Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think it's confusing to say she when it's originally a he, in general. Means I don't know if it's a dude sounding like a girl or a girl sounding like a dude. You can only have 1 biological gender then you can have a... social gender I think. It hurts my brain anyhow.
    The easy way to remember it is that unless you're that person's gynaecologist, there's no reason you need to keep their "biological" gender in mind at all, so you can safely forget it and then you have one easy thing to remember and your brain won't be overtaxed. Then you have room to remember the easy fact "if they call themselves a she, they are, and vice versa" as well.

Or just... cope? Like, remembering two things isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think it's confusing to say she when it's originally a he, in general. Means I don't know if it's a dude sounding like a girl or a girl sounding like a dude. You can only have 1 biological gender then you can have a... social gender I think. It hurts my brain anyhow.
    As a general rule of thumb: unless you're their doctor, their sexual partner, or the person themself, what's between their legs (biological sex) is fairly irrelevant and should largely be ignored.

But yes, the distinction between biological sex and social gender is indeed correct.

Yes that was Kelesti. Yes, Kelesti is female. No, we're not starting a thread about how to talk about those who are transgendered.

We'll leave it at that. Closed.