Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The return of 2h Enh

So since stats will change according to what spec you're in next expansion does that mean 2h axes, maces will have agi on them again? Meaning a return for 2h Enhancement =D? And before any of you say "dead horse" "Oh god not this again" I just have to ask you. What is wrong with it? Why look down and scoff at a little variety in play style? A LOT of us really really miss using 2handers as Enh. Along with Agi on weapons all they would have to do to bring it back is add an alternate to use instead of Lava Lash. Even without the spell I've seen a couple videos of people goofing around in pvp with 2 handers and actually doing pretty well. So I really don't see why it's such a bad thing to ask for when all it does is add a small bit of customization for personal play style.

You won't see a 2h axe with agi. you MIGHT see a 2h mace for druids with agi. Unless they massively rework windfury 2h enhance will stay dead. trust me i want 2h enhance back but blizzard has said it will never be again.

Actually an interesting question. It depends on whether the changing stats applies to weapons as well, not just armor. I don't remember any clarification on it, but let's hope so, cause in the end it's a lot more customization for other classes as well(Mace-Boomkin, Lots more Str polearms, healers with more 1h swords).

Weapons will still keep their stats and not change per spec, so no, this is not the return to 2h Enh.

Edit: This isn't confirmed but they've said that's how they think it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a slide that said jewelry, trinkets, and weapons may remain role-specific (as in, the way they are now), but it's not even alpha yet so good time to encourage them to consider bringing 2h Enhance back!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatypants View Post
    Weapons will still keep their stats and not change per spec, so no, this is not the return to 2h Enh.
    You're right. I believe only armor is changing per spec.

I see no reason not to use it, maybe even just apply it to dungeon/questing weapons.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are too scared of Arcanite Reaper-esque coming back to haunt them in the arse.

For those who weren't present, Enhance Arc Equipped Shamans could literally 1 shot people quite easily with a WF proc. WF scales pretty damn good on a 1H even now... I would CRINGE with a Triple Crit 2H....

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    They are too scared of Arcanite Reaper-esque coming back to haunt them in the arse.

For those who weren't present, Enhance Arc Equipped Shamans could literally 1 shot people quite easily with a WF proc. WF scales pretty damn good on a 1H even now... I would CRINGE with a Triple Crit 2H....
    And instead of just nerfing the damage a little they completely removed it for us. I miss the days of my epic WF crits. I used to just steam roll trough people in BG's lol

Doesn't matter how much Agi a 2h axe or mace has if you can't Stormstrike or Lava Lash.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Doesn't matter how much Agi a 2h axe or mace has if you can't Stormstrike or Lava Lash.
    All they have to do is add 2h equivalent abilities. It wouldn't even be a stretch of resources. It's just 1-2 abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    All they have to do is add 2h equivalent abilities. It wouldn't even be a stretch of resources. It's just 1-2 abilities.
    or just make it do one % of damage with a one hander, another with a two hander, they can do it for daggers vs. other weps for rogues, same thing really
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

i don't see why they can't make it like frost dks.. they have the choice of DW or 2hand

No thank you. I'd prefer they just redesign Enhance into a tanking specialization called "Earthwarden", it'd be much cooler.

Air = Utility (Enhance has barely any, why is it Air?)
    Earth = Defensives (Makes sense for a Earthwarden)
    Fire = Damage (Makes sense for Elemental)
    Water = Healing (Makes sense for Restoration)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    i don't see why they can't make it like frost dks.. they have the choice of DW or 2hand
    If you look at the history of World of Warcraft up from the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King and ending of Mists of Pandaria, most of the abilities the Death Knights and Monks have are abilities that were copied or taken away from us. For example, they deemed Astral Shift too overpowered; two expansions later it comes back as Dematerialize for Monks?

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulBlithe View Post
    No thank you. I'd prefer they just redesign Enhance into a tanking specialization called "Earthwarden", it'd be much cooler.
    No thank you. I'd prefer they just redesign Elemental into a tanking specialization called "Earthwarden", it'd be much cooler.

But neither is going to happen.
    Last edited by Razecog; 2013-11-12 at 08:04 AM.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    You won't see a 2h axe with agi. you MIGHT see a 2h mace for druids with agi.
    Or just pick up a staff with agi and swing it around madly. Bonus points if you're a male draenei like me, awesome swinging animations ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    Better example would be Windwalker Monks. IMO blizzard SHOULD make enhance more like WW monks and allow 2H playstyle, and they should simply tune it like WW's, where DW is a small but significant DPS upgrade, but if you get a 2H agil weapon to drop before you get your 1h's, that would boost your dps early in a tier of raiding due to ilevel.

Frankly there is no real good excuse as to why Enhance is forced into DW. They are really the only DPS class that can equip 2H's that is literally forced into DW'ing (rogues are also forced into DW'ing but can't equip any 2H's).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    monks cant use 2h mace so i wouldnt expect any so i wont expect 2h enhance to make a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    And instead of just nerfing the damage a little they completely removed it for us. I miss the days of my epic WF crits. I used to just steam roll trough people in BG's lol
    You didn't get the memo back in BC, did you? They gave WF an internal CD, because what had been so hilarious hadn't been WF by itself, but the sole fact that each WF-strike has been treated as a whitehit. Therefore every WF-Hit roled for the usual chance on hit to procc WF. WF proccing WF had been the "cool 2H-experience".
    It had still been doable during BC - but had been worse than DW in terms of damage done. Did work to scare those scrubs in their S1-Gear out of the battleground when they encounter a wild T6-Mace-wielding shaman, but other than that, it had been dismal.

Blizzard changed Enh with BC, because Enh during Vanilla had been noncompetitive in terms of reliable damage output and, to top it off: it had been boring as hell.

I would rather vote to reintroduce the AoE-mechanics (and the GCD-capped gameplay) of T9/10 (Patch 3.4 or something like that) than to run around with a slow 2H-mace and wait till the swingtimer finishes. If you like to swing 2Hs, get yourself an Arms-Warrior or a DK.

No and I'm surprised these posts still pop up after years of still not getting it back. I think the answer by now should be plane to see.