Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    This is a first for me. I'm not even remotely excited about this expansion.
    You are not alone in that.

  2. #42
    Post to see the comments?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracbane View Post
    What is sad is that fact you can't deal with not having a flying mount for a while....It is absolutely pathetic that you even bother to complain about this. I used the flying tome from WotLK on a single alt and absolutely hated what it did to the leveling experience. It literally turned into flying dive bombs for quest items and mobs. It was boring as fuck and had absolutely no appeal. I also found it did not actually speed leveling up at all...it actually hindered it imo. Also, if you remember to back when flying mounts were introduced. They told us plain out that we should not expect to use them ALL the time.
    We're coming from the same place on this issue, though. Setting aside the insults, your argument is essentially that you think flying hurts the leveling experience; you found it "boring as fuck" and that it had "absolutely no appeal." But I feel the same way when I'm forced to use only ground mounts for the entire leveling experience (potentially even until the first patch). I'd suggest that WotLK handled flying mounts really well. We couldn't use them for most of the leveling experience, but we could for the last two zones.

    I also don't see how their statement that we should not expect to use flying mounts all the time helps your argument. I don't expect to use them all the time. Hell, I haven't been able to use them in the last three zones that they added this expansion (Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, and Timeless Isle). And that's fine, I don't expect that I'll be able to fly everywhere. But what's irritating to me is that every expansion we go through this same thing: disabling flying for an entire continent, for the entire leveling process, because Blizz wants us to be "immersed."

  4. #44
    More hires means more 5-man dungeons (hopefully throughout the expansion).

    Looking forward to it.

  5. #45
    "Sound shouldn't be annoying, which is part of reasoning for the new Hunter weapon sounds."

    So... Worgen sniff is going away I hope, and the F***ing toy train?

  6. #46
    After watching the Blizzcon panels my wife asked me the following: "Are we going to get a heroic scenario where we discover the secret location Blizzard has hidden all of their female lead characters so we can liberate them?"

    Take that shit to tumblr jesus christ.

  7. #47
    Does anybody feel like a lot of wow players are whiny children? lol Seriously, reading through people's discussions with blue posts is like listening to a 10 year old not getting his way. One that sticks in my mind is someone complaining about how the expansion doesn't seem to offer much because there wasn't much presented at blizzcon. Perhaps it's all going to be revealed over the course of the expansion. That would be like a movie trailer telling you everything that happens in the movie. There's little point to see the movie now. Why are people so whiny? "Blizz isn't doing what 'I' want so this must be bad development and this must be a bad game!!! *POUT*" It's sad when adults act like children.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'd settle for one gay or lesbian character anywhere in WoW. (To the best of my knowledge, none exist. I'd be happy to be shown otherwise.)
    There's a lesbian Pandaren in one of the Steamy Romance Novels that also appears in the actual game as the stable master at the Tavern in the Mists.

    Quote Originally Posted by a_geek_tragedy View Post
    Yeah, this sort of cracks me up. Just because Blizz doesn't want it to be a story "about time travel" doesn't mean it isn't ACTUALLY a story about time travel. I mean, what other explanation is there? We're going BACK IN TIME to pre-WC1 Draenor. Blizz can try to downplay that aspect of the expansion all they want, but that's ultimately what's happening.
    Their point is that this isn't a go back and change the past storyline where we have to stop Garrosh from marrying our mom or we'll fade out of existence. We are going to the past, but it's a different one from our own.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    Is sexism the new race card? Oh no they didn't put enough females in the story yet sexism. Get over it.
    Let me take a wild guess: You're a man, not a woman, right?

    I know it may be traumatic for you, but most women, and many men, would like to have more female characters in the story. Get over it.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    After watching the Blizzcon panels my wife asked me the following: "Are we going to get a heroic scenario where we discover the secret location Blizzard has hidden all of their female lead characters so we can liberate them?"

    Take that shit to tumblr jesus christ.
    Yes, this exactly. Omgosh....and if she must complain that much, I would point to Jaina and Sylvannas. Discussion over.

  11. #51
    Brewmaster stabetha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    middle of the desert U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Let me take a wild guess: You're a man, not a woman, right?

    I know it may be traumatic for you, but most women, and many men, would like to have more female characters in the story. Get over it.
    Actually most women and many men think it's ridiculous to get your panties in a twist over whether or not the pixels on the screen are shaped like tits. it's the girls and boys that care.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2013-11-12 at 05:34 PM.

  12. #52
    If they are going that way with JC making trinkets, it, and along with other craftables from other professions, need to be updated every major patch or it just becomes obsolete, adding the new gloves and legs with SoO is a perfect example of this, and epic gems used to be a good example of it for JC but they didn't use epic gems this xpac.

    This is less of an issue for enchanting because the best enchants generally last the entire expansion, depends how they change them though, they could screw it up or make it better than ever before, have to see.

    Also, we have had tons of female lore figures and major npcs, not in this expansion as much sure, and the villains are overall male, it's not like we've never had any female involvement, but I agree it would be nice to see more, be it bosses or major story lines, remember it's WARcraft, a war game, women are far behind men in historical significance during War be it real life or in just about every game you can imagine, that's just society not Blizzard.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-11-12 at 05:30 PM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Let me take a wild guess: You're a man, not a woman, right?

    I know it may be traumatic for you, but most women, and many men, would like to have more female characters in the story. Get over it.
    No, this is just being picky and whiny. But you can pretend you have valid points if you like. I'm ok with that. This is as silly as someone making a fruit salad and someone else complaining because they put more apples than blue berries in it. And then they say "there should be equal amounts of both!".

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachsophone View Post
    No, this is just being picky and whiny. But you can pretend you have valid points if you like. I'm ok with that. This is as silly as someone making a fruit salad and someone else complaining because they put more apples than blue berries in it. And then they say "there should be equal amounts of both!".
    The problem is that EVERYBODY makes fruit salad with more apples than blueberries and then is shocked when people say that they'd like something with more blueberries. They protest, "But this is the way fruit salad has always been made! This is the way it's SUPPOSED to be made!" They never consider that many people are sick of the same apple-focused fruit salad that has been served to them for centuries and would like something with more blueberries for a change.

  15. #55
    The Patient Taiknee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Over thadda way
    Posts
    304
    If you have a 90 of that class already, it definitely should not lock your spells.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Let me take a wild guess: You're a man, not a woman, right?

    I know it may be traumatic for you, but most women, and many men, would like to have more female characters in the story. Get over it.
    Personally I'd prefer to have more well written characters, and focus on existing characters that have been pushed to the side currently. Rather than shoehorning in more female characters solely for the sake of diversity, quality over quantity ya know. On that note it would be nice to see Aggra, since she's a shaman from Nagrand she'd likely be interested in visiting it before the planet blew up, maybe try to find a way to help her own version's elements from the experience. Also would be nice if they'd stop putting off the inevitable Sylvanas story.

  17. #57
    The WoW community is so comedy. Never happy if it isn't one thing it is something else. Other day it was instant 90s OMG OMG now it is female characters AH OMG!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Krizak View Post
    The problem is that EVERYBODY makes fruit salad with more apples than blueberries and then is shocked when people say that they'd like something with more blueberries. They protest, "But this is the way fruit salad has always been made! This is the way it's SUPPOSED to be made!" They never consider that many people are sick of the same apple-focused fruit salad that has been served to them for centuries and would like something with more blueberries for a change.
    You took a silly analogy, and made a sillier argument. But to go along with that, just because you prefer a blue-berry focused fruit salad doesn't mean everyone should. Perhaps blizzard feels their story works better with predominantly male characters. Perhaps you don't, but that difference doesn't mean Blizzard is sexist lol. That's just a silly accusation. it's like crying wolf, the more people complain, the more the world "gets used to hearing it" and it becomes white noise that people tune out.

  19. #59
    What is with the guy on the right hand side of the last picture from the blizzcon pictures? :P

    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...blizzcon14.jpg

  20. #60
    He's cosplaying as That Which Has No Life from the South Park episode "Make Love Not Warcraft"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •