SSD/HDD Recommendations/Help Please?

Hi everybody!

So, I'm planning to upgrade my computer later this year/early next year with my end of the year bonus (I'll probably make a thread around that time asking for upgrade help :P). My computer's old and dying, but I've been babying it along until I have the extra cash. Anyways, due to some random-huge-massive laggy hitchiness that causes everything to slow down to flip-book animation style FPS (which I hadn't had in WoW before but has recently started), I ran some diagnostics on my computer computer -- after a full clean-reinstall of Windows 7 -- I discovered that my HDD is really-really slow; I guess this means I need to buy a HDD now, before I upgrade the rest of everything.

Since I want to upgrade the whole computer in December or January, but I need to buy a new HDD now, I want a HDD that won't be dated then, and which will last me 2-3 years. I don't know if it makes a difference, but all I really play on my desktop is WoW (and sometimes the very occasional Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, or Arcanum nostalgia revisits).

Anyhoo, from lurking the computing forms for awhile, I know that SSD's paired with a larger HDD are now the way to go. I was wondering if you kind folks could assist me with a SSD/HDD combo on a relatively tight budget; tight budget since...well...I wasn't planning to upgrade until I had the bonus.

Thanks computer knowledgeable people!

<3
    Last edited by Catrpillar; 2013-11-11 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($174.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.94 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $234.93
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-11 19:13 EST-0500)

If you're budget is really tight 120GB will do but I highly recommend 250GB so you don't have to micromanage everything:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($98.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.94 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $158.93
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-11 19:16 EST-0500)

Thank you for your help! I ordered the 250GB SSD and the HDD.

Deleted
    Awesome, congrats you will not be disappointed.