Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    None. And people I work with can't understand how.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Zero. There are acids in coffee that kill my stomach. I supplement my caffeine needs with Coca-cola and energy drinks.
    There are no acids in coca-cola or energy drinks? :P

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    2-3 large seized cups.... exstreme cases 4 and regarding cola, it that fault i'm forced to drink such large quantities :P

Very rarely at home, but one or two cups at work to wake up. I like tea more.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There are no acids in coca-cola or energy drinks? :P
    Obviously they are, but I didn't mention them because they don't upset my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Obviously they are, but I didn't mention them because they don't upset my stomach.
    I'm guessing it's not the acids at all. Coca-cola and other sodas have a lower pH than coffee (that is, they are more acidic). Coffee, on the other hand, has some bitter qualities. I bet those are what upset your stomach. I know sometimes if I eat/drink/taste something bitter, I feel a bit nauseous; I can balance it out by quickly refreshing my taste buds with something sweet or sour.

On that note... I don't know wtf Starbucks does to their coffee. I can make it better at home with essentially zero equipment than what they make in the store. Somehow they manage to extract every last amount of bitter out of their coffee beans. The only way I know how to do that is use too much water and not enough ground beans. Meh. Yuck. /rant.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    None. However 3 of these a day keep the sleepies away.

I drink absolutely no coffee.

Stuff tastes like I imagine horse manure would.

And as was stated on the first page, I would hazard a guess that this "sleeping disorder" comes not from any real medical problems but rather from your coffee intake since as you said more than 20 cups in 1 day... That's extremely unhealthy and could lead to many different issues including caffeine overdose...
    Trust me, I've been there, You don't want to one day have too much caffeine/energy drinks in one day, Especially not with the repercussions it can have on an 18 year old's heart.(Had problems years ago, quit all caffeine for a year, and now drink in extreme moderation and I stay away from energy drinks including 5 hour energy)

*edit* Also OP...on page 2 you say you get about 3 hours of sleep per day/night and coffee is the only thing that keeps you up...
    Logic would prevail to stop drinking the sh*t and you would sleep fine since it wouldn't be keeping you up anymore.
    Last edited by KeirAdish; 2013-11-13 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm guessing it's not the acids at all. Coca-cola and other sodas have a lower pH than coffee (that is, they are more acidic). Coffee, on the other hand, has some bitter qualities. I bet those are what upset your stomach.
    It's not the acidity (pH), it is the specific acids that are extracted from the coffee bean. Seems a relatively common thing, actually. I sure wish it didn't apply to me, easy access to coffee without sugar would be easier.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love coffee but keep my intake to 1-3 mugs a day. I either brew my own or enjoy it from a reputable, local cafe on the weekend because I'm picky. Starbucks and the like are lousy excuses for coffee.

1-2 cups normally

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink coffee, as I get my caffeine fix on colas instead.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II