Page 1 of 2
LastLast

no old talents changed @ Blizzcon?

Tried looking up some photos of whole talent tree, couldn't find any.
    So at Blizzcon 2013 they just gave us level 100 talents and left all old ones unchanged?
    Asking because some of old talents doesn't even work with some Draenor talents in our tree.
    For example Spirit Bond, Fervor*, Blink Strikes, Lynx Rush not working with "With or Without You" -Lone Wolf.
    Last edited by Tokas; 2013-11-11 at 08:10 PM.

WoD Talents

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Asking because some of old talents doesn't even work with some Draenor talents in our tree.
    For example Spirit Bond, Fervor*, Blink Strikes, Lynx Rush not working with "With or Without You" -Lone Wolf.
    As for this part. They might do something like the Warlocks talent. If you use Grim Sac but have the talents(Soul Link or Sac Pac) it does something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post

As for this part. They might do something like the Warlocks talent. If you use Grim Sac but have the talents(Soul Link or Sac Pac) it does something different.
    they'll probably rework the talents before doing something like that. soul link/GoSac are straightforward changes, 20% health instead of 20% transferred damage or sacrificing your health instead of your demons for GoSac. what are you going to do with a talent like blink strikes? allow the hunter to teleport 15yds away from the target every time the auto attack goes off?
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2013-11-11 at 08:26 PM.

They don't seem to have done any passes on that yet, I imagine there will be changes when we start to get actual release candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    what are you going to do with a talent like blink strikes? allow the hunter to teleport 15yds away from the target every time the auto attack goes off?
    Time for imagination to run wild!

Blink Strikes - Whenever your AutoShot Crits - ""Something happens.... stole what I wrote here to make Lynx Rush more Epic""

Spirit Bond - No real change, Passive Heal still Passive.

Fervor - Stays the same? Maybe extends focus longer?

Lynx Rush - Beasts(9 different ones) appears out of the shadows to strike your enemy over 9 seconds. ::: Some really Cool Animation!

Ok, imagination wasn't that wild..

I guess they will change those talents with new ones in the future.
    I think they said they do not like our rotation, well not rotation itself, but our opening with all the cooldowns, and since our talents gives us quite a few more cooldowns to use, do you think they are going to cut it for the next expansion?
    I suppose while they're at our talents, making sure everything works with every talent choice for every spec, this is when and where they should eliminate our ability bloat.
    (I enjoy our rotation, but I think I'm not the only one who hates all those pesky 500 cooldowns! Would rather have 3 strong ones, with 2+ minutes CD, than ~6 abilities on short cd)

It's Alpha... lots is going to happen with just about every single ability/talent in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    It's Alpha... lots is going to happen with just about every single ability/talent in the game.
    there was a slide, I think, saying "don't expect huge class changes", so who knows really.

Drairon's ideas are solid. Other options:

Blink Strike: Your Arcane Shot does XX% more damage, and reduces the cooldown on Disengage by X sec. X Sec cooldown.

Spirit Bond: Agree with Drairon, no need for a change here.

Fervor: Restores focus, and for the next X seconds your Explosive/Aimed shot costs X% less focus.

Lynx Rush: Becomes Lynx Shot, a bleed dot that damages your target over 21 seconds, with damage increasing with each tick (similar to the Agony mechanic for warlocks).

(Note: Not saying my ideas are better, just offering other alternatives to show that they're not that hard to change up)
    *shrug* as was already said, it's Alpha. The focus is on the new stuff right now, they'll tweak the old stuff at least some before it goes into beta.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post

Blink Strike: Your Arcane Shot does XX% more damage, and reduces the cooldown on Disengage by X sec. X Sec cooldown.

Fervor: Restores focus, and for the next X seconds your Explosive/Aimed shot costs X% less focus.

Lynx Rush: Becomes Lynx Shot, a bleed dot that damages your target over 21 seconds, with damage increasing with each tick (similar to the Agony mechanic for warlocks).

(Note: Not saying my ideas are better, just offering other alternatives to show that they're not that hard to change up)
    *shrug* as was already said, it's Alpha. The focus is on the new stuff right now, they'll tweak the old stuff at least some before it goes into beta.
    Not bashing your ideas or anything, ideas are ideas, just want to point out, that your new Lynx Rush gives us yet another CD to use - button bloat.
    Spirit Bond, well at least tooltip change then, since it says "when your pet is active".
    Blink Strike won't work with Bola shot then
    I wish we just get new stuff, not old stuff changed to fit new talents and still feel weird.

Deleted

An extra dot for survival yummy

This I like. Think the one I created would be to bursty(forgot it got nerf'd once before.. lol)

The Bleed DoT would be nice in PvP.... keep rogues out of stealth.

Deleted
    Heavy dot petless hunter...
    Orgasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Heavy dot petless hunter...
    Orgasmic.
    can't argue
    I do like dots, but do not like warlocks, bummer. (and no, can't play priest, when there's just one useful tree and two and I'd never use)

Yes. Make Survival the DoT spec with heavy reliance on DoTs and make ES do something fancy other than just single target damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Yes. Make Survival the DoT spec with heavy reliance on DoTs and make ES do something fancy other than just single target damage.
    Like go back to something like it what it used to be, and back to what it sound likes it would do... EXPLOSIVE Shot, and do AoE Damage?.. Does *10,000* damage split between all targets within 8-10yards? So if only 1 target, still outputs the same damage?

The one thing I do miss about ES is the change to stun.. Loved the RNG aspect of it stunning someone in PvP and saving me... lol

GC already said hawk is being removed as its completely pointless. expect talent changes

Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    Like go back to something like it what it used to be, and back to what it sound likes it would do... EXPLOSIVE Shot, and do AoE Damage?.. Does *10,000* damage split between all targets within 8-10yards? So if only 1 target, still outputs the same damage?

The one thing I do miss about ES is the change to stun.. Loved the RNG aspect of it stunning someone in PvP and saving me... lol
    I mean Explosive shot interacting with DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    there was a slide, I think, saying "don't expect huge class changes", so who knows really.
    This was in regards to the spell upgrades that you receive while leveling, not for the game in general.

Should always check the context before posting stuff like this.