Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    isnt it that Paladins especially rets are Walking faster than anyone else anyway (except rogues maybe)?

If thats still the case, for what do you Need a gap closer?
    Besides, you got Hand of freedom, so in theory there is no reason to let a gap happen in the first place. Well that Argument only Counts for pvp tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    isnt it that Paladins especially rets are Walking faster than anyone else anyway (except rogues maybe)?

Besides, you got Hand of freedom, so in theory there is no reason to let a gap happen in the first place. Well that Argument only Counts for pvp tho.
    because that's not the case.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Because a gap instantly happens when a ranged ports away (lock portal, blink, disengage) and most of them can purge hand of freedom and keep a snare up pretty consistently and keep the paladin spamming Emancipate while they still deal damage.

It was removed. It was huge part of ret mobility to outrun your opponents that kite you with freedoms and cleanse. For some reason they removed it.

I think instant or at least a way better gap closer is exactly what ret needs. It's a huge weakness in PvE and a frustration in PvP to not have one.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I simply think it should just be a Ret version of speed of light though. Even with a 25 second CD or something it would be really nice, without stepping on other classes toes. (Warriors can keep their 12 second mobility and DK's can keep their position-altering gap closer as important part of their classes). We don't need to have the best one, we just need one, and if we had both LAOTL and it, it would be pretty OP.
    I think there's a simper solution.

Long Arm of the Law: Removed.
    Speed of Light: Removed
    Pursuit of Justice: baselined and reworked

[New] Pursuit of Justice:
    Instant: Gain the Speed of Light effect to increase your movement speed by 70% for 8s. 2 min CD.

Passive:
    You gain 15% movement speed at all times, plus an additional 5% movement speed for each current charge of Holy Power up to 3. This effect is disabled while Speed of Light is active and for 20s afterwards.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

Instant: Gain the Speed of Light effect to increase your movement speed by 70% for 8s. 2 min CD.

Passive:
    You gain 15% movement speed at all times, plus an additional 5% movement speed for each current charge of Holy Power up to 3. This effect is disabled while Speed of Light is active and for 20s afterwards.

EJL
    SoL with a 2 minute cd?
    are you sewious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

Passive:

EJL
    No simply no.
    We could have something really cool... Why people wish to stay with sprint or passive boost speed ? It's only a sprint, it doesn't give any special thing to us or to our teammates.
    Seriously we must have something different from other melee fighters, something that could give us a real identity as a melee fighter.

Every melee fighter has a signature move, something you can recognize and assimilate to the class (charge, death grip, shadowstep, flying serpent kick, etc...). The paladin is the only one without one.

To me a paladin is a knight in a shinning armor leading armies to battle on his charger. Not a man running through, on his feet, the battlefield while people laugh at him.
    It's only natural to see the paladin class summoning her charger in combat even if it's only for a limited time as a core ability (something around 5 or 6 seconds) and not as a talent.
    We could gain it at level 20 and now you swap tier 1 and 2 and improve our "summon combat charger" with different ideas like this :

- Speed of light is replaced with a new talent (whatever the name is) : Allow you to carry an ally on your charger for 6 seconds. The idea here is to run through an ally and pick him up to move forward with him faster or retreat in order to save your teammate.
    - Long Arm of the Law : With the help of your charger you chase down your target, impaling her and preventing any action from you and her for X seconds (I think 1 second is fair enough).
    - Pursuit of justice : When you summon your charger you become immune to impairing effects for 6 seconds, knocking back the enemy on your path for X yards. Replaces Hand of freedom.

I'm not saying my ideas are the best but asking for a sprint is not the solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrion View Post
    To me a paladin is a knight in a shinning armor leading armies to battle on his charger. Not a man running through, on his feet, the battlefield while people laugh at him.
    An idea you gave me is like charge, but different. This could be interesting and not a 100% copied talent.

"March
    Paladin instantly charges in a 30 yard straight line, knocking enemies back in the path. 30 second cool down"

It's a move that charges like a warrior, but doesn't use a target. So it can be used out of combat. Added bonus, it can knock players back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    As someone who raided Throne of Thunder on my ret paladin, I also agree that multi-target movement intensive fights were death on my DPS. I would utterly wreck and destroy on fights with much less movement like Jin'rokh or even Lei Shen, but fights like Horridon and Iron Qon were laughable and I got yelled at a few times by my raid leader.
    It gets much worse in SoO Heroic raiding. You won't notice it much in normal or flex raiding. For PvP it's been so bad that I just quit trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    homogenization is bad indeed.
    but it is worse making class/spec close tounplayable on any pro level in fear of said homogenization.
    As a developer, homogenization is great. Makes class balance so much easier. As a player who likes to see something different, it's a lazy cop-out.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2013-11-14 at 07:49 PM.

One idea on th is whole thread is even realistic the rest are all bullshit. The only one that blizz would even bat an eye at is the buffed LAotL at 100% for 2 sec a d immune to roots/snares. Blizz's version would be exactly that but still 45% maybe 55% with its current cd. Otherwise it would have a 10sec cd to be realistic. It always comes to the gap closer for rets every time we near the end of an expansion.

Have you ever heard of K.I.S.S. ? It means keep it simple stupid. Meaning give us a simple instant gap closer on a 30-45sec cooldown. Youcan't get any more balanced than that. Rets do have a ton of utility so it is important to not make it too powerful otherwise the mages will come a rage. With that said I will remain silent for this thread because its all we need and will ever need and you guys know that. Some times thinking too far outside the box lands you in a spot where you can't get back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully agree that retribution paladins need more gap closers. If you ask me 2 freedoms and a spammable slow/root breaker isn't enough. After all it's not enough to have a 3 second sprint on a 5 second CD which also slows your opponent when glyphed.

Seriously. This game needs LESS gap closers. It also needs to reduce the amount of kiting certain classes can do (mage for example, or blood horror for warlocks for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I fully agree that retribution paladins need more gap closers. If you ask me 2 freedoms and a spammable slow/root breaker isn't enough. After all it's not enough to have a 3 second sprint on a 5 second CD which also slows your opponent when glyphed.
    did you ever play Ret to be that sarcastic without a cause?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    lets go ala Guildwars2 Judge's Intervention you teleport next to your target and whack them with a hammer (cause paladin can never have too much hammer) 20-25 sec cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

im thinking blizz could simplify SoL by lowering the CD slightly, say about 25-30 secs and make it have charges like huntard deterrence

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    im thinking blizz could simplify SoL by lowering the CD slightly, say about 25-30 secs and make it have charges like huntard deterrence
    a weak sprint once in 25 seconds?
    really?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for the 20-30 second CD 30 yard charge in a line like Flying Serpent Kick but knock backs enemies where you land. Could tweak CD and also make it buff nearby allies when you land or something, to balance it. Could also remove Emancipate, as HoF and a gap closer would be pretty demanding balance-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I vote for the 20-30 second CD 30 yard charge in a line like Flying Serpent Kick but knock backs enemies where you land. Could tweak CD and also make it buff nearby allies when you land or something, to balance it. Could also remove Emancipate, as HoF and a gap closer would be pretty demanding balance-wise.
    why not remove Emancipate now, as we have Hof, Emancipate and Tier15 ?

Yes I think every melee class should have warrior charge. In fact why don't we start giving every class some version of every spell so everyone's on even footing. OH wait we've already started doing that and it's what plagues the game into a homogenized horror.

NO and NO; revert paladin to TBC status plx

Hopefully some (a lot) of Diablo's Crusader class ideas are used on the WoW Paladin. I would really like to see Falling Star or Steed Charge as Ret/Prot. If you go by blizz previous actions of giving Ret everything an expansion or two late, this should be the expansion Ret get's a true gap closer. Personally I am willing to trade the, "can clear all slows" gameplay for the gap closer gameplay. They could turn Emancipate into a condition remover (fear/stun) and thrown in a disarm ( Pacify) as well.

The Ret PvP toolkit is still lacking a lot of basic melee class functionality. Hopefully it is something they actually address in this new expansion. We will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes I think every melee class should have warrior charge. In fact why don't we start giving every class some version of every spell so everyone's on even footing. OH wait we've already started doing that and it's what plagues the game into a homogenized horror.

NO and NO; revert paladin to TBC status plx
    You dont play paladin, do you?

Don't pvp on my ret but isn't Long Arm of the Law + Glyph of Burden of Guild a good combo? Or are there other glyphs that are better to use?