Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak? No more reforge.

So, what do people think is good ideas for the new change to be? Reforge is gone, and the mount is over 100k spent. What makes the mount still worth that kind of coin?

Some say personal banking. I don't personally think that is worth 100k to me. The Yakk was amazing as a raid ready reforge method. Reforging and balancing unneeded stats, especially for those with soft caps, it made the mount worth 100k for on the fly upgrades, and still having stats balanced.

What about a personal, and party portal system to any major city? But is this worth 100k? Would I have bought it with this? No. I've heard a personal AH. But if this is the path, I would never have bought one.

So the purpose of this thread is ideas of many interested in this topic. I can't come up with an idea worth the 100k and I would have spent that on the mount. Lets hear some ideas, and explain why you think it is a good change from Yakk, or at least worth it.

Being able to reforge was never worth that much unless you were super rich. You've had an expac use out of it, I assume it'll be changed to an xmog guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Was mentioned at Blizzon when one of the Devs sat with Kat Hunter (that her name?) and the dude and they started asking Twitter questions.

Said they had some ideas about what to do iirc, Xmog being one of the potential ones

Transmog still leaves me hanging. Why is the look of my gear so important that I need to trasmog on my mount? Reforging for those who were uptight about stat balancing at least made me think having the mount was a must have 100k mount. 100k for a vanity effect doesn't grip me. I enjoy raiding, and feel the fact of being able to hit a soft cap, and put stats into the now best secondary stat made it worth it to me to spend 100k.

What else will we have for a gold sink with Reforging gone?

The mount was exactly that, a gold sink. You got a novelty bonus of being able to reforge on the fly, which was often wasted unless you were optimistic enough to carry enchants and gems around with you as well.

Portable AH please...
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

We will always need gold sinks. Without them gold is even more meaningless. Is gold only for vanity? Reforging had a end game raiding use at the very least. There should be multiple ways to spend gold, and be happy. Blizz has shown the enjoyment of creating many ways to play this game and still have things to do in it. Not everyone agrees to what is fun in game. But, people still log in for their reasons. I feel removing reforging from WoW, and the mount removes a useful gold sink for end game raiding, and raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    The mount was exactly that, a gold sink. You got a novelty bonus of being able to reforge on the fly, which was often wasted unless you were optimistic enough to carry enchants and gems around with you as well.
    You could carry those in your g-bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    Portable AH please...
    This or transmog's

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm still holding out for the pan-dimensional star-yacht as a mount in WoD. Maybe a mini Tempest Keep with a full retinue of vendors on hand - Transmog, trade supplies, a repair vendor, heated forge, and maybe even bank access. All for the affordable price of 400K gold.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me glad I never wasted the money and stuck with my Tundra mammoth.

Item upgrade person (can't remember if item upgrades are staying or going)
    forge/anvil
    vendor for WoD version of spirits of harmony
    some guy that sits there and whips the yaks ass to make it run faster

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see one of the following:

1. Portable Transmog
    2. Portable Auction House
    3. Summoning Portal
    4. Portable Itemlevel Upgrades
    5. Town Portals
    6. Portable Mailbox
    7. Portable Bank

Although as an engineer with the Argent Pony, I already have a portable mailbox + bank + mailbox or bank, so #6 and #7 don't really interest me much.

I would kill for a portable auction house though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    My guild used it frequently to reforge between bosses when one of our healers would swap between dps/heals.

I thought it was originally supposed to have portable Transmog. That's definitely what I'd vote they change it to.

If I had to pick ONE thing, it'd be bank, since that is the most common reason for me to go back to town, and Blizz wants us out in the world.

If I had a perfect world, I would let you talk to a bunch of grummels who have different services and pick which one rides with you. There would be the AH grummel, the bank grummel, the mailbox grummel, the transmog grummel, etc.

I would also make it so you can only use some (not all) of these grummels if you own the grand expedition yak. Kind of how you can only use the AH robot if you are an engineer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    If I had to pick ONE thing, it'd be bank, since that is the most common reason for me to go back to town, and Blizz wants us out in the world.
    This was my main reason for making Jeeves as an ENG.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This was my main reason for making Jeeves as an ENG.
    Yes, but not all of my alts are an Engineer (Jeeves), did the Argent Tournament (squire/gruntling with pony), or is a goblin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the mount finally about 2 weeks before Blizzcon figuring with the reforger it was always going to be more useful then my Mammoth... >.<

I'm okay with it though, I wouldn't have bought it if I didn;t have the spare gold for it lying around. Since they'll be forced to change it my guess is Transmog is most likely. They allready emphatically said no to bank on the mount, which means AH is right out as well, so there's not much else that would be viable and still worth a spot over a normal vendor.

Transmog is at least handy when you get a new piece of gear. Gear should be pretty much wearable the minute you get it in WoD (with less enchants and less gem slots), so the only thing lacking with immediate wear is transmog. Noone wants to look like a clown anymore, even if this is TBC revisited.

I find myself thinking the fact of removing reforge is not good. Reforging served at least a purpose for those who were in the raiding scene. I find myself thinking will it now take me three, or four boss drops to balance my soft caps, and secondary stats? I remember hording three, four, or even five items before they were even useful, due to stat balancing back in Vanilla, BC, into wrath. Than I can use those three of four items? Sounds like the issue of the past all over again. Those issues of hording until you have the right balance of stats was a reason why they brought us reforging. With reforging we could balance stats, and not horde loot.

I really think the ideas of the what the Yakk NPC's should be are good. But, I never would pay 100k for an AH, transmog, or bank. Even the whole Jeeves being unique to get items from your bank if you are an engineer will become less unique. If Blizz likes these ideas, they could make other mounts, IMO. But, it is just that my opinion.