10+ Year Old Account

Converting your 10 person raid to 20

Tip #1: Don't Panic - WoD is probably 6 months away or more. Panicking now is silly and unproductive. Focus on what you were focusing on before the big announcement, your next progression fight.

Tip #2: Be patient. No serious raider will want to join your guild now for a bench spot or a flex-only raid. Some people I know are starting a 2nd raid team. I'm not a fan of this idea because I think it will split your focus. Just wait it out, Blizzard may or may not change their minds anyway (I hope they don't, and this is from a current 10 raider). I think people should be waiting until closer to WoD's release to worry about seriously expanding their rosters. But if you don't want to wait, only recruit up to 11 or 12 so you can rotate them in with your regular raid team as needed. This will reduce your mythic need to only 8 or 9 more.

Tip #3: After WoD's release is the time to really start expanding. You can start running Normals and Heroics right away with anywhere from 10 to 25 people. Recruit slowly. Yes, you are going to lose the initial progression race to the current top 25 person guilds who don't have to worry as much. Focus on what you want to accomplish, not what others are doing. Unless you are at the top 5 guilds your ranking really doesn't matter a whole lot. If you have trouble recruiting the kind of people you want, you will be able to draw on your past guild successes. Everyone's going to be in the same boat. By the time you finish Heroic Progression you can get to at least 20, and if you're not there yet, well, you'll just have to rely on Tip #2.

Tip #4: You will have more recruiting tools after WoD is released. The in game raid browser will be much improved and you will also have the ability of pulling in people from other realms for both Normals and Heroic content. This way, you can get to know them before they join your raid full time.

Tip #5: Even if you can't fill 20 spots by the time your guild has cleared the heroic content to unlock Mythic level, because of Connected Realms there is more than likely going to be many fine, well geared people from other guilds who would love to pug into a Mythic 20 raid where most are from the same guild, so you will be able to start on the initial Mythic content even without finishing your roster expansion.

Tip #6: Make sure your current raid team knows what your plans are so they feel connected and can follow tip #1.

Tip #7. Recruit 10 more people.

I disagree with tip 6 btw. How is there supposed to be a good pool of raiders to recruit if some people don't panic and leave their guilds for better guilds?

Mythical won't be cross realm AFAIK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythical aren't cross realm i also advise against over recruiting now if you're still in full progression "mode"
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Tip #8 - All the 25 man heroic (mythic) raiders stop telling all the 10 man heroic (mythic) raiders to not panic, be patient, just recruit 10 more people.

My guild is 5/14HC and we raid only 2 days per week and 3 hours per day. It is extremely difficult to find good raiders that have the skill to do heroics and that want to raid a very minimal schedule. Doubling our raid size will in no way be easy or fun and having a bunch of people that are barely inconvenienced at all by this change tell me how to act just makes me more angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Tip #8 - All the 25 man heroic (mythic) raiders stop telling all the 10 man heroic (mythic) raiders to not panic, be patient, just recruit 10 more people.

My guild is 5/14HC and we raid only 2 days per week and 3 hours per day. It is extremely difficult to find good raiders that have the skill to do heroics and that want to raid a very minimal schedule. Doubling our raid size will in no way be easy or fun and having a bunch of people that are barely inconvenienced at all by this change tell me how to act just makes me more angry.
    Why not just build to 25 man now and work on building the solid 20 now vs later.

Just curious. Sure you may be stuck and have to fore go current tier progress but you might be back progressing as a 25 man in a month instead.

If I needed to worry about this stuff thats what i would do. Or progress till after xmas then convert to a for fun 25 man and just focus on raid rebuild. Do normals some easier heroics and start pushing again.

just my thoughts

Man it must be tough to find 20 players who are willing to raid only 2 days a week for 3 hours.

Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Mythical won't be cross realm AFAIK.
    I didn't state that it was, but you can do Heroic and Normal cross realm which will allow you to get a feel for the new recruits, and as I also stated with "Connected Realms" there will be more pugs you can draw from for Mythic mode if you get there without a roster of 20.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a 10 man raider. I built my current guild from scratch coming into Mists of Pandaria. Yes there were bumps but I met some great people along the way. Don't Panic, you can turn your 10 man into a 20 man. As I said you'll have many more tools to help you when WoD comes out. For now, calm down, take a breath, and worry about Heroic Iron Juggernaut or whatever you're 6th HC Progression boss is. If you've got a good guild with a good raid environment, people will come.