Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Future of the Store

Let us all take a look at the front page and examine the icons over there. There are Icons for the following things:

Armor
    Bag
    Book
    Clothes
    Enchant Scroll
    Featured
    Food
    Free
    Hot
    Key
    Misc
    Mounts
    Pets
    Placeholder
    Sale
    Scroll
    Services
    Ticket
    Toys
    Weapons
    WoW

The bold ones are the current ones we have. blizz always features their new stuff and sometimes they offer them for half price or something, they are nothing new.

But what intrigues me are the variety of other stuff, and the "Free" category.

Toys, Bags, Books, Clothes, Enchants, Scrolls, Weapons, it seems blizzard is gonna start offering much more diverse goods in the store.

At the same time, the Free category makes me wonder what will be free. will they make new stuff for free to get you to browse the store and see the paid stuff? or will they just turn the older goods into free stuff from time to time (maybe for a limited time)?

At the same time, what are those keys? are they CD-keys? are we gonna be able to buy new games from within the game?

Personally I love the store and I don't understand why people complain so much about a few paid features that offer you no in-game advantage ever except for good looks and maybe some time saving in the future (if they start selling level 90 boosts). It's not like not having a bat mount will keep you away from killing heroic garrosh.

Also: what is the difference between "armor" and "clothes" supposed to be? lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at a point where I'm afraid to look at the store because I have a bad habit of spending monies. At this point I'm beginning to be against the idea of an in-game store. I think one reason I've always liked WoW is because outside of mounts/pets you couldn't buy anything that helped in game. Nothing. You had to earn everything on your own merits.

Key = probably pay to unlock this feature.

Deleted
    keys to open lockboxes that will drop off random mobs in the world, you will buy the keys with real money, they will put some rare mount/pets inside the lockbox but with a really low %chance to make people buy them, this is what some F2p games do and it makes them alot of money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    keys to open lockboxes that will drop off random mobs in the world, you will buy the keys with real money, they will put some rare mount/pets inside the lockbox but with a really low %chance to make people buy them, this is what some F2p games do and it makes them alot of money
    Basically this is what is doing GW2 to scam new players.

So many icons.

Too many icons.

Cash shop ruined gw2. Fucktards are buying tons of stupid vanity items with $$$ to the point that it's way better for Anet to add stuff in the shop rather than creating content/xpac.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ell_a_pack_of/

Really sad. And those icons......
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-11-14 at 03:29 AM.

Hopefully all of the best looking gear and weapons don't end up in the item store. That's the only concern I have really.

RIFT does this. It mucks up the value of certain things a lot too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What got me was the food, enchants and bags they have icons for. Everything else listed could potentially have vanity to them but these 3.....other than special weapon glows these cannot have vanity to them.

Food is one of those things where can get a little expensive to buy, why not take the professions completely out of the mix and just sell the food for a monetary value? Enchants pretty much the same thing unless they have store only special effect enchants which is just a way for them to put less effort into the enchants ingame and make everything cool from the store. And then there's bags....the thing they continuously say they do not want to increase the size of, well what better way to do that than make people pay for size increases since peoples banks won't be full of tabards/vanity items anymore?

A lot of this just seems to be taking the lazy way out and limit artist work to putting the better looking things on their store where they can make money. There is no "Asia only" to any of this when they have flat out said they will sell lvl 90 characters if people want them and they said that to everyone. Why would they limit anything to Asia anymore when by selling characters they take out the biggest part of the game which is the leveling process? If the leveling process means nothing anymore than why should anything else?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Hopefully all of the best looking gear and weapons don't end up in the item store. That's the only concern I have really.
    Given the best mounts already do, and pets, It's safe to say they will. Unfortunately a subscription appears not enough to satisfy them anymore, and Cash Shop is there way of milking idiots willing to buy this stuff.

Eventually I expect the Store to contain unique armor sets for Transmog, maybe even items, Garrison Upgrades to the point where you can buy level 100's with Full Tier Gears. On the mindset 'so you can play with friends' or something like that. It's only a matter of time.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    if they put in replica pvp weapons on the store

Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Given the best mounts already do, and pets, It's safe to say they will. Unfortunately a subscription appears not enough to satisfy them anymore, and Cash Shop is there way of milking idiots willing to buy this stuff.

Eventually I expect the Store to contain unique armor sets for Transmog, maybe even items, Garrison Upgrades to the point where you can buy level 100's with Full Tier Gears. On the mindset 'so you can play with friends' or something like that. It's only a matter of time.
    Sky Golem isn't in there.

Neither is my Icebound Drake.

Pfft.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Sky Golem isn't in there.

Neither is my Icebound Drake.

Pfft.
    The Faerie Dragon is going there. The Horde Bat that so many players wanted went there. That Chromatic Dragon went there. The Stormcrow will probably go there.
    Also the Sky Golem flies like it's drunk.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    You got that idea straight from Star Trek Online? lol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if I would say "best" exactly even though they have said the fey dragon will be on there and that thing took more artist effort than 99% of the mounts ingame. I would definitely say that they put more value on the mounts that they can sell for money though, hell most of the mounts in the last few patches have been nothing more than reskins where as they put this unique thing only on the store.

What gets me everytime is as a mount collector seeing them continuously put more effort into every single other mount they make including store mounts and just give mount collectors an achievement mount that is literally nothing more than a reskin or recolor. Mount collectors, the people who put more time into their collections than the vast majority of people playing the game do with anything else, and yet we get the shit end of the stick over even store mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

Also: what is the difference between "armor" and "clothes" supposed to be? lol
    Armor as in shit with stats and clothes for the other slots without I'd suppose.
    Well depending on what it will offer in the west I guess it may be time to move on from this shit.
    The Faerie Dragon is going there. The Horde Bat that so many players wanted went there. That Chromatic Dragon went there. The Stormcrow will probably go there.
    Also the Sky Golem flies like it's drunk.
    Well as usual a lot of that is decided by personal taste - I definitely would agree though that in the latest time a lot of good mounts appeared on the shop and a lot of meh mounts end up being attainable by in game means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You got that idea straight from Star Trek Online? lol
    Alot of games do it

That is gambling, and would mean that the Blizzard Store would not be able to sell those items in certain countries (quite a lot of Europe) under online-gambling laws. You can't even take part in RAF or Blizzard competitions in those countries. That is a legal black hole I don't think Blizzard's lawyers would let them go anywhere near.

Personally if he start to sell real gear like raiding gear or pvp gear sry blizz but fck u i leave game i play since vannilla so 9 years and no thx i wont pay to play + pay to be good . ok lvl 90 one shot i dont care i can lvl if i dont want to pay but gear is a big thing different...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think clothes will be transmog sets. Not armor because there would be no stats, it could just be mogged. As least I hope that is what it is. One of the only things I like about f2p games are the amazing clothes the characters can wear.

Personally I couldn't care less about the store. As long as it is entirely vanity items, that is fine with me. The only downside to that is we are paying a sub, so why not introduce a way to get the items in game? F2P charge money for that stuff because there is no sub fee. By Blizz offering similar deals is like having their cake and eating it to. You can't have a sub model, with f2p aspects. The pets and mounts are one thing, but boosts, and items that help you along the way....that is pushing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That is gambling, and would mean that the Blizzard Store would not be able to sell those items in certain countries (quite a lot of Europe) under online-gambling laws. You can't even take part in RAF or Blizzard competitions in those countries. That is a legal black hole I don't think Blizzard's lawyers would let them go anywhere near.
    If STO can do it in Europe, why can't Blizzard?