Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll level my main but that's it. I'm sure there will be some great PS4 games to play until 6.3 comes out and I'll LFR to catch up. You don't really think Blizz is gonna give us major content patches quickly right? I'm thinking 7-8 months of no flight. No, thank you.

Been playing since vanilla without a lapse in sub since the feb since original launch. Once my sub ends in January Im just gonna be done then. No flying at max level for absolutely no reason makes no sense. Delaying it til 6.1 is just 2-3 months wasted time for no reason at all other than to cater to a few cry babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    That's still not really a point though, because any benefit is gone the second you allow it. It's a small time window where content will be experienced exactly how Blizzard wants it. And then they allow it and all their careful planning is gone, so it really serves no point to begin with.
    This is why they should just implement servers where they restrict flying since that will cater to these people who just cant stand convenience and allow us, who actually are capable of deciding how to experience our 800th trip to dread wastes, the way we want.

For everyone complaining about not being able to use this utterly trivialising mechanism (which should never have been introduced in the first place), I have to wonder why you even play the game if you are in such a rush to get through it. Make no mistakes, flying mount take away a lot of scale and danger from the environments you move through. The ability to simply skip fighting your way to the next area if there or mobs in your path absolutely trivialises the content. This exactly why GW2 doesn't even have land mounts, even the ability to speed through areas enables you to avoid combat in many cases. Avoiding combat is essentially equal to avoiding gameplay.

It's good news that flying will be turned off until the first patch, because it means people have to actually ride around on the ground and (the horror) occasionally fight mobs. If this sort of thing bothers you why do you even play? Personally I'd say turn them off until the end of the expansion, but we can't all have our own way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I participated in that app beta but eventually had to uninstall cause it kept messing with my WoW. Now I haven't gotten a beta invite. I'm pretty pissed.
    I haven't received a beta key yet and I've been using the desktop app for over a month now. Wait and see, I guess. Let me know if you get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Hahaha, people are actually talking about quitting over not being able to fly and avoid everything? Talk about spoiled. Man up and face the world.

I love their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Instead of pointlessly limiting flying they should design zones around flying but they are too narrowminded/lazy to do so.
    Dumb. Are you suggestion an entire expansion like Vash? There we couldn't use flying mounts. Or maybe an entire zone that is cave, that way we couldn't mount, fly 50 yards into the air, num lock and alt tab.

To all of the people who say they are quitting the game because they can't use flying mounts; peace. The game will be better without you LFR Heroes complaining.

Everyone pissed about not flying must not have played vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Hahaha, people are actually talking about quitting over not being able to fly and avoid everything? Talk about spoiled. Man up and face the world.
    I feel like I've read this. Like 100 times. Literally - dictionary-definition of literally - 100 times.

Blizzard's making a ton of bold decisions. Good for them. I...I hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    I'm sorry you took the easy way out and instead of pushing yourself to experience the zone the way you enjoyed it you would rather have us all be forced into no flying so that we can experience it the way YOU liked it and could still experience it without this new change... What in that argument makes sense? If you want to not fly so you can get the same experience of enemies everywhere... then don't fly... don't cut our legs off because you prefer to sit.
    What he meant to say was when 90 hits blizzard puts a gun to your head and tells you you're not allowed to use ground mounts anymore, you have to fly now. That really pissed him off, now the gun is pointed at those who wanted to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Funny how non-flying can be game-breaking for some people. There will still be flight-paths and all that. People are so obsessed with efficiency rather than trying to enjoy the game nowdays.
    If by enjoying you mean swimming through an ocean of mobs whose sole purpose is nothing more than to annoy and daze the everliving shit out of us at max level. Then yeah, we're missing that so much. No flying while was leveling is fine. Not great, but passable. No flying for like 2 months after you hit level cap? Fuck them.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by mmoscreenshotproof View Post
    Been playing since vanilla without a lapse in sub since the feb since original launch. Once my sub ends in January Im just gonna be done then. No flying at max level for absolutely no reason makes no sense. Delaying it til 6.1 is just 2-3 months wasted time for no reason at all other than to cater to a few cry babies.
    The people crying calling others cry babies? Makes sense.

So much whining...

Why are people throwing a hissyfit here? what's different? e.g. in WotLK, you could not use your flying mount while flying either, nut until you reached level 77 at least - How is this new? I think every expansion beside Cataclysm did similar stuff. Do you not understand that, if, say, you level up to 100 in a single week, that'll be the only week when you won't be able to fly on that character in Draenor? Nobody's taking your mounts and even in Draenor, as soon as you hit 100, you'll get their use again without the need to wait for a patch, be it a major or a minor one

So, in the end, in my humble opinion, if this is a dealbreaker for you - you weren't serious to begin with and tend to whine for the sake of whining

"We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100" - How is this difficult to read? no flying while leveling, nothing said about endgame, you get your shiny dragon back at 100
    Last edited by agamedes; 2013-11-14 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Is it difficult to read on the third line of the blue post?

Quote Originally Posted by RumlyD View Post
    For everyone complaining about not being able to use this utterly trivialising mechanism (which should never have been introduced in the first place), I have to wonder why you even play the game if you are in such a rush to get through it. Make no mistakes, flying mount take away a lot of scale and danger from the environments you move through. The ability to simply skip fighting your way to the next area if there or mobs in your path absolutely trivialises the content. This exactly why GW2 doesn't even have land mounts, even the ability to speed through areas enables you to avoid combat in many cases. Avoiding combat is essentially equal to avoiding gameplay.

It's good news that flying will be turned off until the first patch, because it means people have to actually ride around on the ground and (the horror) occasionally fight mobs. If this sort of thing bothers you why do you even play? Personally I'd say turn them off until the end of the expansion, but we can't all have our own way.
    Why do you keep assuming we are upset about leveling? I could care less about flying through leveling that's how every expansion except cata has worked. What we don't like is no flying at max level which there is no reasonable excuse for other than to cater to people who are so weak willed they cannot be expected to choose to experience the zone the way they please and must complain that flying mounts ruin the experience when they are plenty capable of going through it on ground mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez no flying and ISqu are the best thing from this xpac.

Deleted
    No flying while leveling? I can deal. I get that they want to be able to have structured content and being able to choose your battles defeats some of that a bit too easily. Fine. They want to tell us a story while we get to level cap. Whatever.

No flying at max level however? No fucking way. What good reason is there? If I'm max, I no longer care about leveling content. I care about efficiency. Running across an entire zone and being constantly dazed is not fun. It's frustrating. Why do I want to fight a pack of level 95 mobs if I'm at level 100? What good reason is there to do so? The only reason I would fight them is when I'm forced to by a silly dismount mechanic. So why shouldn't I be allowed to fly over them?

Do you know what this is going to cause?

People simply wont leave the city. It's not like we have to fly to dungeon entrances anyway.

Flight paths are not fun, they take too long just sitting there with no ability to get off quickly if you change your mind or see something (say, a rare spawn). If you select a flight path that takes 10 minutes to complete, you have committed to that 10 minutes and cannot get off the taxi on a whim. It's a huge time-waste. Especially since FPs rarely go in a straight line, instead looping around the entire fucking map when you just want to get from A to B.

"But it kills immersion!" you cry. I don't play WoW to feel immersed; it has too many pop culture references and too much humour for me to ever give a shit about being immersed. I play for the endgame, and throwing up another artificial time-sink to that is frankly ridiculous.

What next, all rep factions require mob grinding like Emperor Shaohao? It wasn't "immersive" enough getting rep through tokens or instances.

To all the durps that say this or anything else is a deal break for you and this expansion.. Good riddance.. The less durps that can't appreciate the flying changes or the item squish improvements, then the better off we'll all be. The game has been dumb down enough already for people like that.

[QUOTE=Rawcult;23589603]Simply won't buy the expansion then.[/QUOT

Your infant tears sustain me. Cant believe most of this thread consists of people that are like YEAH FUCK FLYIN' BRO! and the little pack of qq kids sobbing about not being able to go afk on their flying mounts.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    That's still not really a point though, because any benefit is gone the second you allow it. It's a small time window where content will be experienced exactly how Blizzard wants it. And then they allow it and all their careful planning is gone, so it really serves no point to begin with.
    It can still be withheld until maximum level; and as newer content patches come out and it is no longer necessary to restrict flying in wherever; whichever new zone takes its place can have flying restricted...

In this way they can satisfy their own design gratification (people seeing the game the way they want it seen) and also the people for whom flying around is an important part of their gameplay. Are you genuinely refusing to see the reasons why they would want to restric flying at all; or do you just feel they aren't as relevant compared to yours (or others) desire to be able to fly the moment they arrive in Draenor, or the moment they hit level 100?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    First of all: Yay

Second: I hope they get so much positive feedback when this is released, that they will be all "Guys, let's just scrap flying for this expansion"
    You know that's great, except, unless the world is built _very_ well (like at least as flowing and intuitive as most of Wrath zones were), all this is going to do is prevent a lot of people from taking the time to level alts. I know that not being able to speed up the 3rd and 4th time I leveled through MoP, I just stopped bothering. First expansion that I didn't have a full set of max-level guys at the end. Which, in turn, left me with a lot less to do, because healing raids and ranged dpsing raids and melee dpsing raids and tanking raids is like having 4 times the content, for me and most of my buddies.

If you don't want to fly, fine. I get it. If you don't want to fly on your main for awhile, fine, I get that, too. I want to fly on my leveling alts, though.

I've also never understood "I'M GLAD I CAN'T FLY" because, really, don't buy flying. Why is whether or not Bob can fly forcing Tim to fly. Because he gets mats faster when gathering, or something? Solvable problem, I got a ton of solutions. I mean, really? You'd rather not have the choice? People that want to see it from the ground could just not buy the flying. I did that in Wrath on I think 2 of my 10 alts. The ones I really liked to play the most, you know? The alts I leveled to see what they were like at max level and not because I specifically like them, I just wanted to get it done.

I get the trivializing combat thing, so fine. Restrict flying to "already max level, or alts of a max level main", Wrath style. Book of Flying. Why is that a problem? Once I've got a max level character, haven't I "payed my dues" as you so seem to want me to?

I think it's just more of the "If you have more than one character, you will have less fun than a person with only one character." business that started in Cataclysm. I wish it would go away.