15+ Year Old Account

They need to open up free xfers off crowded servers..

(From WoW Forum)

Area 52 is absolutely absurd. 1000+ q's almost nightly. I'm sitting in a 900 q as we speak, 25 minute estimated.

The latency on Area 52 horde side is outrageous. I pay a pretty penny for quality internet service with a ping of 9 MS. Why is my ping 400+ on Area 52 ONLY? I log on my alliance server and my ping is..9. What it should be. But no, the population is so overcrowded on Area 52 that there is actually perpetual server lag. No matter where I am, in an instance, a raid, Northrend, Org, it's 400+, and then as soon as I do a speedcheck, my ping is 9-10.

I WANT OFF THIS SERVER. I cannot play the game that I pay for due to how overcrowded this server is. And no, I am not going to pay you 200 dollars to do it. This is ridiculous.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I believe Area 52 is the most populated horde pve server in the game and the 2nd overall most populated horde server behind Illidan. Personally I moved from a semi dead server to a massive pop server (Sargeras) and I regret nothing. I am not experiencing the ms lag though. My ms actually went down after the move since I went from a PST server to a CST server and I'm EST. It dropped from 88 to around 60

The problem is that free transfers due to their intent did not attract the participation they should have.
    They were often from a high to a low population realm, which then created just the opposite problems with queues for in-game content.
    They will instead change the plans to offer transfers from high to medium population realms to offer a compromise when it comes to the activity of the population.

Latency also can vary per realm, as its physical distance from your location can be significantly different.
    There are considerable differences between those on east and west coasts of the US for example.

From East to West
    • New York, New York
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Phoenix, Arizona
    • Los Angeles, California

Look at US Realm List by Datacenter @ wowpedia to see which time zones and states those realms are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    Yeah I believe Area 52 is the most populated horde pve server in the game and the 2nd overall most populated horde server behind Illidan.
    Tichondrius and blackrock I think are worse. Even still I personally would not leave a high pop server for even a medium one. I have characters on a few "medium population" servers and they are like deserted wastelands by comparison. The AH in particuliar is practically empty and prices for things are all over the place. Finding guilds worth the time is also quite difficult and recruiting is next to impossible for them.

Good, get the hell off my server lol!

And its not that bad... I was in que tonight at 9pm (Which is prime time) and i was 600 in que, quitcherbitchin and quit exaggerating.

Edit: They had free transfers to Turalyon about a month and a half ago, too bad you missed the boat lol.
    Last edited by Vishy; 2013-11-13 at 03:14 AM.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is bad. Having to wait for 30 mins to play only to be met by 400 latency is bad. No matter what you say, that's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting in queue for Stormrage.
    Area 52 had xfers to Turalyon a while back (My home server) but not many people took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    (From WoW Forum)

Area 52 is absolutely absurd. 1000+ q's almost nightly. I'm sitting in a 900 q as we speak, 25 minute estimated.
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a 1000+ queue on Area 52, and I generally log in 5x per week. Besides, it's reset day, so I'm not sure howa wait time be a surprise on one of the most populated servers going.

Tuesday is the busiest day for prime time logins, he's just crying over spilt milk. Its an east coast server based in New york, if your not anywhere near there then that explains your ping issues.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Deleted
    Copy pasted from US forums? Anyway, same shit is happening in EU. Turns out when a realm says 'full' it means all players transfer here pls!

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have stayed on whatever server you came from. Ques are a fact of life on Area 52 since wrath. Not to mention, they offer transfers off the server quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    (From WoW Forum)

The latency on Area 52 horde side is outrageous. I pay a pretty penny for quality internet service with a ping of 9 MS. Why is my ping 400+ on Area 52 ONLY? I log on my alliance server and my ping is..9. What it should be. But no, the population is so overcrowded on Area 52 that there is actually perpetual server lag. No matter where I am, in an instance, a raid, Northrend, Org, it's 400+, and then as soon as I do a speedcheck, my ping is 9-10.

I WANT OFF THIS SERVER. I cannot play the game that I pay for due to how overcrowded this server is. And no, I am not going to pay you 200 dollars to do it. This is ridiculous.
    Some perspective for you - some players NEVER see ping in a single digit, regardless, due to where they live. And I pay a "pretty penny" for a quality internet service, too.

If your realm is as bad as you say, free realm transfers will come up, as they did for my previous realm (where queues were 1,000+ every night, as you say). But be prepared to be stuck on a dead, empty realm for the privilege, and really consider if it's worth it first. I'm willing to bet you expect to be transferred, for free, to a well populated realm, but I have to ask why should/would they do that? So you can turn around and demand more free transfers when you find the new realm becomes overpopulated, too?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you find out where a server is hosted and why did it recommend a resident of LA a nyc based server..thats stupidity..

They keep giving free transfers away from many of the overpopulated servers but strangely people don't take them and more and more people transfer to the bigger servers. Anyone would take that to mean that people don't like dead servers, I wonder why...

First of all, for all of you trolls who posted, it is NOT our (the people who pay to play) fault that BLIZZARD lets people keep transferring to a server. Area 52 has about 20k ally and 180k horde. If you can't see that it's purely Blizzard's greed, then all I can say is, stay in school! I paid to transfer to Area 52. And for you flamers, I did my research (which I don't understand why I should have to do in the first place). I should be able to count on the fact that Blizzard won't let me transfer to a server that's going to cause grief. Two weeks after I transferred, we started getting thirty minute ques to get onto Area 52 and thirty minute ques to get into LFD, so you wait an hour before you can even start playing at night. Blizzard is greedy and lets people keep transferring until the servers are so whacked out that they can't possibly fix them. In what universe does this make sense? It's clear why their subscriptions are dropping, over 2 million to date, and will be 2,000,0001 in January when my subscription runs out. Greed is a terrible thing and Blizzard is a good example of what can happen. There are a lot of good free MMORPGs out there and they have pet battles too! Flamers will always flame and haters will always hate, so flame on! Peace