How do you manage reck + banner with Galakras?

How do you manage reck + banner with Galakras trinket?

1) Do you consider banner a personal or a raid cd?
    2) Do you use reck on cd?
    3) Do you use reck alligned with colossus smash on cd?
    4) Do you wait reck to acompany it with banner?
    5) How does skeer trinket + galakras affect your playstyle regarding banner + reck?

EDIT: For clarification I am referring to Galakras trinket - NOT boss!
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2013-11-14 at 02:45 AM.

1) Up to your raid
    2) Mostly, delaying for trinkets or a <20% execute nuke.
    3) Everything should always be aligned with CS unless its with bladestorm for aoe
    4) If possible, Reck and banner should be used together; if the fight is long enough for you to get more Recks than Banners (3 and 2 for example); then save banner for your biggest burst of damage, usually the <20% execute nuke.
    5) Mostly ignore Skeer, its not a very good trinket compared to Gala/Thok and should be replaced as able.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    1) Up to your raid
    2) Mostly, delaying for trinkets or a <20% execute nuke.
    3) Everything should always be aligned with CS unless its with bladestorm for aoe
    4) If possible, Reck and banner should be used together; if the fight is long enough for you to get more Recks than Banners (3 and 2 for example); then save banner for your biggest burst of damage, usually the <20% execute nuke.
    5) Mostly ignore Skeer, its not a very good trinket compared to Gala/Thok and should be replaced as able.
    cheers

regarding skeer (i've been extremely unlucky with thok trinket) how would it affect your playstyle?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    cheers

regarding skeer (i've been extremely unlucky with thok trinket) how would it affect your playstyle?
    Skeer is not a good trinket. The problem is that it's unreliable crit due to the RPPM mechanic. and because it's unreliable, you can and should not gear for it, especially since it's also a stacking trinket. in addition, you already have so much crit that it's likely to crit cap you, especially since RB and OP both have an increased crit rate. You should not try and adapt your playstyle for it, because there is not much use for the extra crit. you don't want to crit for the attack damage, you want to crit for the extra enrages, which gives you rage, bonus damage and extra attacks. but since the attack that causes the enrage already has bonus crit chance and already crits for 75% of the time or more, adjusting your playstyle is not needed.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2013-11-13 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Skeer is not a good trinket. The problem is that it's unreliable crit due to the RPPM mechanic. and because it's unreliable, you can and should not gear for it, especially since it's also a stacking trinket. in addition, you already have so much crit that it's likely to crit cap you, especially since RB and OP both have an increased crit rate. You should not try and adapt your playstyle for it, because there is not much use for the extra crit. you don't want to crit for the attack damage, you want to crit for the extra enrages, which gives you rage, bonus damage and extra attacks. but since the attack that causes the enrage already has bonus crit chance and already crits for 75% of the time or more, adjusting your playstyle is not needed.
    Wouldnt it be better than a ToT trinket though? I am not dumb. I can understand the mechanics behind my warrior. Excessing crit, how bloodthirst works etc.

For example one piece of advice I could get, would be since It always procs on the pull I could delay recklesness for the duration of skeer. Perhaps I could expand it further to "always pop reck after skeer" because chances are it is not going to proc again in the next 10 seconds. That sort of advice I am after - not that skeer is bad because it makes me exceed crit soft or hard cap.

Yes it is better and yes you could do that. I never bothered but again I only used Skeers for a week before I ditched it!

Thing is it really depends on how much Crit you have before the proc, and how long you want to delay your crap. Skeers is only really powerful a few seconds into the proc (obv once it starts stacking up). By that time you may have run out part of your potion, procs, other trinkets, etc. I kind of doubt how much its worth the wait.
    Consider you have 30% crit rating, Reck is only another 30%; so that's still only 60% Crit. Skeers on top of that is definitely not a waste. I now have about 50% crit, so yeah Skeers may be somewhat wasted on me at high stacks. Also remember Reck only effects your special attacks while Skeers will help your auto attacks deal more damage.

I think the benefit you would see, if any, is very minor. I personally would be "lazy" and simply pop my CD's at start/when trinkets proc and not worry too much about staggering Skeers and Reck. In the same manner that I was lazy in T15 about macro'ing Skull Banner and Recklessness together. 1 GCD of Reck wasted on Dragon Roar is more than worth the tradeoff of one less button to press (and timing to watch).

just for clarification I have around 45% crit raid buffed

Skeer is not bad for Arms though, due to how slam triumphs every other warriors skill on AoE (except occasional bladestorm) or even single target. Since Galakras is a fight where you can play either spec (Fury/Arms) due to multitarget, the trinket isn't fully useless and it really amplifies bladestorm and AoE in general, it's like having double recklessness tbh. When I've been lucky with stable procs, I've seen +30k dps parses compared to the "BiS" 2 trinket set even on single target.

The cooldown reduction trinket again feels kinda useless for Arms due to low proc duration uptime + slam's need to crit in order to do any damage. Having less than 20s taken out of bloodbath CD doesn't make up for it. I mean, you can only do 6 "warrior globals" inside the bad 10s proc and if the colossus just isn't available due to bad rng, you just kinda wasted the proc until next minute.

For Fury it does wonders though, since stable colossus rotations can make it easier to time when it's time to hit it all without ever delaying your procs that much. Skeer again makes stormbolt go unsynched without the eye, so it kinda only works well for Burst AoE role when playing as Fury.

AoE or not you shouldn't use Skeers over EEoG+Thoks for Fury. The proc is simply unreliable and EEoG is very good for AoE considering how powerful Furys Bladestorm is. Plus synergy with more CD's. Thoks likewise is very powerful for Fury AoE for the same reasons it is so good ST.

For Galakras, I would go FFC + Evil Eye. I keep my CDs aligned for simplicity.. I pop them with Bladestorm And BB and finally again at execute phase.

Deleted
    Reck on CD, align banner with raid's 3min CDs. Wait for galakras proc if ICD remaining <10sec or so before using reck. And of course colossus smash.