Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    haha i remember when i beg for gold in vanilla :P my 40% mount ;3

15+ Year Old Account
    yep both on my orc warrior and my undead warlock, though as a warlock it wasn´t all that expensive, at least the nonepic mount, the pic ones were either expensive or a pain in the ass

i remember also being one of the first few players having a flight mount, it was awesome, because pretty much everyone else was at least 1 lvl away from hitting 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    it was magical, mounts were like... WOW...almost every rpg i had played before hen you were constantly on foot, sure some of the NPCs had mounts, but not the players

Then I came to world of warcraft, I remember the feeling I got when I saw the first player on a mount -- I was like WOW this is soooo cool, then the feeling of amazement and achievemnt when I got my first horse. it felt magical.

Back then, one would only dream about a flying mount, taking a taxi was special, and I woul d be like wow what if I could actually fly... i remember rolling a druid simply cos I thought I would be able to turn into a raven like the druids of the talon in warcrat 3, and rememering wondering why at least a druid couldn't fly. Then TBC hit, and I tell you, flying was one of the most exciting things to hit.

It's kind of amazing how they've allowed all the special things in wow to not feel special anymore .. sure eveyrone wants and the temptation is to please them by making it easier to get, but doing so really devalues the thing,and to be honest you keep losing the things that make you special beacuse they're trivial.

YES!!
    I am not sure about "make you special" I'd say give you a sense that you accomplished something.
    But now people think because they paid their 49.99 that they should be able to play an hour or maybe two per week and see all the same content and have all the same gear as people who put effort into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vividly remember it, as a Tauren Druid, I hated kodos, my friend had a kodo so I knew I hated them, so I grinded Exalted with Orgrimmar for the Timber Wolf. I was level 49 by that time, but I had travel form to mitigate some of the speed issues. (this was in approximately march 2007).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    [/B]But now people think because they paid their 49.99 that they should be able to play an hour or maybe two per week and see all the same content and have all the same gear as people who put effort into it.
    That just isn't true. There is a vast difference between wanting to be able to have some fun in the game and experience some meaningful content and wanting to have the same experience as people who put effort into it.

In the case of mounts, you don't want to have to grind for hours to get it on every alt. The awesome experience and sense of satisfaction was awesome on your first toon, sure, but once you have done that once, you want it to be a lot easier for other alts. And it's not like this game is short on other stuff to do....

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    it was magical, mounts were like... WOW...almost every rpg i had played before hen you were constantly on foot, sure some of the NPCs had mounts, but not the players

Then I came to world of warcraft, I remember the feeling I got when I saw the first player on a mount -- I was like WOW this is soooo cool, then the feeling of amazement and achievemnt when I got my first horse. it felt magical.

Back then, one would only dream about a flying mount, taking a taxi was special, and I woul d be like wow what if I could actually fly... i remember rolling a druid simply cos I thought I would be able to turn into a raven like the druids of the talon in warcrat 3, and rememering wondering why at least a druid couldn't fly. Then TBC hit, and I tell you, flying was one of the most exciting things to hit.

It's kind of amazing how they've allowed all the special things in wow to not feel special anymore .. sure eveyrone wants and the temptation is to please them by making it easier to get, but doing so really devalues the thing,and to be honest you keep losing the things that make you special beacuse they're trivial.
    I actually have a picture of me riding my first 60% mount somewhere, I remember it very well. BGS and Mounts didn't come out for a very long time after release, I remember when I first heard about the mounts I was so happy, and completely elated when I got mine. Brown bridal horse, then they added epic ground mounts, then flying mounts in bc with ones that went slower than ground mounts on ground but 100% in air, and epic flyers that did 100% on ground and faster in air... good times lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a Night Elf Hunter, on Archimonde - just got my 60% mount at around 45, did my first ever "raid" on Crossroads with a few IRL friends. Was amazing fun. Always loved Nightsabers.