Thread: I feel poor!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I'm going to give you a nice little secret.. whatever works for one guy won't work for another.

Several different ways to make gold, they get boring as hell for me. Here's my best resource http://stormspire.net/forum.php#wow-gold-discussion enjoy all

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    True but there's also a 30 day limit between Sky Golem creations. And when your AH doesn't sell Living Steel you're kinda gimped
    Make friends with an alchemist, or better yet, learn it. It's a handy profession to have at your disposal anyhow.

Deleted
    I don't paticuly fancy levelling another character to 90 just to transmute ore

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    U can spend 10-15 min a day and get 10-15k++++.
    Wat how do you do that..

My way of making gold:

- Get as many maxed out professions as possible divided across multiple characters. (Especially the non-gathering ones.) Check out for each profession which craftable item is popular/profitable and craft them.
    - Vendor looted gray items, sell everything else on the AH.
    - Using AddOns such as Auctionator and Postal speeds up your of AH-ing process significantly. (recorded item prices, easier overview, faster posting/buying, faster/automatic mailbox looting and sending)
    - Check out websites such as The Undermine. On sites like these you have an overview of which items on your server are underpriced, which you can buy out and sell for more.
    - Even when there is a lot of competition on the AH, craft/sell the item. Just undercut the competition by a few %/gold.
    - And most importantly; do all of the above DAILY.

All of this together only costs about ± 15 minutes of time per day, in return for these 15 minutes of work I'm looting about ± 10k gold profit from the mailbox each day.

Also, even if you're only using 1 character and it's professions, you can still make 5-10k each day for 15 minutes of work. It depends on the server's market though. Like for example on my server, Leatherworking is very profitable. There you can easily craft PvP equipment for 300-400 gold each and sell it for 700-1000g each.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2013-11-14 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Added extra info

So you don't have enough gold, yet won't take steps to acquire more of it. Was this just a vent thread then?

I gave you a couple of suggestions for the living steel ask your friends if they have a transmute Alchy they aren't using that might let you have their cooldown. Offer in trade for someones cool down a lot of people sell the cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    i pretty much only do pvp with all my chars. never had a surplus of gold since classic release.

in all these years of constant play (small brake in cata) i farmed a total of 220k gold. my warlock (who is my main alt since bc) has recently got his 10k gold loot achievement.

but for what do you need gold exactly? just the golem? i farmed daily for 5 months to get my chopper in wotlk. just wait and save a bit on the side while the golem gets cheaper. as a pvpler i have the bonus of being engineer since classic so i got mine relatively cheap.

for me the easiest and least annoying way to get gold is doing pvp dailies on the thunder isles with twinks and doing troves when keys drop. doing lfr once in a while works good too. all the sha crystals from disenchants makes weapon enchants way cheaper.

i don't need more. some new gems and enchants every week for my 5 chars i pvp with and i'm set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never farm. Never do anything. The god which simply comes from mobs/rewars is sufficient for enchants, repairs, gems. Why need more gold at all!

I am at around 11k gold atm selling the DPS plate legs that 5.4 released for crafting.

I went from 15k on 5.4 to 1k as my shaman alt sucked up most of my money on gems and enchants. My guilds now doing well and I am getting gems and enchants off guildies so my golds recovered :P Before that my DK was earning enough gold from dungeon farming and LFR to not only cover repairs but make a profit. With the new items I can make I am starting to see a profit again

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Just take your time and figure out how your profs can make money ONLY using the ah... Get auctionator/auctioneer to make the whole process a lot easier.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So you don't have enough gold, yet won't take steps to acquire more of it. Was this just a vent thread then?
    No I want to enjoy my game

10+ Year Old Account
    I make about 150,000 gold a month with not much effort.

I don't farm, I don't craft, I simply buy things off the AH that are priced too low, and repost them.

I will give you a tip that ALWAYS works. Buy up all the Glyphs on your AH posted under 2g. I don't give a rat's ass if you buy 100 of the same kind. Then repost them for 20g. They ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS sell.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

It helps to have max of every profession. I'm sitting at 200k without trying just because I never spend it and it builds up from quests/dailies/dungeons/raids.

I made a small fortune of gold farming motes of air in BC making like 300-600 gold per hour lasted me quite a while, until cata, when it was dwindling, then I started farming ore selling for 100g per stack made a small fortune doing that. IDK how to make money off the AH, never could figure that out, but if your persistant and can find something that is easily farmable that sells decently, and just keep chugging away, you can make a ton and not have to worry for quite a while.

Especially with my 10k gold lol! Don't really know how people make 300k without spamming the AH all day... That Sky Golem mocks me
    Dont feel bad, I have less than 5k. I'm in a 2 man guild (lvl 14, cmooon xD), barely sell anything on my dead server with BS, Sky golem is out of the question.
    Someone mentioned JC and I think he's right. I'm around 250 JC and trying to get it to max on my 3rd char cause, tbh, I don't see making money through anything else.
    Perhaps when they connect my realm with other/s.

I have around 100k while being extreme lazy when it comes to farming, crafting stuff (I buy everything on the AH,y professions are barely used outside of the boni), selling stuff, or even doing dalies after I reached exhalted with the faction. I just do achievements and raid. And still I get more and more gold (slow but steady). What are you guys doing? :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Hee poor he says, only 10k he has he says. Try a little over 300g (Though most I've had is 20k). Damn those Spirits of war going for such affordable prices. Welp back to farming raid junk for monies and doing Brawl'gar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at about 50k from farming Warbringers and selling the various mats to guildies. Could've been at double that if I'd sold it at AH price.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Not hard work, you just have to do it consistently.
    Keeeerrrect.

Basically all you have to do is:

Phase 1: Make some gold.
    Phase 2: Don't spend it.
    Phase 3: Go back to Phase 1.

You don't even need to collect underpants.