FD says Goblin>Troll

Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight. FD says goblin sims higher than a troll. Is this a flaw or is there someone who Knows this and has ran all of the numbers themselves. Any input would be helpful. My race change is pending as we speak So.... Whats the Deal!

Try some different fight lengths and see if you're getting the same results- chances are it's a specific haste point causing it.

FD is bad with Haste calculations.

Are you using a bow?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    FD is bad with Haste calculations.
    i will listen to this guy, there are certain "plateaus" where FD will incorectly give you a false result. shot shifting i think is called. not sure what it causes the bug but im sure zeherah will apear and explain a bit more whats the deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    i will listen to this guy, there are certain "plateaus" where FD will incorectly give you a false result. shot shifting i think is called. not sure what it causes the bug but im sure zeherah will apear and explain a bit more whats the deal with it
    Well it's mainly due to this scenario:

In 5 minutes, you can fire X amount of auto shots

If your Haste is Y, and you increase it ever-so-slightly(talking like 100-200 rating), then suddenly during those 5 minutes you will fire X+1 Auto shots. Then Haste value dips massively once again until the next time you get another Auto shot in(making it X+2).

This is also more or less the case with Cobra Shot having weird "plateaus" in haste calculations inside FD code.

Shot shifting is generally what I call it- since the site only simulates a single fight to determine ability counts- small differences in haste can sometimes result in your ability use shifting just slightly, but enough that the effect on your damage is magnified out of proportion to what you might see in an actual fight. Getting one extra kill command or explosive shot, or replacing a cobra with an arcane shot will affect your dps results. By trying a few different fight lengths, or adding small amount of haste to custom stats, you can usually see if the wacky result is caused by specific haste points or if it might actually be significant.

If you're ever curious about why you're getting results that don't make sense to you, open two windows side by side, turn on the debug option, then compare the ability use side by side to see where the shots are diverging- that'll usually show you what's going on. Sometimes just looking at the shot counts themselves will be a clue.

Since both goblin and troll have haste racials of different types, that's probably the issue. Also, if you didn't adjust your expertise when you switched to troll, that could be the issue as well.
    Last edited by Zeherah; 2013-11-12 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Are you using a bow?
    What does that have to do with anything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Most likely to see if he's benefiting from the troll racial

Quote Originally Posted by Checkem View Post
    Most likely to see if he's benefiting from the troll racial
    Uh, you can use any ranged weapon for the racial.

Dead Eye Troll Racial
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    Expertise with guns, bows, and crossbows increased by 1%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Uh, you can use any ranged weapon for the racial.

Dead Eye Troll Racial
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    Expertise with guns, bows, and crossbows increased by 1%.
    I wonder if the OP is accounting for the expertise reforge difference between Goblin and Troll as well. Also as people (including the owner of FD) have stated above, FD has some occasional issues with haste. You can always take this to Simcraft and try it there as well.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Use SimCraft, it's more accurate.

Deleted
    FD still has silencing shot among the talents, so yeah.

Thanx guys for all your input. Ill start Using simcraft. And these forums are pretty sick when it comes to Hunter's helpin out one another. So Ill be makin a post asking for some tips Dps wise cause I feel like I could be doing better. And future thanx for all who help me with future posts.

-BowsBeforeHoes

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    FD still has silencing shot among the talents, so yeah.
    Not really significant- when I update the site for patches I focus on things that actually affect dps. Honestly I probably should remove those first 3 talent options since none of them impact your dps in any way. I've updated it though.

Simcraft will definitely give you more accurate results for this sort of thing though if you're comfortable using it.