Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    They where already developing WotLK before TBC was released..
    And MoP was in the works before we killed the Lich King.

Wait so you are telling me that a developer starts developing the next game when they are done with the first one? /sarcasm

Do you realize that this is most of these people at blizzards day to day jobs ... right? This is nothing new, even if it was a 10 year development cycle they would still start up right after the previous expansion.

Downtime would be bad for business and just plain useless.

I wouldn't mind if they made every expac roughly 12-15 months long, with each tier lasting 4-5 months. I enjoy the change of pace and new lore/story.

With the WoW team increasing in size by 40% and 40% again I don't think it'll be too far off that in future

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Are you seriously complaining that they are going to release content too fast? There's no pleasing this fanbase :P
    It's sad that people try to turn every comment they don't agree with into some flat black or white issue.

The OP is concerned that a rush to push out new expansions will lower the overall quality of each expansion; that we as subscribers will be getting lower quality content overall, while still expected to pay the same fee for each expansion and the same fee for our subscription to the game itself. It's a perfectly valid concern, and Blizzard has been under pressure for years to push expansions out at a faster pace (both from investors and their subscribers).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    What I want is the time to play this game, enjoy it. Complete content. And maybe go for a hike or take a Saturday not do try to keep up with the cracked out insane pace of this game. 5 farms daily, Flex, 4x 3 hour raid nights, and I'm still behind. Not to mention all the content I've been trying to find time to complete from prior patches, expansions, etc.
    Or, it could be that the way you play the game doesn't suit your lifestyle. 5 farms every day? That is your choice. I play that many alts and don't do 5 farms a day. Blizzard didn't make you do that. Additionally, raiding so much is completely on you. I try to complete each LFR wing every week plus some flex with my guild, but I usually don't feel like it. You know what I do then? Whatever I want. This also includes going to Ren Faires, doing random things with my wife, etc.
    BAD WOLF

Old news, they're ALWAYS developing years ahead. "Development" doesn't mean they've building it. They might just be doing concept art, story writing, etc.

They have been saying that since Cata.

Possibly just in concept.

I don't really think the art team is free enough to flesh out the continents already cause of the work they need to put on patch zones and probably unfinished zones in Draenor like Tanaan Jungle which they didnt preview or maybe Nagrand to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised it would already "be in development," although that could also be little more than being in discussions over ideas and creating concept art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's good news. The sooner we get to the next expansion, the sooner we get out the orc sausage factory that is Dreanor.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The only thing that worries me about this kind of parallel development is that they are making the next expansion without getting feedback from the previous. What if people really hate Garrisons? What if they start to develop several core features for the next expansion based on the assumption that Garrisons were well received. Replace Garrisons with any new feature and you get the general idea. If things don't pan out then instead of them learning that, they will have to backtrack and that takes time.

they announced years ago their goal was 1 expac every 1.5 years, they have yet to do that. looks like they are aiming for that this time, since they already said 'no more patches' until xpac. MoP is done, and current content won't last long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    The only thing that worries me about this kind of parallel development is that they are making the next expansion without getting feedback from the previous. What if people really hate Garrisons? What if they start to develop several core features for the next expansion based on the assumption that Garrisons were well received. Replace Garrisons with any new feature and you get the general idea. If things don't pan out then instead of them learning that, they will have to backtrack and that takes time.
    I'm sure they would be more working on zones/races/classes etc, things that are irrelevant to the other new features that only require man time and tweaks.

Deleted
    Are you seriously complaining that they are going to release content too fast? There's no pleasing this fanbase :P
    What isn't pleasing? I don't see him being unpleased. But there's a huge argument in his statement, which is also true: Releasing it fast is no bad thing and it's totally fine for everyone I guess? But it's not going to be worth it IF the Content isn't living up to the other expansions. If that's not the case and the Content is still evolving while they pump out an Expansion every year: Hell yeah, I'd love that. They just shouldn't do things too fast if there's the risk that the Gameplay is going to suck.

Why is this a problem? I am all for big game changing features, and in development most likely means working on the story and lay out etc they need to stay ahead it makes since. Its no different then DLC already being announced before the game is even done and idiots flock to buy that shit. So sick of people bashing blizzard for crap other companies do way all the time and have a way worse business model but yet it doesn't stop millions buying way worse and unpolished content.

I'd prefer if expansions lasted around 18 months. I don't want Blizz to release expansions every year, especially when they complain about having to cut back on features due to time restraints.

It's like when they release a new CoD or WWE game every year, only to find out that it's like taking two steps forwards, five steps back. Or when they released SWTOR early for its christmas release and ended up being an incomplete game. The gaming industry has plenty of examples where releasing a game too early = a huge piece of rancid ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Well, that's good news. The sooner we get to the next expansion, the sooner we get out the orc sausage factory that is Dreanor.
    Exactly, what WoW needs is a beach volley ball expansion.

It has always been this way. I'm not sure why it's so surprising to some. lol

hopefully they took all the threads about WoD speculation and turned them into a dark burning emerald legion dream, that's below some where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people cant even finish the old stuff..

ha ha ha
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...in-development

In an interview with Polygon, studio co-founder and president Mike Morhaime explained the developer was trying to pick up the pace at which it releases fresh content for the ageing MMO.

I REALLY hope this not turning in the Everquest II model with every year one new Xpack that got little to no content after Warlords of Draenor
    The goal is indeed to have an expansion every year or nearly so, and content patches every 2 months or so. In short, not more long stretches of zero new stuff to do.
    That doesn't mean it will come at the cost of content. In fact, you will be getting more to occupy you.
    What would you rather have? A year of nothing where u get bored of the game and unsub, or a year of constant smaller updates giving you something to do every other month?