Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which spec do you play for each boss in SoO? Fury or Arms

I was wondering what spec you guys prefer for each boss in SoO? I have been playing the following specs per boss -

1. Heroic Immerseus = Fury with bladestorm
    2. Heroic Protectors = Arms
    3. Heroic Norushen = Fury with stormbolt
    4. Heroic Sha of Pride = Fury with bladestorm
    5. Heroic Galakras = Arms
    6. Heroic Iron Juggernaut = Fury with stormbolt
    7. Heroic Dark Shamans = Fury with bladestorm (this would depend mostly on which boss you are assigned to and the strat your guild uses)
    8. Heroic General Nazgrim = Fury with stormbolt
    9. Heroic Malkorok = Fury with bladestorm
    10. Heroic Spoils = Arms
    11. Normal Thok = Fury with stormbolt Heroic Thok = Fury with bladestorm
    12. Normal Siegecrafter = Fury with stormbolt
    13. Normal Paragons of Klaxxi = Fury with bladestorm
    14. Normal Garrosh = Arms

My guild is working on H Spoils on Monday so my question is regarding the spec I am playing for all our Heroic bosses so far. Do any of you guys use a different spec than the ones I am using for each boss? If so is it due to being able to do more damage/dps or due to what your raid leader is asking your class to do for that particular fight? I am also wondering if you use a different spec for heroic content on the Heroic bosses that we have not attempted yet? Do you find you get more damage/dps from using a different spec than what I am using?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury is good for any boss. I take Stormbolt for every boss. The exception would be Galakra where the ads can't be stunned, but it still has a use if you use on the proto-drakes/car/boss.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Fury is good for any boss. I take Stormbolt for every boss. The exception would be Galakra where the ads can't be stunned, but it still has a use if you use on the proto-drakes/car/boss.
    While Fury is good for every boss for sure, Arms is better for some bosses. I think his question aimed for who those bosses are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    While Fury is good for every boss for sure, Arms is better for some bosses. I think his question aimed for who those bosses are.
    Arms is better on Dark Shamans (if they are tanked next to each other), Gala and Spoils. Fury on everything else.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

I go Fury for every fight except Protectors, Galakras, and Spoils. Currently working on H Protectors though, not sure if Arms or Fury are better. Some pulls we get good cleave/splash damage, some pulls the bosses are a bit too far apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find fury better at this point that arms for spoils. Protectors and Galakras are made for arms, yes, but fury does have some benefits if you go to towers. For protectors, the single target burst comes in handy against the ads.

Deleted
    can I not go arms and not compete on the dps to fury on some bosses? i like the arms play style way more than fury

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your gear and raid's talent level. You may be able to compete single target if your raid has either sub-par DPS or people are playing sub-par specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Depends on your gear and raid's talent level. You may be able to compete single target if your raid has either sub-par DPS or people are playing sub-par specs.
    Well his question was can i compete with "fury", as in can I do as much damage as if I was fury.

To answer not really, Fury is well ahead of Arms in single target damage.

Deleted
    Arms on protectors, galakras and spoils, fury on the rest

Deleted
    Fury on everything except prot on shaman.

Normal: anything you feel happy with

Heroic: You can do well going fury on all fights, including spoils. If you want, you can do more AOE dps as arms on Galakras. That's probably the only fight you would want to go arms

Deleted
    fury on everything
    #fuckarms

Quote Originally Posted by xeek87 View Post
    fury on everything
    #fuckarms
    ^ what this guy said

Only going for Arms at Galakras and Spoils, rest fury (8/14 HC)

I don't go arms anywhere. Can't get myself to play that trainwreck of a spec.
    Is convenient though on spoils if you just started progressing.

1. Heroic Immerseus = Have to Tank
    2. Heroic Protectors = Fury with Stormbolt
    3. Heroic Norushen = Fury with Stormbolt
    4. Heroic Sha of Pride = Fury with Bladestorm
    5. Heroic Galakras = Fury with Bladestorm
    6. Heroic Iron Juggernaut = Fury with Stormbolt
    7. Heroic Dark Shamans = Have to Tank
    8. Heroic General Nazgrim = Fury with Stormbolt
    9. Heroic Malkorok = Fury with Stormbolt
    10. Heroic Spoils = Fury with Bladestorm
    11. Heroic Thok = Fury with Stormbolt / Bladestorm
    12. Heroic Siegecrafter = Fury with Stormbolt
    13. Heroic Paragons of Klaxxi = Fury with Stormbolt
    14. Normal Garrosh = Fury with Stormbolt

Why do you run Bladestorm on Paragons by the way? To cheese meters :P?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maisyz View Post
    13. Normal Paragons of Klaxxi = Fury with bladestorm
    14. Normal Garrosh = Arms
    Why? Meter padding?

Using Bladestorm on Paragons is wrong. Damaging non-kill bosses is pointless because they heal back to 100% when the focussed target dies.

Using Arms on Garrosh is good for Phase 1 but it is more beneficial to be Fury with Storm Bolt for Phase 2 and Phase 3 when doing max single target damage to the boss is paramount.

Considering your progression, you probably face roll these two bosses now so I guess it doesn't matter what spec YOU use. However, what does matter is presenting bad choices to warriors who are perhaps still struggling to kill these two bosses.
    Last edited by mmocc283eb7a98; 2013-11-15 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripscar View Post
    Why? Meter padding?

Using Bladestorm on Paragons is wrong. Damaging non-kill bosses is pointless because they heal back to 100% when the focussed target dies.
    Bladestorm on Paragons isn't padding, it does more Damage to the relevant target than Dragon Roar does.

Bladestorm is already close to Dragon Roar's damage in a completely single target fight, however the problem with Dragon Roar on paragons is that it will hit multiple targets. Dragon roar has a diminishing return mechanic where it does less damage to the main target the more mobs you hit, so the damage will be split and the damage you do on the relevant paragon will be really small and as you said yourself the damage on other targets can be ignored.
    As far as i remember dragonroar does only 65% of it's damage if you hit 3 targets which probably will always be the case on that fight.

Bladestorm however doesnt have this mechanic and does the same damage to the relevant target as if it was a completly singletarget fight.

Sure some people use bladestorm for padding and wait for parasites to spawn for more bladestorm damage or something like that, but if you just use it on cooldown after you used collossus smash it should yield higher single target damage on that fight than dragon roar does.
    Last edited by mmoc0b3907cfd9; 2013-11-15 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xeek87 View Post
    Bladestorm on Paragons isn't padding, it does more Damage to the relevant target than Dragon Roar does.

Bladestorm is already close to Dragon Roar's damage in a completely single target fight, however the problem with Dragon Roar on paragons is that it will hit multiple targets. Dragon roar has a diminishing return mechanic where it does less damage to the main target the more mobs you hit, so the damage will be split and the damage you do on the relevant paragon will be really small and as you said yourself the damage on other targets can be ignored.
    As far as i remember dragonroar does only 65% of it's damage if you hit 3 targets which probably will always be the case on that fight.

Bladestorm however doesnt have this mechanic and does the same damage to the relevant target as if it was a completly singletarget fight.

Sure some people use bladestorm for padding and wait for parasites to spawn for more bladestorm damage or something like that, but if you just use it on cooldown after you used collossus smash it should yield higher single target damage on that fight than dragon roar does.
    I disagree. From what I have read (I'm no theorycrafter), you should NOT be using Bladestorm (BS) after a Collossus Smash (CS) or to be more exact, BS should NOT be used in the CS debuff window. The CS debuff window should be saved for Raging Blow (RB) (and if specced into it, Storm Bolt (SB)). You also state that Dragon's Roar (DR) does less damage than BS because of the dimishing return mechanic. This may well be true for the actual attack but while BS is running you are not using or hitting the focussed target with any other abilities. Therefore, in my opinion, using BS on Paragons is a DPS loss in respect of doing damage to the focussed target only, but a DPS gain if you want to pad meters.

Maybe our friend, Darkfriend can clarify?