For the longest time I've been having issues relating to my computer locking up, usually resulting in a hard reboot as a solution. So far I've come up empty with the cause, and thus far the issue has proven to be inconsistent which makes it difficult to troubleshoot. I'll do my best to explain the problem.

I'm unsure if this has anything to do with it, but I don't recall having this issue before. Several months ago I took my computer apart to do a thorough cleaning of the system. I removed the primary system fan, the liquid cooling heatsink, the secondary fan located behind the heatsink, both the master and slave GPUs and unbolted the PSU enough to remove the buildup on the underside without having to blow the dust into the PSU itself. This was the first time I had taken all of this aprt to clean it, but taking it apart and putting it back together was very straightforward.

Ever since then, my computer has been exhibiting strange behavior. Within an hour of plugging it back in and running it, I was experiencing issues while browsing the internet. Every now and again, my mouse cursor would render unresponsive for a moment. After it returned to functioning, the cursor itself began to change between different types of cursors. For example, hovering over a link would randomly change the cursor to the default arrow pointer instead of the pointer-finger, or it will change to a pixelated "text" cursor. While this is happening, the mouse will occasionally lockup momentarily and then later become responsive again. If I have any audio playing, be it YouTube, Spotify - what have you, that audio will continue to play regardless of the issues I'm having.

The aforementioned problems have lead me to believe that the issue lies with either my Razer Naga 2012 or Firefox. I tried to troubleshoot the easiest theory first by toying around in another browser for a while to see if I can try and replicate the problems that I am having in FireFox. I tried Opera and had the same problem. I tried Safari and had the same problem. I tried Internet Explorer and went a while without having any issues before I decided to go back to FireFox and run my version without any addons or plugins whatsoever, but I later had the same problem.

When I play World of Warcraft, or any game for that matter, I do not have this problem. If, however, I tab out of World of Warcraft, have something happen and then try to play the game, it will lockup every couple seconds for a few seconds at a time and become completely unplayable until I manage to safely restart my computer.

Sometimes when my cursor locks up, it will start to work again and I won't have any severe issues with programs. But if I were to then start up World of Warcraft and sign in to play, my FPS will be horrible; usually around 30FPS, down from my standard 60FPS. This will continue to happen until I restart my computer.

Here recently, I've had issues with World of Warcraft as well as general use. Sometimes during a loading screen my game will freeze. Any sound playing at the time will stop, and then resume. The loading screen will finish but it seems that as soon as I move my mouse, my game locks up and everything becomes unresponsive to the point of a hard reboot.

What I've done;

- I recently cleaned out my computer and removed any and all dust from the graphics cards, fans, power supply and anywhere else that it might have collected.
- My NVIDIA drivers are running the most up-to-date releases.
- My FireFox is running with up-to-date versions.
- I've not bothered checking to see if it's an overheating issue, because there have been plenty of times where I'd wake up in the morning and turn my computer on for the first time in twelve hours and it has even done it as soon as I signed in.
- I cleaned out my registry.
- Full system scan came up empty.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently using a spare Logitech and everything has been working fine for about an hour now. I still have a few years before the warranty expires on my Naga 2012, so I'll be able to return it if I find out the issue is due to the mouse.

TL;DR of the original post;

Every now and again my mouse cursor will stop moving and my computer will lock up. Any audio will stop playing. After a couple seconds, my mouse cursor will free itself, my audio will continue to play but my computer is completely locked up. I can't click on anything and I can't do so much as pull up the Task Manager. A few times today I've had this happen when I am playing World of Warcraft. It only ever happened during a loading screen. The same thing will happen as I had just mentioned, but when the cursor frees itself, the loading screen will finish and I'll be in-game but as soon as I move my mouse, the game freezes and will continue to do so periodically until I hard reboot.