Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    someone from mmochampion at blizzcon

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGrcdOyyRQ

    24:15

    haha thats cool who is that?

  2. #2
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    104
    haha nice, shes cute too
    ​ Everybody is 6'5", 300 pounds and can bench a truck. Keyboard warriors at their finest.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord .Nensec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    764
    She says her name

  4. #4

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,238
    She said her name. Kelesti, the (former?) mod with the Questionable Content-avatars. (unless there is another poster with a name that is pronounced Kelesti :P)

    Or am I completely off? Someone get her to reply to this thread!
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2013-11-13 at 11:20 AM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGrcdOyyRQ

    24:15
    haha thats cool who is that?
    You can link directly to the right time, too: http://youtu.be/FsGrcdOyyRQ?t=24m15s
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods people believe in, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

  7. #7
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,398
    At least she asked a decent-ish question. The rest were just stupid.

    Guy at 27:01 (two after her) didn't even know his own friggin server, and wanted a different coloured Evocation. Such time wasters. :|
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-11-13 at 11:28 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Sahad View Post
    gestures and facial expressions were weird. also its not a girl

    yeah i'm in doubt too... looks like he has a subtle mustache

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Sahad View Post
    gestures and facial expressions were weird. also its not a girl
    My best friend has identical mannerisms, so I find them endearing :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    She said her name. Kelesti, the (former?) mod with the Questionable Content-avatars. (unless there is another poster with a name that is pronounced Kelesti :P)

    Or am I completely off? Someone get her to reply to this thread!
    you're not off at all, that's her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    At least she asked a decent-ish question.
    i think it's been somewhat of a pet peeve of hers for quite a while^^

    @_@

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Sahad View Post
    gestures and facial expressions were weird. also its not a girl
    Pretty sure s/he ( I'm not too versed in the etiquette of transgender pronouns) isn't an "it" either.

  12. #12
    That would be Kelesti indeed!


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  13. #13
    >she

    yeah ok. Anyway cool I guess.

  14. #14
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Pretty sure s/he ( I'm not too versed in the etiquette of transgender pronouns) isn't an "it" either.
    To be fair he wasn't rude, he just wasn't polite. "Did you see that guy stealing the bike?" "It wasn't a guy, it was an old woman" Neither this example and I hope the previous poster, wasn't being disrespectful to the person they were talking about they were just using normal language. However I am with you in that far too many people enjoy using the word 'It' in the most distasteful way imaginable.

    However Kudos to the girl for getting up and talking when she must have realised who'd be watching/commenting and the things they may say. Plus she was either terrified or has a minor speech impediment, so double kudos and total respect to the lass.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Pretty sure s/he ( I'm not too versed in the etiquette of transgender pronouns) isn't an "it" either.
    no offense intended. i didnt identify the person as a "thing".

  16. #16
    It's pretty hard not to offend when you start saying "that person doesn't look like the gender they claim to be". Because that actually is offensive.
    If you don't mean offence you should probably keep that shit in your mouth where it belongs!
    She is a she by the way...

  17. #17
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's pretty hard not to offend when you start saying "that person doesn't look like the gender they claim to be". Because that actually is offensive.
    If you don't mean offence you should probably keep that shit in your mouth where it belongs!
    She is a she by the way...
    It's the internet, you aren't going to get people to not say things. I nearly did as well, but then I thought who the hell cares (well apparently others did, but yeah) - especially when you compare her to some of the other people who got up... My god...

    You know when "normal people" look at someone and can blatantly say "yeah he's the stereotype Warcraft player" (think Southpark)? Even I did that when I was watching the stream - and this is coming from a fat guy who's played WoW nearly half his life, so take that as you will.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-11-13 at 01:44 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's pretty hard not to offend when you start saying "that person doesn't look like the gender they claim to be". Because that actually is offensive.
    If you don't mean offence you should probably keep that shit in your mouth where it belongs!
    She is a she by the way...
    wrath of the internet people... i should have known you would come, reading too much into a comment and feel personally offended.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Pretty sure s/he ( I'm not too versed in the etiquette of transgender pronouns) isn't an "it" either.
    Etiquette of transgender pronouns isn't that difficult, really: does a person want to be called 'she'? Call her 'she'.
    If you're still not sure, go by what they present as (how they dress, what name they use for themselves, etc). Focusing on biological aspects outside of a person's control ('subtle mustache' was mentioned above) is kind of dickish.

    (Fun unrelated fact: 'Biological' women also have facial hair.)
    Last edited by Lynneiah; 2013-11-13 at 02:47 PM.

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Etiquette of transgender pronouns isn't that difficult, really: does a person want to be called 'she'? Call her 'she'.
    If you're still not sure, go by what they present as (how they dress, what name they use for themselves, etc). Focusing on biological aspects outside of a person's control ('subtle mustache' was mentioned above) is kind of dickish.
    I think it's confusing to say she when it's originally a he, in general. Means I don't know if it's a dude sounding like a girl or a girl sounding like a dude. You can only have 1 biological gender then you can have a... social gender I think. It hurts my brain anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •