Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    You make these claims. 90% in demand based on what. You are guessing. The expansion is the best part of a year away and anyone who has played know that blizzard chop and change, so I wouldnt take what they say as solid until a few months before. People have no idea how profitable a shuffle would be because there are way too many variables. Plucking figures out of mid air seems silly.
    You can quote me on this when WoD hits.

I have JC and enchanting on multiple toons so I'll be very interested to see what they are doing with these before I drop them for something else.

Beta can't come soon enough!

As if when you do change professions to "normal" ones gold will just start falling into your pockets. As if you are selling enchants for every slot right now. Obviously both professions will still be as profitable as you are capable of making them.

You really think that blizard will push out a whole new expansion with all these changes about itemisation and professions and NOT think about how to make all professions viable and forcing you to switch?

Yeah, didnt think so either...
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't change any of my professions right now, but hold off till we know more i.e. the game is in beta. We won't know what kind of demand we are looking at, and what kind of supply we are looking at.

I don't doubt Blizz will keep an eye on things and make sure we are still able to at least make a decent amount of gold with the professions, but it won't be as much as it is now, that's for sure. It's highly likely that the gem/enchant market will be heavily undercut markets, with low-ish turnover, where the person that covers the most of the market and has the most time to relist will be able to make the most gold. Much of this will also depend on how easy it is to get gems. With the same influx of gems as currently + less demand you can imagine prices would drop. My guess is Blizzard will do something about the number of gems you get from prospecting as well, and not just the gems slots on gear, to keep supply and demand more in balance.

All in all though it's becoming more and more attractive to take up Engineering on seriously played toons, since the economic benefits of the 2 most profitable professions is changing, that much is true. I just wouldn't do it quite yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogozjin View Post
    You can quote me on this when WoD hits.
    You arent worth it. Your justification and assumptions are pretty wild. I will wait and see what the position is from Blizzard much closer to the launch of the expansion. Its the same game as it was in vanilla and the basics are the same. Nothing to get excited about. When you come back with soemthing a little more credible or reasoned then you might get some response.

Deleted
    Np. I'm right though. I'd be happy ofc if I was wrong about this, but from the info so far we will see 70-90% decrease in demand for the gem and scroll market.

The main thing here is: gems do not contribute to ilevel.

So say they make 50% gear gemmable, people will have to farm gear 200% more because their non-gem version is worthless.

They won't implement a chance dynamic and then let it have such an influence on looted gear's value.

Gems will be very rare for gear because they do not contribute to ilevel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogozjin View Post
    Np. I'm right though. I'd be happy ofc if I was wrong about this, but from the info so far we will see 70-90% decrease in demand for the gem and scroll market.

The main thing here is: gems do not contribute to ilevel.

So say they make 50% gear gemmable, people will have to farm gear 200% more because their non-gem version is worthless.

They won't implement a chance dynamic and then let it have such an influence on looted gear's value.

Gems will be very rare for gear because they do not contribute to ilevel.
    Nah you are just wildly speculating based on very little about what will happen in a years time, when even Blizz have yet to finalise their plans.
    Servers are different. Perhaps you should ask Blizzard for a job and give them your figures about what will happen. I will just wait and see closer to the time and then adjust my straegy based upon what actually happens.

as if blizzard doesnt do everything half assed, blizz is gonna kill proffesions and the only way to get money is gonna be thru gold sellers.

if blacksmithing keeps the 2 extra sockets it WILL be the best first choice profession since gems will be HUGE.

and they also said they will nerf procs/on use coming from professions like engi gloves/herb haste/lightweave, but better wait for the official unofficial notes.