10+ Year Old Account

Congressional Approval Sinks to Record Low

Congressional Approval Sinks to Record Low

Obama's 41% doesn't look too shabby compared to that.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Not surprising. 535 people who can't make decisions for the benefit of the country but rather make decisions based on political necessity, at the detriment of the country.

Oh well, 2014 elections are about a year away and 468 of them will be up for election again. We'll see if anything changes between now and then.

Bad part about elections in the US though is that more often than not, we are voting not for the best candidate, but we are voting against the worst one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't put too much stock in Congressional approval numbers. Every district loves their guy and hates everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I don't put too much stock in Congressional approval numbers. Every district loves their guy and hates everyone else.
    Might start putting more stock. As of a month ago, 60% are saying "boot the lot of them". That number has probably risen since then.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Might start putting more stock. As of a month ago, 60% are saying "boot the lot of them". That number has probably risen since then.
    I'm in the 40% then. I'll be voting to reelect Al Franken next Nov.

Everyones politician is bad except their own. Which is why they all get reelected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Congress hasn't had a positive approval rating in the past 10 years. I'm in the "boot the lot of them" camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't be any higher than herpes or Ohio now

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.theonion.com/articles/how-congress-plans-to-boost-its-approval-rating,34363/
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It feels like congress and politicians in general are setting new records like they're going out of fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Not surprising. 535 people who can't make decisions for the benefit of the country but rather make decisions based on political necessity, at the detriment of the country.

Oh well, 2014 elections are about a year away and 468 of them will be up for election again. We'll see if anything changes between now and then.

Bad part about elections in the US though is that more often than not, we are voting not for the best candidate, but we are voting against the worst one.
    It's voting for the lesser of 2 evils unforunately. I think that's why more and more people aren't voting.