Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How do you know that they won't expand on it, move it or anything along those lines or make a new version?
    They already said we'll be able to move it, didn't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm hoping that it will be race specific, even better to have a choice of what style you want when you initially start construction!
    I don't want it to be race specific, but i want to be able to choose with race arquitecture i want (Blood Elf and Forsaken all the way! )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    They already said we'll be able to move it, didn't they?
    Yep, we would be able to move it to other zones of Draenor, but i'm pretty sure that after WoD comes out they won't add anything else to the Garrisons

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I don't want it to be race specific, but i want to be able to choose with race arquitecture i want (Blood Elf and Forsaken all the way! )

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, we would be able to move it to other zones of Draenor, but i'm pretty sure that after WoD comes out they won't add anything else to the Garrisons
    I don't think so. I think Garrisons, like Transmog and LFR before it, will be too big to restrain.

If we can move it, then they already have the basic framework for how they can move Garrisons into future Expansions. It's as easy as moving your Garrison to the new continent.

Then all they need is followers to gain new levels, maybe some new buildings or building upgrades, and boom.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I definitely don't want my garrison to be made of mud and hides. Give me the spikes!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that Horde garrisons do not mirror the architecture of Orgrimmar or at least that Blood Elf garrisons look like the buildings of Silvermoon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I really hope that Horde garrisons do not mirror the architecture of Orgrimmar or at least that Blood Elf garrisons look like the buildings of Silvermoon.
    Blizz has said they like the idea of having more variety in building styles, but that it might not be something we have at launch.

Personally I hope that, when it's added, we can select styles on a per-building basis. So I can have a mixture of Human and Draenei architecture. Maybe even a Pandaren inn.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I would love to be able to build garrisons according to my race's architecture style, but I think this feature can be implemented later on. I'm fine with being able to use orcish/human buildings only, let Blizzard focus on garrison mechanics first, we can have new skins in a later patch.

Deleted
    Really hope they will implement different building architecture.
    I think having one per race will be hard because some races are too similar but 3 variation for each faction should be sufficient I think :
    Orc / Undead / Blood elves for the horde
    Human / Night Elves / Draenei for Alliance

or at least the 3 races from WarCraft 3 since it seems to be their inspiration.

I don't think they will though Maybe it will be some kind of medley (Orc barracks, troll lumber mill, Blood elves mage tower)

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanSon View Post
    I would love to be able to build garrisons according to my race's architecture style, but I think this feature can be implemented later on. I'm fine with being able to use orcish/human buildings only, let Blizzard focus on garrison mechanics first, we can have new skins in a later patch.
    That's a fair request. I don't really see why, in time, we wouldn't be able to use buildings based on neutral/enemy designs, so say a Titanic-themed tower or a Mogu-themed inn. If you think about it, it makes sense. We go out and defeat all of these enemies and each time we're generally assaulting their lands, sure you're going to take weaponry and trinkets as your reward but what's to say you wouldn't look at something and go "Oh... now that would be useful if I had time to build it"? Like, we could build Ziggurats or Necropoli instead of Medic Tents or Barracks and so on.

There's plenty of room for this sort of feature to grow, and like Pet Battles, the level of attention it gets will likely determine how far they're willing to go with it. Could you imagine them doing things like the Celestial Tournament if pet battles were a flop? I doubt it, it's unnecessary piece of work for a small amount of people who would've done it but according to Blizzard pet battles are fairly popular so it's not a wasted job.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I don't really see why, in time, we wouldn't be able to use buildings based on neutral/enemy designs, so say a Titanic-themed tower or a Mogu-themed inn.
    Setting up my own mini-Ulduar would be beast, and now I'm kinda sad that it's never gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    There's some concept art of other modeled stuff that looks like it goes in a garrison shown here near the bottom: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ld-of-Warcraft

Not a whole lot to go on at the moment but I imagine it will be fantastic looking once we get to see more.
    If you're referring to http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW122.jpg then that's amazing. It looks like it really goes back to WC1-3 in my opinion. I can't tell without the textures and color, but I'm really hoping it's not a huge hunk of metal. That was great for Northrend and it seems fitting that they were able to upgrade their capital city, but the where the heck could the Horde possibly be getting that much metal to build every outpost out of it? They should have an architectural style that hearkens to the 1-3 days while being a bit more fortified than the outposts we saw in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post

That said, you could push for complete individuality for every race, but you might struggle with Human/Dwarf and Orc/Troll, as there isn't much unique architecture for the second in each.

I would have to disagree. While I don't think that it's necessary for all races to have their own style garrison (I think Gilneans are similar enough, despite having their own awesome feel, but NE could use their own for example), you could definitely differentiate between Human and Dwarf if you wanted.

Dwarf stronghold - http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...thOutpost.jpeg
    Dwarf towers - http://obsoletegamer.com/wp-content/.../dunbaldar.jpg
    Dwarf dwellings - http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Thelsamar.jpg

... Ok, so you'd probably want to build them into the side of a hill and also would need a lot more space as dwarf buildings tend to be huge.

Alternatively you could use wildhammer architecture - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wUc599cNlg...Thundermar.jpg
    Last edited by Esandarius; 2013-11-13 at 05:37 PM.

Wildhammer architecture is nice. I can see my garrison looking more like that, small village feel.

Deleted
    I am hoping on Warcraft 3 style horde buildings

Altar of Storms GET

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that they wont have race specific garrisons. Which is a pity because Belf have the best architecture in the game. That said, I rather get the alliance buildings over the fugly orc huts.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    I could really go for race-specific. My undead DK would feel a lot more at home in WotLK Forsaken architecture than an orcish burrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    They already said it will look like the warcraft 3/vanilla model. No more metal spikes.
    This makes me happy, after being disappointed that the Frostwolf buildings in Frostfire look more like the crappy Garrosh Metal and Spikes EVERYWHERE buildings, and not like the old wood/bone and hide buildings from warcraft 1 through Burning Crusade, which is what I would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    They already said it will look like the warcraft 3/vanilla model. No more metal spikes.
    Source on that? I am happy about this - it feels more correct for the current mindset of the Horde, it always rubbed me the wrong way how only one of the factions had a major capital city revamp, and generally speaking it looks way, way more threatening and sturdy than the Alliance-themed architecture.

I'm just curious where it was said to be sure.