Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde Garrison Buildings

I love idea of garrisons and I hope it will turn out fine, but so far we've been shown Alliance garrison, which looks fine but I'm not really intrested in.

So, what style of horde garrison buildings do You think it will be?
    Garrosh-like metal,fire,spikes or mabye return to more Thrall-esque stone,wood,leather'n'bones?

Or was it mentioned on blizzcon but I missed it?
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

Should be made of bones. Alliance bones.

I think it would be cool if it was unique to each race, but for the horde I'd go with the badass metal and spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I think it would be cool if it was unique to each race, but for the horde I'd go with the badass metal and spikes.
    Sounds comfortable!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Urgh. Enough of the rusty spikes. I want to relax in my garrison, not feel like I'm amid a war machine.

I vote Thunderbuff style buildings, but better, with less simplistic geometry.

Of course Silvermoon type buildings would be the best, but we all know that isn't going to happen because players insecure about their masculinity will cry like babies on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's some concept art of other modeled stuff that looks like it goes in a garrison shown here near the bottom: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ld-of-Warcraft

Not a whole lot to go on at the moment but I imagine it will be fantastic looking once we get to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

It will probably be dark grey like the Twilight Highlands hub fully upgraded. Start out as tribal and end up with dark grey walls and red roofs.

I hope that we will be able to choose from different kinds of buildings.

I don't really like the idea of building spiky huts as a blood elf or some sort of cottages as a draenei.

Especially when considering the fact that each race has their specific architecture style.

The horde version of garrisons will look like a barbie love shack all pink and fluffy cos the horde is full of girls, any faction that allows blood elf males isnt manly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping that it will be race specific, even better to have a choice of what style you want when you initially start construction!

Since there are already the model for the buildings for each race... probably they will be race based. I hope they will give us the possibility to select which "race style" building we want in our garrison.

Racial customisation would be ideal, but ambitious. Perhaps we'll just get different options for certain buildings, like Blood Elf Mage Towers, Orc Barracks, Goblin Mines, etc.

I thought they said they were looking into doing it by race. I really hope they do as like people have said above they already have the models in game so it would take all that much more work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they said they were looking into doing it by race
    They did mention that they would like to, but they where not working on that atm.

I really hope they will do that though, especially in the horde's case. Where the races are so different.

The alliance buildings are generic enough to be serviceable to all races, but on horde side you have much more disparate styles. I don't think a single style would be agreeable to all races.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We already know how it will look like, check out the latest housing models for the horde and there you go.

I think it could look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Urgh. Enough of the rusty spikes. I want to relax in my garrison, not feel like I'm amid a war machine.
    (...)
    That's how I feel, I'd prefer Thrall/Garadar style over that of Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    There's some concept art of other modeled stuff that looks like it goes in a garrison shown here near the bottom: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ld-of-Warcraft

Not a whole lot to go on at the moment but I imagine it will be fantastic looking once we get to see more.
    You mean this?

I could work with that

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiri View Post
    Since there are already the model for the buildings for each race... probably they will be race based. I hope they will give us the possibility to select which "race style" building we want in our garrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Racial customisation would be ideal, but ambitious. Perhaps we'll just get different options for certain buildings, like Blood Elf Mage Towers, Orc Barracks, Goblin Mines, etc.
    Could be, but I doubt it, I think that we will end up with Orc buildings for Horde and Human for Alliance (and I dont think its bad thing [unless we get Garrosh's Rusty Spikes])
    Last edited by Zerel; 2013-11-13 at 09:35 AM.
    Zerel the Insane

Maybe it's the pre-cata buildings as level 1 or level 2 and the cata metal and spikes buildings for level 3. So you can clearly see an improvement of the architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Maybe it's the pre-cata buildings as level 1 or level 2 and the cata metal and spikes buildings for level 3. So you can clearly see an improvement of the architecture.
    Thought about that too, hopefully its not or I'll be tempted to leave my Garrison on Tier 2 ;p
    Zerel the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    I love idea of garrisons and I hope it will turn out fine, but so far we've been shown Alliance garrison, which looks fine but I'm not really intrested in.

So, what style of horde garrison buildings do You think it will be?
    Garrosh-like metal,fire,spikes or mabye return to more Thrall-esque stone,wood,leather'n'bones?

Or was it mentioned on blizzcon but I missed it?
    They showed some pictures, they will remind alot of the buildings in Warcraft 1&2