despite the heavy nerf, and the mobility demo has is always useful. As others have stated Sac Pact is excellent, we had four groups of soakers so most of us went DB just to be extra safe as early on we had plenty of deaths to aim.

Other than that don't make the simple mistake of thinking DPSing during whirling/rapid fire is as important as staying alive. Even if you have to go out of range for a few seconds, it's more than worth it over being dead, I should have learned earlier than I did haha...

Deleted
    I sold my UVLS a while back. For Demo I have HC bindings and N BBoY which works out pretty well. I'd welcome the opportunity to play demo here, however.

Would multi dotting doom still be a single target increase? 1 imp pays back for the cast so I'm thinking it would.

Destro does seem like a much better spec here though. Ember tap was my MVP on siegecrafter when kiting the laser during electromagnet, and is generally much easier to auto pilot with on progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I played destro on our kill for this, it doesn't look as good on progression as aff but over the course of the fight you'll do more effective damage (and substantially less worthless padding as say aff or demo) Gosac + sac pact means you have a shield the size of your entire health pool + your health pool to soak every other aim which is better than any other option and you can use ember tap for sketchy situations.

Everything beyond that points gonna be kind of strat based.

GL!

Destro will "look as good" on progression as any of the other specs, and aff doesn't have any worthless padding since nightfall procs were relegated to your most recent corruption only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Destro will "look as good" on progression as any of the other specs, and aff doesn't have any worthless padding since nightfall procs were relegated to your most recent corruption only.
    Aff's opener on short progression pulls, nuff said.

Not taking the argument bait for the other bs, really dude? how bout posting what you think is correct in response for the OP instead of the attack... I'm slowly learning to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Would multi dotting doom still be a single target increase? 1 imp pays back for the cast so I'm thinking it would.
    Very much yes - I run 30% ish crit without procs, much higher on the pull (~90k int from procs/engi/prepot etc).
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-11-14 at 10:45 PM.

With Dark Bargain and Unending resolve you can solo soak aim rather easily.

Personally I'd say overall destro is best for two reasons that don't really involve damage, though I've seen parses of all three doing very competative effective damage:
    - GoSac allowing you to sac a VW for shadow bulwark, pretty big to have extra personal cd in this fight.
    - Ember tap. 333k instant heal (my average) is amazing. There's a lot of unavoidable burst damage you can take in this fight (multishot, diminish, etc).

Deleted
    As a demo you will swim in Demonic Fury whole fight and lots of Molten Core procs. Also mobility and bonus armor from demo form+soullink+passive UR makes you good aim soaker(not solo soak, but with rogues or something). Most of the damage is avoidable, but those that aren't SL+passive UR should be more than enough.

Damage wise its almost impossible to say which spec provides most effective damage. There are few times where good burst is needed like nuking skeer at the beginning before bloods reaches him(tho its possible to keep them stunned for a while) and Korven after he casts his amber.

It's not very highly tuned DPS wise and survivability should be your number one priority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    It's not very highly tuned DPS wise and survivability should be your number one priority.
    There are some pretty specific burn phases (pull, amber and Xaril) and some situations where very fast switching (kuchongs) is very helpful. Anecdotal, but I stuck with destro just to be able to pool embers and burn hard when it is required, regardless of procs.

Fully agree with the second point though - survival #1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Very much yes - I run 30% ish crit without procs, much higher on the pull (skull banner, an extra ~35k int from procs/engi/prepot etc).
    skull banner doesn't give crit though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    skull banner doesn't give crit though :P
    oo, true... my destro is showing.

Deleted
    Had our first night on it today, went ok. We're running 5 locks who are responsible for soaking. You can actually soak it as destro with soul link + GoSac and glyph of eternal resolve, which is quite funny.

Assuming nobody hits you with the sonic ring it's like 2/3's of your hp max.

This always felt a bit sketchy however, and running sac pact you can only soak every other one.

Thinking of going back to affliction for this and running soul link with a pet just to ease the damage a bit from aim.

One question - I noticed Xyronic took Unbound Will. Is this incase of whirling/kunchong or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    One question - I noticed Xyronic took Unbound Will. Is this incase of whirling/kunchong or something?
    That's what I use it for.