Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    raid finder drops 528, which you can upgrade 8 ilvls with valor, and you can get burden of eternity from the timeless isle and make timeless gear 535.
    alternatively, you can also host a pug yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=103982/burden-of-eternity

This item allows you to upgrade 496-tokens to 535-gear, its a random drop from rares/elites on Timeless Isle.

You can also buy them for Timeless Coins if you have enough, I think they cost 50k coins each.
    The timeless gear is WAY worse than LFR though, so filling your gear with it would be stupid.

Oqueue is also a great addon to get you into pugs

I think people are assuming that you're using the Openraid site, while maybe you're not.?.. Try it out. Make an account, join the chat room, and profit. Everyone and their grandmother are using it nowadays. First day of the week is riddled with raids. Also a link to your character may help us give you better recommendations on gearing routes. Burdens of Eternity have very low drop chances, but if you didn't get the guaranteed burden off of the Ordos sanctuary, you should. If you don't have the cloak yet, there are many ways to get there without it as a Paladin, which i'm assuming you are.
    Last edited by Basemath; 2013-11-13 at 03:59 PM.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

I took a 522 disc priest to SoO normal @ Thok last night. Sure we had 5% wipe but it wasn't exactly his fault. He pulled as much healing as our 557 Hpala and did a hell of a lot more dispels.

If you still have problems think about creating your own weekly PuGs for players in similar positions, you'll all soon grow (it's what i did from 520 ilevel now we're all 555-560)

Deleted
    If every person crying about not being to find a pug would either create their own or all make their own cry pug then the problem would be solved.

I will say that it is harder to get into PUGs now, but you can get in PUGs if you look hard enough. For gear, as peeps have been suggesting, Timeless Isle, upgrade LFR gear etc.

I kinda do think it is a bit silly though to demand 550+ for an instance that drops 540 gear though.

Burdened items are often worse than LFR gear due to lack of sockets on most pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    I've seen quite a few flex pugs asking for 550+ ilvl. The only reason I'd do flex on toons higher than 550 is with friends or cos I'm mega bored. Demanding an ilvl that is 10 higher than the actual gear that drops in there seems a little stupid to me.
    I find this funny as well, I stopped raiding over a month ago due to time constraints and have a hell of a time trying to find a pug. My current ilvl is 546 and 3 pugs denied me because my ilvl was too low (they were looking for 550 ilvl). I finally just ended up going with my guilds alt run but I still don't know what difference people think 4 ilvl is going to make
    Thanks to Shyama for my beautiful signature
    Naobí 2/7 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    You forgot to mention the 553 crafted belt and legs.
    Also, drops from Celestials (always burn a coin on that unless you are a normal/heroic mode raider), and from Ordos (if you have the cloak, which of course also helps the ilvl).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    The timeless gear is WAY worse than LFR though, so filling your gear with it would be stupid.
    It depends. The pieces with the single secondary stat, yes, but the pieces with two secondary stats can be superior.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Byzet View Post
    Burdened items are often worse than LFR gear due to lack of sockets on most pieces.
    Yes but they got superior ilevel which seems to count most of all when looking for a pug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koltec View Post
    Oqueue is also a great addon to get you into pugs
    This.

There are a lot of people asking for 530 upwards as well (which I 100% condone btw, it is their group they can make their own rules), but there are plenty of 510 and 520 groups especially for Flex 1 and 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    This is totally incorrect.

A 535 burden item with the correct stats >> 528 LFR item with incorrect stats.

I love the people that complain about getting denied from pugs that have higher iLv Requirement than they actually have... Like obviously you're going to get turned down if you don't meet the reqs..or else there'd be no point of the req. I started a warrior at 515 iLv 2-3 weeks ago, I start my own pug on oQueue every week for Flex1-4 and the minimum iLv is whatever my current iLv is. So, noone lower than me, and I tank/raid lead and we've yet to run into a problem. High iLv people will join your raids if they see that it has potential. I don't take bullshit though, if people suck and don't wanna listen, kick and replace. Thats the best part about oQueues waitlist feature. Always people willing to come. Anyway - with a lot of Ordos/Celestial luck, and pugging flex, I've gone from 515 to 543 in 2~ weeks, without my Cape or anything and 2 496 rings. I'm actually gearing up way more quickly than I projected and I'm super far behind on my legendary quest now - but anyway. It is totally possible. Youtube videos and be ready to lead/tell people how to do each boss and people will join your groups time and time again if they don't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    LFR + Timeless Gear + Ordos/Celestials

2/2 Timeless gear is 543, so if you fill every slot with it, you will easily reach 530.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    535 Ilevel is easy to get simply doing the Isle
    Sorry, but both of these are simply wrong. I've just leveled a Warrior to level 90, and I've done every single chest on the Timeless Isles, and upgraded whatever possible via Valor Points and I am still only sat at 510. It would be several weeks before I can get to 535+ via Upgrades, during which time I am being turned away from all Pugs, simply because I don't have 550 iLevel for Mogu'shan Vaults!

I don't expect to get to 90, and be instantly at iLevel 550, but I've done the entire LFR for Siege of Orgrimmar & Throne of Thunder, and gotten nothing, and I've done most of Flex Siege of Orgrimmar and also done nothing, and later planning on being boosted in Heroic Throne of Thunder by my guild in vain hope of getting some upgrades.

There are people who get unlucky, people who put in endless hours, who have mains and experience of the encounters, but lack a silly iLevel requirement. The way in which iLevel is being used right now is just as stupid as Gearscore was back in Wrath of the Lich King. I've been told I need 555 iLevel, for Mogu'shan Normal ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Kazzak EU as well, I have to say that the community on this server is horrible compared to my experiences on other servers.

If you join a pug and wipe once, people rage quit. There is also a countless number of idiots who don't have a clue how to play.

I would move to another server, but all my friends are here and like being on a full server.

There is the occasional pug that pops up, that will accept lower ilvls, as long you gear and enchant properly etc., but they are rare, so patience required

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    There are people who get unlucky, people who put in endless hours, who have mains and experience of the encounters, but lack a silly iLevel requirement. The way in which iLevel is being used right now is just as stupid as Gearscore was back in Wrath of the Lich King. I've been told I need 555 iLevel, for Mogu'shan Normal ...
    Guess what, they were probably doing MSV for mog/mount/achieves, not for gearig someone up. You are crying because you got declined to a group you were not the target audience for.

Also, what stops you from grinding more burdens for more gear? Getting all chests is a fraction of the time you should spend on timeless isle, it is simply the beginning. After the chests the real grind start to get more burdens.

It is extremely easy to get 530+, especially if you get lucky on ordos or celestials. If you are not doing what is required to get the gear, then you cant really complain that you dont get it.

You can get several 535 items from the island, 528 from lfr... and then just go through Flex (1 and 2 first, being the easier), grab oQueue and organize it yourself.

I don't understand all this "buah, i can't get into pugs, they ask for this and that...". Just make your own pug.

Working as Intended.

WoW raiding isn't about playing with other people. It's about labeling some people good and other people bad...
    and doing everything you can to make sure the bads are kept right where they belong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thorvath View Post
    Working as Intended.

WoW raiding isn't about playing with other people. It's about labeling some people good and other people bad...
    and doing everything you can to make sure the bads are kept right where they belong.
    This man gets it. Had this experience in all the guilds I have been in. Most people think we raid for 2-5 days a week or whatever the guild is. In reality we are just having meetings discussing new words and ways to call people bad and interesting new ways to decline peoples application. That is what raiding is all about.

All the raiding is just an ellaborate cover for the true nature of raiding.

Deleted
    simple solution. Remove the ability to see ilevel from the game. (even block it through mods)