Deleted

Size and Physique

Do you think Blizzard will add this customization feature into the character creation section? Or is every player going to be the same size and build...?

Also, what do you think the likelihood of more intense and 'realistic' weather & lighting effects?

I'm hoping we see these changes within WoD. However, I seriously doubt it.

/sadface

Deleted
    If I cared about the size and physique of my character I'd play the Sims. I don't play the Sims.

Don't you think it's over-done? Every other game has that shit now and it's just another setup screen to skip, another boring distraction from gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceMarmot View Post
    If I cared about the size and physique of my character I'd play the Sims. I don't play the Sims.

Don't you think it's over-done? Every other game has that shit now and it's just another setup screen to skip, another boring distraction from gameplay.
    How can it be over-done???? It's a feature that should have been introduced long ago. It adds more to the game, makes each character feel different and unique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo86 View Post
    How can it be over-done???? It's a feature that should have been introduced long ago. It adds more to the game, makes each character feel different and unique.
    Wanna set up their star sign, likes and dislikes too? Doesn't interest me in the slightest. There's plenty in the game to make your character look different. I'd rather they focused on gameplay improvements, not the same cosmetic gimmicks found in every other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo86 View Post
    And would add a ton of work for adjusting EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF GEAR to those size/physiques

I hope they keep it the same, my computer sucks and takes long enough to load busy cities already. I can only imagine the extra strain from it loading tons of different sizes/physiques and the extra lighting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    And would add a ton of work for adjusting EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF GEAR to those size/physiques
    In fairness it doesn't really work that way - the textures would just be stretched over the model. Same reason robes always look shit on my undead mage, the character model stretches them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the way WoW models work, size/weight sliders just can't be added. At the least they'd be toggles, not sliders. But even then, you're talking about going from 2 models per race (m/f) to upwards of 18.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceMarmot View Post
    Wanna set up their star sign, likes and dislikes too? Doesn't interest me in the slightest. There's plenty in the game to make your character look different. I'd rather they focused on gameplay improvements, not the same cosmetic gimmicks found in every other game.
    Each to their own I suppose. I just think it would add to the immersion of the game, make it more realistic. It just seems a bit silly that every character is the same carbon copy (obviously facial features etc aside).

For me, this change would be an improvement on WoW's gameplay, as regardless of it being a 'cosmetic gimmick' it would still be improve the game. May not be in terms of actual game mechanics as such but aesthetically.

Don't think it would ever happen.