Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Hello everyone, my name is Lumicide. "Hello Lumicide." I've been playing WoW off and on since Vanilla, but I've been clean for about 9 months. ::audience claps::

Now that we've gotten that worthless, "proof that my opinions actually carry some merit, because seniority", introduction out of the way. Let's get onto how I think.

To those who say: "And it won't grow, anyone who expects it to grow outside of the usual new expansion spurt are deluded, slowing or stopping decline is the only thing blizzard can do now"

I don't think it's delusional to think that it's 'possible' to grow WoW. Not with the way they're headed, no chance in hell; but it's certainly possible to get this train rolling again.

It may require the use of "Crazy Ideas™"

• Crazy idea #1: Convenience, who needs it? This stuff is all about avoiding human contact, in a genre were the social thing is pretty much its core feature. (i.e. LFD, LFR, Flex, X-Server gameplay, arguably even flying)
    • Crazy idea #2: Lean how to say "No." (i.e. "I want combat pet for my frost mage." "No."; "Hit/Exp/Block/Dodge/Parry aren't fun" "No"; "I didn't like what dropped, it was useless to us" "DE it (see: No)")
    • Crazy idea #3: Aggressive merging of servers, and faction quotas. Get stuff equal, and keep it there. ("But I like my dustbowl/overpopulated mess/My carebear 95:1 "PvP" server", "No.")
    • Crazy idea #4: Prune content. Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, make so little sense the second a new expansion hits. This has to be kept up to date, interesting, 'and fun'. For both new 'and' old players.
    • Crazy idea #5: "I don't have the time" "Sorry" (see: No)*
    • Crazy idea #6: Convenience, we need it. Resil is just a stupid stat, look... I used to be pretty hardcore, but I was never hardcore enough to have sufficient PvP gear 'and' good PvE gear at the same time. This crap has to be balanced and usable for both arenas (no pun intended). Regents for spells? Damn am I glad that's gone.
    • Crazy idea #7: (///warning///crazy overload///warning///) Server wipes once every few-ish years, and full redo of 1-Max leveling content.**

*Call me crazy, I'd rather not have the time for a great game, than have the time for a mediocre one.
    **As much as SW:TOR offered damn near nothing new, lvl 1-16 Sith Inquisitor was really quite enjoyable. Shame the more character oriented questing was just front-loaded content. The world story was just dull (and so were the "good guys" in general, no color).
    Last edited by Lumicide; 2013-11-18 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Players 'growing up' will account for why some players get bored of Wow, or grow out of Wow. But it has nothing to do with what the OP is pointing out... hes saying that too many players have come to Wow and are changing the game into a game they want.
    The realization that this happens all the time, and not just in video games, is a major milestone in growing up. As a kid I was told (by MTV themselves no less) to demand, "I want my MTV!" The day that Jesse Camp won the "Wanna be a VJ" contest I realized it was no longer my MTV. Now I don't think they even play music. Instead they have shows like, "Admire this Bad Teen Mom" and "Check Out These Spoiled Brats." I can't even sit through trailers for those shows on other channels, let along bring myself to actually switch my channel over to MTV. Sometimes we just have to accept that we've outgrown aspects of our life or even that they've outgrown us.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Hes making the specific point that they obviously are not fans of the RPG MMO Genre so why are they even playing Wow in the first place?
    RPG and MMO have many aspects to them. Most raiders I know don't role play. By your logic they are not fans and should quit. Obviously these players like something about the game or they wouldn't bother to request tweaks. Just because you don't like others' preferences doesn't give you the right, let alone the ability, to keep them out of "your" game. If you're not a fan of the game as Blizzard has currently implemented it you're free to leave. Ironically the group of players I see arguing against LFR the most on this forum (i.e. raiders) are the ones who were catered to the most in this expansion. There's just no pleasing some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    The realization that this happens all the time, and not just in video games, is a major milestone in growing up. As a kid I was told (by MTV themselves no less) to demand, "I want my MTV!" The day that Jesse Camp won the "Wanna be a VJ" contest I realized it was no longer my MTV. Now I don't think they even play music. Instead they have shows like, "Admire this Bad Teen Mom" and "Check Out These Spoiled Brats." I can't even sit through trailers for those shows on other channels, let along bring myself to actually switch my channel over to MTV. Sometimes we just have to accept that we've outgrown aspects of our life or even that they've outgrown us.

RPG and MMO have many aspects to them. Most raiders I know don't role play. By your logic they are not fans and should quit. Obviously these players like something about the game or they wouldn't bother to request tweaks. Just because you don't like others' preferences doesn't give you the right, let alone the ability, to keep them out of "your" game. If you're not a fan of the game as Blizzard has currently implemented it you're free to leave. Ironically the group of players I see arguing against LFR the most on this forum (i.e. raiders) are the ones who were catered to the most in this expansion. There's just no pleasing some people.
    A nice dose of reality here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    And it won't grow, anyone who expects it to grow outside of the usual new expansion spurt are deluded, slowing or stopping decline is the only thing blizzard can do now.
    so it goes, so it goes...

and is this not the fate all things that live, grow old and die?

WoW is like 60 years old in video-game years, it's all down hill at this age, if it can make it 100 video-game years of age its birthdays will be announced on NBC morning news.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!