DVI - Monitor not detected with new W 8.1 installation

Hey folks,

I'm at the end of my knowledge. I seriously had never any problem with any previous Windows installation regarding the Monitor installation. But with the W 8.1 (fresh installation after W7) I don't seem to figure out a way to get my DVI Monitor running.

Current Setup:

- GTX 560TI
    - newest Nvidia driver
    - VGA Monitor LG 19"
    - DVI Monitor Samsung SM 2494

Right now everything works over the VGA Monitor. The Samsung is not detected or shown as not properly installed in the device manager. Installing the driver results into "installed and working" in the device manager. This is ofc not the case. But the strange part is. There is only 1 monitor shown then. The Samsung. The LG (VGA) is not shown at all, but works. If I uninstall the Samsung driver, after a restart it shows a not PNP monitor instead and the LG still works without a problem.

I seriously have no idea how to get the 2nd monitor running, since installing the drivers (which worked for W7 --> can't find any newer ones) doesn't show any effect.

Is there anything else that I can do to enable the 2nd monitor?

Thanks for any tip (except, "change back to W7 stuff").

//e: DVI not shown in NVIDIA control center either.

//e: Ok Problem solved. The new 330.61 drivers fucking up my DVI port. Couldnt detect it or ping it. Did install 320.18 and now it works fine.

Anyone else has probems with 330.61 and a GTX560ti?
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2013-11-12 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I'd post anyway even though I've not had an issue. As I 'm still using my 560Ti and have 2 DVI screens plugged into it.
    Just updated to 8.1 and everything worked out of the box straight away. Although I think my FPS settings have been capped at 40 somewhere as I haven't seen it go above that yet.

Now I just need to find a way to get rid of that stupid start button.

P.S Looks like my nVidia drivers had already updated to 331.65

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I can't use my onboard video provided by my 4670K CPU alongside my dedicated HD7970 card.

Why would you do this?