Deleted

Tanking gear will have Armor as a tanking stat after Dodge and Parry are gone.

goodbye Riposte?

in b4 "adds 75% of your armor as crit rating after successfully backflipping in to a pool of molten lava"

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt like riposte was a temporary fix thrown in to give DKs/Warriors some better DPS so I feel like they will throw us a few upgrades and we will be fine. Anyways I think for next xpac tank DPS is going to be a whole lot less.

Riposte was just a baid-aid fix for low warrior/blood DPS anyway. The SoB is what made dodge/parry good stats again. Both mechanics will still be in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were implemented with more of an active component to them. Armor FEELS like a tank stat anyway, and just fits much better with a plate wearer. If only it reduced magic damage too......

I wouldn't tinker about classmechanics of a game which isn't in it's Alpha-stage. Take a look during the beta, till then, enjoy whatever you enjoy.

They should just put defense rating back in. That made sense the first time, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative View Post
    I felt like riposte was a temporary fix thrown in to give DKs/Warriors some better DPS so I feel like they will throw us a few upgrades and we will be fine. Anyways I think for next xpac tank DPS is going to be a whole lot less.
    I think so, too.

This stinks of blizzard shitty design to me.

First they come out and say your gear will change primary stats based on the spec you're in and they're removing parry, stam, hit, and expertise from gear. So essentially it would appear like you could fill any role (your class is capable of) with the same gear. Then they add oh by the way, adding armor as a tanking stat now, so you'll still have dedicated tank gear and it defeats the whole purpose.

Without this bonus armor stat, it was looking like for once plate tanks could dps and tank in the same gear in a similar manner to how druids and monks can. But WITH this bonus armor garbage, it looks like they're not only frying that idea, but also going to fry monks/druids from being as effective in the same gear as they already are.

Only way around it would be having some of your stats convert to armor when it tank spec. Which seems like a possibility and would be nice. Some friends and I were discussing the whole spirit situation. Spirit atm provides hit so it isn't completely useless for dps, but after hit is no longer a thing, and spirit will be more mandatory than ever for healing, I wonder how that will be addressed with the "gear changes based on spec' deal. They'd just about half to convert one of the secondary stats to spirit or a % of all secondaries to spirit. Wonder if armor or any other kind of dedicated tank stat would work the same way? If so it would be ideal. Would be fantastic to be able to tank, dps, and heal with just one set of gear instead of wasting mountains of bag space like you have to right now.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    This stinks of blizzard shitty design to me.

First they come out and say your gear will change primary stats based on the spec you're in and they're removing parry, stam, hit, and expertise from gear. So essentially it would appear like you could fill any role (your class is capable of) with the same gear. Then they add oh by the way, adding armor as a tanking stat now, so you'll still have dedicated tank gear and it defeats the whole purpose.

Without this bonus armor stat, it was looking like for once plate tanks could dps and tank in the same gear in a similar manner to how druids and monks can. But WITH this bonus armor garbage, it looks like they're not only frying that idea, but also going to fry monks/druids from being as effective in the same gear as they already are.

Only way around it would be having some of your stats convert to armor when it tank spec. Which seems like a possibility and would be nice. Some friends and I were discussing the whole spirit situation. Spirit atm provides hit so it isn't completely useless for dps, but after hit is no longer a thing, and spirit will be more mandatory than ever for healing, I wonder how that will be addressed with the "gear changes based on spec' deal. They'd just about half to convert one of the secondary stats to spirit or a % of all secondaries to spirit. Wonder if armor or any other kind of dedicated tank stat would work the same way? If so it would be ideal. Would be fantastic to be able to tank, dps, and heal with just one set of gear instead of wasting mountains of bag space like you have to right now.
    Calm down, it's not as dire as you think.

I was at Blizzcon, and actually listened intently when they mentioned bringing armor back to tanking gear. What was actually said was this: armor will be a stat you see on SOME gear like rings and amulets. It was pretty clear to me that you would not be able to stack armor on every non-plate piece of gear. Yes, it'll be good to get that gear, but there are plenty of fights where bonus armor is a much worse stat than those that work with active mitigation.