Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Item upgrade, Burden of eternity, Celestial lucky tier drops, I went up to 531 ilvl with just raiding LFR and find it quite easy to join flex pugs atm.

Quote Originally Posted by narzeg View Post
    Item upgrade, Burden of eternity, Celestial lucky tier drops, I went up to 531 ilvl with just raiding LFR and find it quite easy to join flex pugs atm.
    Yes, I'm sure in about a year you can get 535 ilevel with just LFR and item upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Yes, I'm sure in about a year you can get 535 ilevel with just LFR and item upgrades.
    I have about 6 days played on my monk on lvl 90.

Deleted
    Make your own pug that requires 520ilvl, profit?

When upgraded you get 543 ilvl from Timeless isle and ToT HC, 549 thunderforged.
    548 ilvl from flex, the cloak is 600. Add on top of that maybe some ordos/celestial loot and getting 540+ is faceroll and getting 550+ is not that hard.

One of my alts has 547 ilvl with a level 516 cloak equipped. Leg cloak would pop that up to 552 ilvl. That alt has killed like 10 normal mode bosses, and is using 2-3 normal mode pieces of loot. I am a ton of upgrade I could get from ToT and flex but I dot really bother, would easily have been able to be 555+ilvl with my 10 normal mode boss kills i i bothered getting cloak and running tot hc/flex every week.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I play on Kazzak EU and I have been taking breaks now and then during MoP so my gear is kind of lackluster. Now on my server people want 530-550+ ilvl to join their pugs. I mean, wtf? How am I supposed to get that ilvl when LFr only offers 528.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Ppl want high ilvls in their pugs because they want to minimize issues in the run. There is nothing wrong with that. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Hah, and those raiders wonder why so few partake in the activity.
    Hah, no they don't.

It's funny how there is an entire raid, made 20% easier, just sitting there yet people complain about having a low item level.

It's your own fault that you don't get into pugs
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

I've seen quite a few flex pugs asking for 550+ ilvl. The only reason I'd do flex on toons higher than 550 is with friends or cos I'm mega bored. Demanding an ilvl that is 10 higher than the actual gear that drops in there seems a little stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    I've seen quite a few flex pugs asking for 550+ ilvl. The only reason I'd do flex on toons higher than 550 is with friends or cos I'm mega bored. Demanding an ilvl that is 10 higher than the actual gear that drops in there seems a little stupid to me.
    Trade: LFM ToT normal. Have 530+ ilevel

I'm not joking. I have seen this in trade on more than one ocasion. Yes, have 530 items to enter a raid where you get 522s. Don't you just love the internet?!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's true, P - u - G stands for "Group of Asshats."

If you haven't figure it out, OP, the culture of PuGs in WoW is not "Let us all go forth and slay the dangerous dragons together and perhaps reap the rewards thereof" it is "Fuck this shit, I just want my trinket, rest of youse, you done this 20 times rite?"

Deleted
    I'm getting so much hate in flex/lfr groups atm with my 506 ilvl brewmaster Hardly any friends and no alts on horde/the server, so no gold for profs or crafted etc. They expect me to be fully gemming and enchanting 463 blue gear :|

It's doable though as a tank in flex, with the exception of iron juggernaut which just rapes me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry, but no gold for profs? Pick up LW pick up Skinning. Level it up. You can learn all the recipes from 5.2 and 5.4 by crafting Hides. Which is bit time consuming, but will give you access to gear. Then there are the last tier VP items which you can buy.

You don't have to queue as tank, queue as DPS, set your loot spec to tank and GG. You are worried about lengthy queues? If you cannot handle tanking/are squishy as hell, taking the 30-1h queue as DPS at least won't end up you getting kicked cause you die too much. And the time you wait in queue you can kill elites/rares on the Isle to get the "tokens" burdens you need to get upgrades.

It is time consuming to gear up if you are unlucky, but having no gold/no profs is a poor excuse (I raid, I run with very little gold most of the time, to barely cover my costs, cause I am too lazy to farm).

Coming back to higher ilvl needs. The more ilvl the less risk you run into people dieing to random shit aka more EH. When we run with FLEX as a guild, we ask 500+, just cause our people can bring their mains in or we have the people to pull their weight or just step out if they or we feel that their gear is too low.
    In a complete PUG no one knows what other players are capable of, hence the higher ilvl requirement and being picky in choosing people.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-11-13 at 09:33 AM.

Even though it might be easy to get a few 535 pieces from the island, it's not so easy to get an ilvl of 535. It takes time and some luck.

My advice would be to join a nice guild. There are plenty who are recruiting now on all levels (disclaimer: not sure how it looks on your server, but on mine I could find a new guild in 5 minutes, no matter if it was flex, normal or hc raiding I wanted to do).

Deleted
    Get the 522 Head/boots
    553 Belt/Legs
    Celestials (think ordos is out of your range if you took a long(er) break just yet)
    Nalak (can still drop gloves/pants)

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I play on Kazzak EU and I have been taking breaks now and then during MoP so my gear is kind of lackluster. Now on my server people want 530-550+ ilvl to join their pugs. I mean, wtf? How am I supposed to get that ilvl when LFr only offers 528.

Anyone else have this problem?
    You have 2 problems.

a) Kazzak-EU is a cauldron of hate, trolls and lunacy. I've been there, the server is so bloated with people that you basically have to make ridiculous demands for pugs or you'll inevitably fail at the first possible occasion.
    b) You've been away. WoW's not a game for being away if you want to see the better content. That's just not how it works. You're lucky enough if you can find a guild that pulls you through and gears you up nontheless, but those are rare.

Other than that, you can try and upgrade gear as much as possible, but this'll probably take a long time. Ultimately you'll probably need the help of some friends or create your own pugs if you want to get something done.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    It only becomes stupid when you won't find enough people. Yet you will find many flex raids in oQueue with iLevel 550+ requirements with long waiting lists.
    Some people need tokens for their set bonus, a special trinket, gear for their second spec, or want to cap their valor.
    It's a simple matter of demand and supply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kazzak-EU is one of the most elitist servers, because it's also one of the highest population and has many hardcore guilds like Envy. That means raid leaders can set the bar very high and still find enough people.

Last week I killed Huolon, the ship and Archiereus about 15 times EACH, that's 45 kills. No burden of eternity. I blew 20k timeless coins on the chests in the cave, dunno how many chests I opened considering you also get coins back, maybe 60 or so, but I didn't find one damn burden.

Good news though, I managed to stealth my way into Ordos' backyard and looted the blazing chest for 1 burden. Fucking yay for me.
    Sounds like that was hard for you. RnG mate RnG...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and the raid leader kindly accepts having to go back to trade chat to look for a replacement and making the raid wait. Suuuure.
    Maybe you didn't catch that last part ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9iXlOHtzV4

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    535 Ilevel is easy to get simply doing the Isle
    I'm in almost all Flex gear, missing just 4 pieces. I'm ilvl 535.

Anyone who actually needs to go to Flex is going to have a much lower item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    You forgot to mention the 553 crafted belt and legs.
    This is true - as is the burden of eternity gear.... However if the answer to the OP's problem of not getting into pugs is to spend 100k on crafted gear, or spend months farming burdens (which can be very hard to get - or very easy depending how lucky you are), I think its not a good answer. Its a perpetual problem, every time people get better gear - they want others in their pugs to also have that gear up to the point where sometimes people will want gear better than drops in an instance to allow you to pug with them (I saw this with ICC25 pugs). It is a pain when people are like that - but its their run - they can do what they like.

The best option is to just spam for more reasonable groups that want something like 510+ for first wing of flex etc. If you still cant find that then give openraid a go. I'm sure you can manage to get into pugs from there if you are willing to put in the effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and the raid leader kindly accepts having to go back to trade chat to look for a replacement and making the raid wait. Suuuure.
    And if its a flex and isnt at min numbers already....... they can just carry on without - no biggie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by narzeg View Post
    I've also been lucky with drops and gear on several of my characters, dinging 90 on two and getting into SOO LFR the same day ending up at around 510 the same day as dinging.....

However it's not that way for a lot of people, and requirements for joining a pug vary a lot on each server so it's not always as easy as some make it to be (but as has been said at least twice already... openraid)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    would easily have been able to be 555+ilvl with my 10 normal mode boss kills i i bothered getting cloak and running tot hc/flex every week.
    Yes, but suggesting ToT HC as a means of gearing to get into pugs isnt really a great suggestion imo.