Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    With Flex available, it's clearly obvious people who are not skilled enough love LFR

    You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.

  2. #2
    Your thoughts are so valuable.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.
    God I can't wait to see how fast this thread gets shut down.

  4. #4
    i use lfr because of how easy it is, queue up, afk for 30 mins as dps, find a group, zzz tunnel fest my way through to cheap epics on alts.
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  5. #5
    Or the server died and its difficult as hell to assemble people to raid and to find the time since some people have lives,i.e. work, kids, house, honey-do list which is always freaking long,etc.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buildin' a sentry!
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.
    I was doing ICC10, and LFR is still preferable for me.

    Make up another excuse.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,357
    What does this have to do with WoD general discussion?

  8. #8
    Does flex still require a group? Yes? Then it changes nothing, and raid finder is still good for people who have no interest in that kind of thing.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    God I can't wait to see how fast this thread gets shut down.
    Yep. This won't last long.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Does flex still require a group? Yes? Then it changes nothing, and raid finder is still good for people who have no interest in that kind of thing.
    you prob shouldn't be playing an MMORPG then

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Tarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    i use lfr because of how easy it is, queue up, afk for 30 mins as dps, find a group, zzz tunnel fest my way through to cheap epics on alts.
    I think you mean queue up, afk for 30mins or so, return and marvel at all the loot you have, amirite?
    Playing: WoW (11/14HC), BF3
    PC: i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz // GTX 780 // 16GB DDR3 // 750GB Samsung 840 EVO // 3x 27" 1440p
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it. - H. Ford

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.
    You should get your eyes checked then.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    you prob shouldn't be playing an MMORPG then
    Blizzard disagrees.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    you prob shouldn't be playing an MMORPG then
    I will play what I please, and apparently Blizzard disagrees with you on what is required in an MMO.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    You can easily see the content with Flex now. As I see it, the only reason people like LFR is because they are not skilled enough for flex.
    You've clearly fooled yourself into thinking flex takes some skill. Flex takes a pre-made group, it's just as faceroll as LFR.

  16. #16
    Hmm, Are you running full on PUGs of FLEX ? Because I'm coming across a lot of LFR like players in FLEX and it seems half the time they are the raid leaders. Lots of wipes on Shamans, Naz, Spoils, Thok, and Siege and Garrosh. With lots of folks screaming don't go over 14!!!11!!! We'll get 25man mechanics!!! yet no one can tell me what changes actually happen.

    But even if your point is true. So what ? GC said LFR was for people who didn't\never raided, so I wouldn't expect them to very good. So what if they stick with LFR because they can't do FLEX. The majority of the player base that does flex can't do Normals, The majority of Normals can't clear heroics....You see they have different difficulties for a reason.

  17. #17
    Would do Flex if I could que for it, simple as that.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,357
    I don't like people, having left my guild a few years back I potter around with a few friends, mostly solo, have so far only done the first 2 wings of Flex with a few guys from these forums. I like LFR for my main and my alts.

    Have been raiding since TBC, cleared all but sunwell, raided hard/heroic modes during WotLK, then toned it down to only raiding periodically when I felt like it during Cata and pretty much only used LFR in MoP.

    I wouldn't say I was the best of raiders, but good enough to be pushing through normal or even heroic still.

    Why is it that the only people that whine about LFR are the ones who have no reason nor desire to even go into it?

    I don't make threads about removing pvp or heroic mode raids, yet there's always a hundred threads on LFR >.>

  19. #19
    Because blanket statements are always valuable to conversations.

    Flex still requires a premade group or using an addon to find a group. Not everyone has the resources or desire to go to those lengths to find a raid. For some it may be a skill problem, sure. But applying a blanket statement (especially an inflammatory one) brings no value to discussion.

  20. #20
    I hadn't really thought about it before, but I have to agree. The reality is, and this is especially true for DPS who suffer longer queue times, more often than not you can find a group for a flex wing using openraid MUCH faster than sitting in that same wings' LFR queue.

    The whole "my server is dead" doesn't apply, flex is cross realm, and openraid is stupid-easy to use. The whole "I have a life" (this has always been a laughable "excuse") thing doesn't apply, because as stated, generally for a DPS at least, you can find a group in openraid faster. Side note, I love the people who always say "I can't do it, I have a life", news flash, you're probably just bad. People who throw this "excuse" around generally seem to think the only people who manage to raid have no life. The audacity and stupidity in that notion is quite amusing.

    Lastly, I 100% agree with Kezzik. If your whole reason for not doing things like flex is that it requires a group, you really shouldn't be playing an MMORPG. That's the whole point of the MM part, massively multi-player. Why are you playing a game built on the idea of social interaction, if you hate interacting with other people? I'm not trolling, it's a serious question. There are a ton of single player RPG games out there that offer an amazing solo experience. Wouldn't that be more to your liking if you can't stand other people?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •