Poll: New Class OR One Additional Spec to any three of the existing classes?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question New Class OR One Additional Spec to any three of the existing classes

Hypothetical, not that this would happen, but let's consider the following.

If you were given the choice to vote on Blizzard's website, if you wanted a new class OR to have one spec added to only three of any of the currently existing classes (minus druid). Resulting in 3 pre-existing classes gaining a fourth spec.

Which would you choose?
    What Specs would you hope for?
    What class would you want?

(I figure since a new class has 3 specs, it would be sorta similar adding one spec to 3 existing classes)

Only 3 classes get a 4th spec? lol.

New class. While new specs can be great, they would be unlikely to feel as fresh as a whole new class. It's also not a guarantee that they would add a new role to any existing class (could be a new DPS spec to the pures, for instance).

I'd prefer a new class... but depends on what that class was (i still dont like monks) and what classes were getting the extra spec. It's a pretty broad question

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Don't druids already have four?
    Fuck Druids, man.

Also one new class, new specs for pre-existing classes would throw the balance more than one new class, since that's not just throwing one more class into the mix, it's effecting pre-existing ones.
    Also take Druids spec away.
    They just don't need another god damn spec.
    FUCK DRUIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Don't druids already have four?
    Fuck Druids, man.

Also one new class, new specs for pre-existing classes would throw the balance more than one new class, since that's not just throwing one more class into the mix, it's effecting pre-existing ones.
    Also take Druids spec away.
    They just don't need another god damn spec.
    FUCK DRUIDS.
    You act as though Druid's "fourth" spec added anything meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well I figured, that since a new class would have 3 specs, that adding 3 new specs spread amongst 3 other classes would balance out. even though it doesn't really but a fourth spec to every class that would be like 3 new classes no? I tad unrealistic to happen all at once? IDK just hypothesizing. It kinda seemed logical to me, I guess.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id add spec to Druids Mages and Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    I'd prefer a new class... but depends on what that class was (i still dont like monks) and what classes were getting the extra spec. It's a pretty broad question
    We have mutual feelings towards the monks.

I think there are enough classes already. I'd rather see the 3 specs for 3 classes with the potential for the future development of a 4th spec for the rest of the classes. It'd be fun to have the opportunity to play existing classes in different roles. I'd vote for:
    Paladin: Ranged Shockadin DPS spec
    Warlock: Tank spec
    Hunter: Melee DPS spec

Wouldnt really mind having a new class at all *grin*. But as ive always said to my friends, they should add AT LEAST one more class, to round up the armor types. Cloth (Priest, Mage, Warlock), leather (Druid, Rogue, Monk), mail (Hunter, Shaman, NEW CLASS), and plate (Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin). Ive always had that stuck in my brain that I know well round up the classes with armors *crosses finger*. So lets vote for Tinkers! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
    I think there are enough classes already. I'd rather see the 3 specs for 3 classes with the potential for the future development of a 4th spec for the rest of the classes. It'd be fun to have the opportunity to play existing classes in different roles. I'd vote for:
    Paladin: Ranged Shockadin DPS spec
    Warlock: Tank spec
    Hunter: Melee DPS spec
    Shockadin and Tanking Shaman would be awesome, little bit of a throw back to earlier wow days.

Neither.

Don't even care for Death Knights or Monks, and the specs are fine, the hypothetical specs everyone keeps spouting off are either dumb or nice but impractical thoughts.

I guess I'd go for the three new specs, though not by a wide margin, and pretty flexible on those specs too. Except shock paladin, that's a must.
    shock paladin
    tanking warlock
    tanking priest (super PWS)

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. We don't need more classes/specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Improving QoL on current classes/specs > races/class/4th specs.

Deleted
    I'd prefer new classes than new spects.
    New class looks more spectacular than new spect for 3 new classes But they should add new classes wisely. I would love to see a ranger class...

I voted for neither, but, after thinking a little about it, it would kind of be cool if they gave ALL classes a new spec. (As long as they give us tri-spec or squad-spec for easy switching)

Idea A: Make PvP specs. With balanced CC, CDs and mobility (all the other competitor MMOs have action combat.. It'd be cool seeing more mobility in these PvP specs.. But I have a feeling it would make ranged classes a little too OP).

Idea B: 4th Spec (for each class)

Shaman: (Tank) they can already wield shields and have rockbiter weapon.. It could definitely work. Think of rock elemental abilities..
    Mage: (DPS) Who wouldn't want to see a melee mage?
    Warlock: (Tank) Bring back the Black Temple days with demon warlock tanks
    Druid: No.
    DK: (Healer) mmm dark healing powers..

My mind is starting to draw blanks because I'm so tired.. But.. Eh. Obviously, this won't happen!

15+ Year Old Account
    best poll ever, 3 equal graphs, im more excited about that than the actual question
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me the ability to rogue tank and I will be happy. Make them reliant on dodging/parrying rather than stamina, I would likely rarely do anything but tank. I love rogues, and I would love to play one like a brazen swashbuckler, taunting the opposition while deflecting or dodging every blow.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!