Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dremnit View Post
    wait why are they removing parry and dodge? next thing you know they'll turn crit chance into a stat where you crit every x number of attacks
    IIRC, it's not being removed entirely - simply being removed as gear stats, because as gear stats they kinda sucked and few tanks wanted them anyway. Active mitigation worked out a lot better than passive mitigation stats on gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Good Q&A and good to know we're going to see more 5-mans again

*The devs will try to reduce the economic impact that the Enchanting and Jewelcrafting changes will make. Enchanting might be able to make some weapons or offhands. Jewelcrafters might be able to make some trinkets or other things to sell.*

Ah come on. It didn't work with tailoring...so why should it work with other professions? I mean most of the stuff you can tailor are outdated after the second or third week and usually need three weeks to even get the mats(or pay much money to build them faster which results in prices that nobody wants to pay just to get an advantage for a week). The only 2 things that really work are the spellthreads(which are essentially enchants) and bags. So giving jewelcrafters and enchanters weapons and offhands will not compensate anything...and especially enchanting is not a way to get rich anymore(too many mats in the game and too many people have that profession cause it's one of the classics) anyway.

What's with the obsession with changing your character after the new models are added? Your character is going to look exactly the same, only with a higher resolution. There's no difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    Is sexism the new race card? Oh no they didn't put enough females in the story yet sexism. Get over it.

I demand at least 5% homosexuals in that expansion. Alternatively blizz could just admitt that paladins and elves are gay by nature. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Wait so when you boost a character their abilities are going to become locked till you complete quests? Thats a terrible idea, specially on a pvp realm.
    They have said clearly it will be like the DK starting zone which means instanced. No PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    This dev interview had a lot of arbitrary and contradictory moments, which is sadly what I come to expect from Blizz.

Hit didn't feel like a bonus, so they're taking it away and replacing it with stuff like Cleave and Lifedrain. Apparently Dodge and Parry didn't feel like bonuses either, so they're taking those away and replacing them with... Armor.

They're working on quivers. I remember when my hunter had a quiver that displayed. Two steps back, one step forward.

We're not going to get a commitment to a free recustomization because they'll burn in hell before admitting that anyone might not like the character redesign.

Garrisons and QoL changes are content. And the model update is a "new race".

"Historically the clan chiefs are all male" - so when it comes to gender, fictional history and the WoW canon is really important to Blizz. "Please share your real time travel with the rest of us." But when is comes to their precious plot device, fictional history and the WoW canon can be cheerfully jettisoned.

And, of course, we have to get the now-expected, "our time travel isn't time travel!" line; "First, it's not a story of time travel. It's a story of Draenor. There's not moment where you've disrupted the space/time continuum." Seriously, has Kotick threatened to shoot their dogs if they admit their core plot device is time travel?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I demand at least 5% homosexuals in that expansion. Alternatively blizz could just admitt that paladins and elves are gay by nature. ;-)
    I'd settle for one gay or lesbian character anywhere in WoW. (To the best of my knowledge, none exist. I'd be happy to be shown otherwise.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    What's with the obsession with changing your character after the new models are added? Your character is going to look exactly the same, only with a higher resolution. There's no difference at all.
    Then there should be no objection to offering a free recustomization for a limited time, because hardly anyone will use them.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by solitha View Post
    GC has said he feels flight was a mistake. However, that bird's flown the coop, so to speak. As to whether they can design content that works with flying mounts... do you not recall the birds around Halfhill used to be aggressive? Do you not recall Skettis, or the Skyguard and Ogri'la questing areas in Blade's Edge, or the black dragonflight infesting the Twilight Highlands? The problem, I think, is that to make the world as dangerous as they want it to feel, the air would have to be pretty much seething with aggressive creatures flying at various levels all the way up to the flight ceiling. The framerate impact would be truly ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmaroc View Post
    Well they are listening to the people the amount of people that complain about immersion. If you can just fly over everything then you're just focused on the sky and your destination. People didn't choose to use the ground mounts because as you know convenience trumps immersion when you get the choice.
    I get it. I was being unnecessarily harsh, I guess. It just irritates me that we go through this same song-and-dance every expansion, whereby Blizz creates a ground-based leveling experience that prohibits flying, rather than trying to integrate flying into the leveling process. Personally, I hate leveling: it's the part of the game I find most tedious, most time-consuming, and most annoying. So, I typically want to get it done as quickly as possible. I could get it done more quickly if I could fly, but every expansion, I'm relegated back to my ground mount. Now I'm being told I might not even be able to fly until the first post-expansion patch? That's really frustrating.

Deleted
    Swaps are one tool, along with just tanking different things, but we want to be able to have one boss fights as well. (Source)
    We no longer do saber lash-style damage soaking, which tanks as a group were pretty down on.
    And what was wrong with saber lash? At least there'd be more variety if they used both (and even *gasp* inventing new ways of having 2-tank fights), instead of being lazy and have every boss being "taunt at X stacks or take 10000% more dmg from the next hit". But then again, the cynical side of me says they also do it to prevent the bosses from being soloed in future.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    And, of course, we have to get the now-expected, "our time travel isn't time travel!" line; "First, it's not a story of time travel. It's a story of Draenor. There's not moment where you've disrupted the space/time continuum." Seriously, has Kotick threatened to shoot their dogs if they admit their core plot device is time travel?
    Yeah, this sort of cracks me up. Just because Blizz doesn't want it to be a story "about time travel" doesn't mean it isn't ACTUALLY a story about time travel. I mean, what other explanation is there? We're going BACK IN TIME to pre-WC1 Draenor. Blizz can try to downplay that aspect of the expansion all they want, but that's ultimately what's happening.

i think its like the situation in "Fringe". Walter (Garrosh) goes to a parallel universe where the orcs havent drank the blood of Manoroth yet (past) and thanks to this, both worlds (universes) are kind of bound together. The collision is comming near where both worlds collide (maybe when garrosh goes trough the dark portal?) and we have to stop garrosh to prevend the collision.

and when we brought peace to Draenor maybe we will return to Azeroth trough the dark portal und combine the 2 worlds and the dark portal then works as a bridge, like the machine in Fringe, that createt a place where both universes could exist without destroying each other.

and of course, since all the fighting is taking place in Draenor, there are no changes @ Azeroth.
    Last edited by Monstafish2k; 2013-11-12 at 03:23 PM.

What exactly was asked/answered concerning the character re-customization? Like, links to it or direct quotes if possible. I didn't see this happen anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by a_geek_tragedy View Post
    Sigh. Another expansion where we can't fly until max level--or, in this case, even after that. Blizz should just come out and admit that flying mounts were a huge mistake and remove them. I love my 200+ flying mounts, but it is absolutely absurd that I cannot use them during the entire leveling process of each expansion because Blizz is unable to design content that works with flying mounts.
    GC has already said that multiple times. Flying was a mistake.

I honestly don´t see what the big deal is. I enjoyed Isle of Thunder, Dino Island and timeless island without flying. For main pandaland, I usually use flightpaths anyway so I can take a pee break LOL.

The real ´problem´ Blizzard has with this is something you pointed out. So many rewards and even cash-shop items are items you can´t really use. Sure, you can ride a drake as a ground mount, but it looks silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amithyst View Post
    What exactly was asked/answered concerning the character re-customization? Like, links to it or direct quotes if possible. I didn't see this happen anywhere.
    Must be hiding under a rock, read the forums here and the official forums, theres posts all over.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

This is a first for me. I'm not even remotely excited about this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    you got male belfs, arnt that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'd settle for one gay or lesbian character anywhere in WoW. (To the best of my knowledge, none exist. I'd be happy to be shown otherwise.)
    i've ran into three instances where there seems to be a lesbian relationship, with one being a lesbian action that gets rejected.

there's the night elf sentinel in dragonblight, trying to flirt with another female sentinel. i'm not sure if this is just joking or actual flirting, the night elf she does it at seems to get very flustered.

there's a dwarf female and human female who share the same last name in the shrine of seven stars, they stand and talk and seemingly flirt. the dwarf has stockton as her last name, which is a human last name. so you can get from that they're probably married. they could be sisters in law, but they seem to flirt and do /shy emotes at each other.

the next one never struck me as lesbian, but there's the two in arathi highlands, i think one is named kinelory. i remember the quest, and it just doesn't give me a vibe like they're romantically involved, but a multitude of other people seem to get that vibe.

honestly, i'm bisexual and i really don't think there should be glaringly homosexual characters, or it's just gonna feel forced. the way blizz seems to be doing it now is ok, there could be more to it, so you really know for sure they're gay, but nothing super extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Wait so when you boost a character their abilities are going to become locked till you complete quests? Thats a terrible idea, specially on a pvp realm.
    But you're not gonna be out in the world, you'll be in a DK-like thing they said. And it's a great idea. If you boost a level 1 character to 90 you presumably have no idea how the class works and you'll be overwhelmed with spells and passives.

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching the Blizzcon panels my wife asked me the following: "Are we going to get a heroic scenario where we discover the secret location Blizzard has hidden all of their female lead characters so we can liberate them?"
    That was amazing. I snort laughed

Quote Originally Posted by a_geek_tragedy View Post
    Sigh. Another expansion where we can't fly until max level--or, in this case, even after that. Blizz should just come out and admit that flying mounts were a huge mistake and remove them. I love my 200+ flying mounts, but it is absolutely absurd that I cannot use them during the entire leveling process of each expansion because Blizz is unable to design content that works with flying mounts.
    What is sad is that fact you can't deal with not having a flying mount for a while....It is absolutely pathetic that you even bother to complain about this. I used the flying tome from WotLK on a single alt and absolutely hated what it did to the leveling experience. It literally turned into flying dive bombs for quest items and mobs. It was boring as fuck and had absolutely no appeal. I also found it did not actually speed leveling up at all...it actually hindered it imo. Also, if you remember to back when flying mounts were introduced. They told us plain out that we should not expect to use them ALL the time.